Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: on button

Originally Posted by rican14
ok,now the on button just slides into the next slot.before it used to click into the next slot.i as careful on removing the thing. :oops:
I am assuming that when you say the "On" button you are talking about your A/C ****?? It also happened to me but I decided to leave it like that...If you use the search function you might be able to find a thread with the fix to that problem... :D
Old 08-18-2004, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default ****

no i`m talking about the 3 big *****.the one in the middle that if its on off no ac or heat.it use to click everytime you went from off to low to medium low to medium to medium high to high.that button! plase any help because i call dealer and they said that part costs $115.damn i was careful. :oops:
Old 08-18-2004, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default .........

thank you .......im saving this one.......will be trying this soon....
Old 08-18-2004, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

the ones i got at autobarn are to big.going to try the ones at autozone.there a little smaller than the ones i got.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member

Default Great idea and great instructions!

I changed my dash lights last night, and with your instructions it was super easy. Thanks for the good idea! Now my dash looks even better.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default DIY: A/C Control Color Change - Full Walk-Through

ok,now the on button just slides into the next slot.before it used to click into the next slot.i as careful on removing the thing.
Okay this is my first post, I hope it helps. Just received my brand new xB yesterday and already completed this mod. This will solve your problem with the a/c ****.

After removing the panel and the white piece where the LED's are if you look ar the center **** where that springy thing is located (panel), the one we are not supposed to touch, mine had some creamy lubricant, you will see a white plastic part. There is a little ball bearing that should be placed between the white lubricated piece and the panel. if you take a close look at the inside of the panel you will see where there are some grooves, as you turn the **** the ball bearing Clicks as it goes over each bump.

I discovered this because i was having trouble replacing the white part with the LED,s back in to its housing. After the ball was in the right place it just "clicked" right in. Good Luck.

TheKook ':D'
2005 XB
Old 09-02-2004, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
OhioScions
CinSity Scions
Scion Corps
SL Member
Scion Evolution

does anyone know if the green rubber ones from autozone match the optional scion interior lighting well?
Old 09-07-2004, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I did this today and the instructions were great. It is a little different on the xA, but I would have never done it without this post.

I changed condoms on the easy-bake oven and the overheads while I was at it, although blue covers resulted in turquoise lighting...not sure if anyone else had a similar experience. I'll probably redo it with new lights when I figure out which bulbs to use.

Thanks.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know it's been stated, and it might be overkill, but would anyone mind posting pictures of this process with teh xA? It'd really help, thanks.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tC

Originally Posted by CaliSciontCGirl
Do you know if this would work on the tC as well?
Has anyone tried this yet on the tC? Like many others here, I want to have a blue theme inside and the amber lighting of everything else seems to clash. I'll try to stop by autozone this week but figure i'd save the 3 bucks or so if blue covers on those amber lighting don't turn out well on the tC.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

so where do you find these bulb covers i have yet to find any even remotly that small ive only seen ones for the 194/168 bulbs which seem way too large . help me out pm me please
Old 10-06-2004, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

part # or size of the covers at autozone or kragen? let me know.....thanks..... :D
Old 10-10-2004, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i've found some bulbs for the change and i've also found some led replacments the bulb is #74 i just got my hyper white and blue bulbs in both incandescent and leds so i'm gonna see what looks/works best
Old 10-10-2004, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i'd like to retract my last statement. apparently i was told bum information. the #74 bulb is not correct so....... i used a blue sharpie and colored the light tubes works great so i think the sharpie to the light tubes is the best way cuz i know i certainly could never find the light bulb condoms. they do sell replacements online at like 2 wwbsites total but they're expensive so.... just an update
Old 10-14-2004, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Bulb number

I'm not sure if it's the right part or not, but the bulbs look a lot like a #24 bulb that is sometimes used for side marker lights. Like I said, I'm not sure if it's exactly right, but the 24's are really small, so it's worth a try if you need a replacement bulb.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

I sharpied the bulbs red. Looks good, and its bright. Doing the tach tonight.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

unfortunately if you just sharpie the bulbs in the a/c the sharpie will burn off cuz incandescent bulbs get hot so in a few days it'll be an ugly yellowish white color. thats how i tried to blue mine at first. you gotta sharpie the light tubes behind the bulbs. trust me you will likey
Old 10-15-2004, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

Ok, I'm gonna redo this then. As far as the tubes go...Are you talking about the ports with that clear plastic that branches out and curves downward around the backing of the *****? Similar to that plastic that behind the odometer piece?
I wasnt sure If that was what I was supposed to do, so I just did the bulbs.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

I did the same thing but used Rosco Colorine Transparent Coloring. It's a dye used for dying light bulbs. It comes in a wide range of colors and can be bought a most Entertainment lighting sale places or a good scenic paint shop.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tried to do this took out the bulbs colored those and it doesn't work (colored using sharpie and ink just rubs off) colored the the yellow condom w/ the sharping and it doesn't work .... i can't take off the white part that consists of the bulbs i just screwed out the bulbs ... anyone can help me ? i took off the condoms anywayz so it looks a bit brighter but still amber.

had problems taking out the three connectors tho and prying the center console out on the bottom nearly took my nails off with it

Quick Reply: A/C Control Color Change