Notices
xB Tech and DIY Info for the Scion xB

Air Suspension Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

alright I'm sold...this isnt gonna be my first mod but will definatley be done by the middle of summer...eric you xb looks damn good. Thanks for all the pics and info. Take it easy...Peace
Old 04-25-2004, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

here are some more pics i just took. i'm so full of myself, i can't stop posting pics of my awesome car!! just kidding. but i am happy with how it looks. right now.

Old 04-25-2004, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so what exactly did you do to get your car lower? how much did you pay for your new cylinders? you said you bought 6" or 4" ? is that the stroke length of the cylinder or diameter? it really looks tight, i would like to see the difference in the front raised....
Old 04-25-2004, 05:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

rear suspension pics? sorry I know I am probally getting anoying but you kno....
Old 04-25-2004, 07:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

awwww...the xb is taking a nap

those rota grids look pretty good...
Old 04-25-2004, 09:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i am using 4" diameter cylinders. i had 6" stroke but now i have 4" stroke. this means the actual cylinder is 2" smaller, so my car is now 2" lower. however, since i lost 2" of travel, when the cylinder is all the way extended, my car is 4" lower than it was before, which is bad to some people. but i'm more concerned with getting low than getting high.

i didn't get any good pictures of the rear mounts. i'll try to get some good ones when it is sunny and i have the back up. sorry it's taking so long.

i got the new cylinders for about $350 for both (with tax) from MIC. the 6" stroke ones are more expensive. of course this price doesn't include any fittings or brackets to bolt it to the car, just the cylinder. i saw some generic cylinders with macpherson brackets in a mini truckin magazine for around $600 a pair. i don't know if all macpherson struts have the same mounting holes, or if there are some that will work with our cars, but if so, that would definitely be the way to go. just screw those on the cylinder rod and the bottom is done.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aim Industries has a bolt-on kit for the xB... 1295 for normal... 1495 for fast...

I'll take it ;)
Old 04-26-2004, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by jdaniels
Aim Industries has a bolt-on kit for the xB... 1295 for normal... 1495 for fast...
I'll take it ;)
cool. i like those bolt in strut bags. that makes doing the front WAY easier. i wonder how low they go with those. someone buy those so i can see. i think cylinders are a better ride though. and they're definitely faster for sure.

here is a link:
http://www.truckn-store.com/product....t.asp&ID=57829

i don't recommend AIM but who knows, maybe they have better stuff now then they used to.

eric.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member

eric

where did u get your set up from? your mini truck looks bad a**
Old 04-26-2004, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by GOTLAVA
eric
where did u get your set up from? your mini truck looks bad a**
i got all the parts from a place called pacific air technologies in mission veijo, ca. they bought master image customs, so now you can buy stuff directly from MIC. it's not really a "setup" though. i just bought a bunch of parts and put them all together and custom fabricated all the brackets. i think i've answered this question about 250 times since i did the air suspension. now i remember why i took it off the first time.

i wanted to cut the roof off and make the back into a bed so it really does look like a truck, but that would be a lot of work and i don't have the time or money. but i think it would look cool. you could weld the rear doors shut and it would just be a 2 door truck with a bed. someone photoshopped some pictures a while back and it looks great.

here is a picture of the airstrut. this is cool.
http://www.truckn-store.com/techDrawings/airstrut.pdf
Old 04-28-2004, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default baggin the box

tttt

Last edited by bonzai272; 11-05-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

NEWS: i was just at master image customs in mission viejo, ca and i asked them about some macpherson lower brackets for air cylinders. turns out they have some really nice machined aluminum ones. they are about $99 each, but totally worth the price. they're machined out of one piece of solid aluminum and will never break. they are threaded and screw right into your cylinder. then you drill 2 holes to match your hole pattern and bolt them to your car. makes it so simple. they even have some custom made top mounts so you can mount the cylinder to your strut tower without having to fabricate anything! really awesome. just a heads up for anyone who is interested. the phone number there is 714.970.9488.

you can tell them eric with the white scion told you about them and they might give you a good deal. or maybe they'll charge you more. i don't know. but they always seem to have what i need when i go in there, and they sell quality stuff. and they're really nice.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Eric M ,

Bill said you might be able to help me out im looking to buy a full air bag set up fpr my box and wonder if you can help a native so cal bro out. I understand what the cost of these kits are and will gladly give you more for the help.

Dj
Old 05-08-2004, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just got an e-mail from www.teampneumatic.com they are going to have an airbag kit avail for the xb comming out soon. one of the installers has an xb and is in the process of bagging it, it will not be cylinders it will be an air bag strut system that will get as low as air cylinders (hopefully) with level adjustments and shock adjustments for the ride quality. if you have anyquestions check out theyre site and e-mail them the guy i talked to was joe and he seems like a pretty cool guy........thanks[/url]
Old 05-10-2004, 11:46 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

heres a complete kit for the xB

http://www.airbagit-store.com/produc...t.asp&ID=57829
Old 05-10-2004, 11:49 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

ok, my bad thats the same one as the truckns store
Old 05-12-2004, 07:14 AM
5 Year Member

so i went on cardomain.com and there was a white one in florida that was bagged.pretty sik.mine is bagged too.my pics on nueragraphix.com
i wanna sit lower.gotta figure it out.just got new rims the other day.dont have pics yet
Old 05-12-2004, 08:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

saw the pics of your xb didnt look to low though, i also saw the white xb from florida i wonder whos it is? what sort of system are you running? bags,cylinders,strut bags, what? where did you get your setup from...just curious
Old 05-13-2004, 04:45 AM
5 Year Member

question man can you tell me , how tall is the total hieght of your rim and tires trying to compair to my 18's and figure out if tis worth spending the money to ditch my air bags for cylinders .how wide are your rims total also . what is the total hieght of your vehicals front wheel wells and also your rear wheel wells , thanks man one day im going to have a mpg of my scion thrown sparks :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Old 05-13-2004, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by NuEraGraphiXB
question man can you tell me , how tall is the total hieght of your rim and tires trying to compair to my 18's and figure out if tis worth spending the money to ditch my air bags for cylinders .how wide are your rims total also . what is the total hieght of your vehicals front wheel wells and also your rear wheel wells , thanks man one day im going to have a mpg of my scion thrown sparks :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
man, that is a lot of questions. i don't really want to go take a bunch of measurements right now but basically my 16x7 wheels with low profile tires are a lot smaller than 18s with low profile tires. so the car sits low. the fact that i am just tucking rim with only 16s shows how low my car is. there are several other xBs on air but none of them are as low as mine. but being low was my main priority, not just going up and down.

not to be rude, but this does not look like an xB on air:

this is my xB when i had 19s. i didn't do any measurements. i just bought some wheels and put them on and then i did air suspension. these wheels are 19x8 and are a little too big to use with cylinders in the front.

here is my car with 19s and air suspension:

it's low, but not crazy low. that is why i got 16s. plus the car is a lot faster with the smaller wheels. 19s really slow the scion down.

note: the above pics of my car were all taken august 2003. many things have changed since then.

there is one more thing i want to say to everyone. i hate to say this but i am taking off my air setup again and putting my goldline springs back on. there are a couple reasons for this. first, i drive too much. the ride isn't that bad, but it's not as good as springs with the new 4" cylinders i have. also, i just realized i am going to be 29 years old next week (may 19), and i need to grow up a little. certainly there is no age limit for doing something like this on your car, but for where i am in my life right now, i do not think having air suspension of my vehicle looks or makes me feel very professional. if i was younger and didn't have to drive so much it would be a different story. i guess i'll try to sell everything again, and if no one is interested i will part everything out. i know i seem fickle, always changing my mind and messing with my car, but i've had fun doing it and i don't regret doing anything. since i did the labor myself, it's not costing anything and it was nice to be super low for just a little while longer. and even though i still think it looks awesome, i need to move on.

Quick Reply: Air Suspension Information