5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Default FAQ: Release Series 1.0 Hot Lava

So now some Frequently Asked Questions:

1.) Q- What is the Release Series 1.0 Hot Lava xB?
A- The xB Release Series 1.0 is the first limited edition for Scion and will offer unique appearance and performance enhancements.

2.) Q- What makes it a limited edition?
A- All xB Release Series 1.0 vehicles will have a new, vibrant orange body color, Hot Lava, and some additional add-ons.

3.) Q- What is all included on this limited edition xB?
A- Outside along with the new Hot Lava color, you will find a matching orange powder-coated strut tie-bar brace under the hood, and a billet grille on the front.
Inside you will find interior enhancements which designed to match the exclusive Hot Lava body paint. The xB will be illuminated with orange under-dash, under-seat
and cupholder lighting, have black seat fabric with orange highlights, and a small numbered plaque will be applied to the interior of each Release Series.

Options listed:

Orange Metallic Exterior Color
Interior Fabric with Orange Highlights
Billet Grille
Orange Engine Bay Strut Tie Bar
Orange Rear Spoiler
Orange Underseat, Underdash, and Cupholder Lighting
Limited Edition numbered plaque
Pioneer 6 Disc AM/FM CD Changer w/10 color display

4.) Q- How much will the Release Series xB cost?
A- The xB Release Series 1.0 model will carry a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $980 over the base xB, which starts at $13,680.

5.) Q- How many Release Series xB's will be made?
A- Scion will make 2,100 units of the xB Release Series 1.0.

6.) Q- When will the Release Series xB be available?
A- There is no definitive date yet. All information that has been released to the dealers states March 2004. Once the date is available, it will be posted.

7.) Q- Where can I buy the Release Series xB?
A- Get the RS xB in these states:
Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire,
New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia

8.) Q- Can I get other options added to the RS xB?
A- Yes, you can have any one of the over 40 available options installed onto the xB, they will either be port installed, or installed by your dealer.

9.) Q- How can I order one?
A- Technically speaking, a Scion cannot be "ordered", it is "Preferenced". You tell your dealer what model, transmission, color, and options that you want, and they put it into a computer.
That computer matches your choices to a vehicle when that vehicle is available. Simply go into your local Scion dealer and Preference a Hot Lava xB before it is too late.

10.) Do I have to put down any money to Preference a xB?
A- More than likely your dealer will require you to put down $500 to preference a Scion. This money is a gesture of good faith toward your purchase and can be returned to you at anytime, without consequence.

11.) Q- I live in a state where Scions will not be released until June, will Scion save some of the RS xB's for sale in our states in June?
A- There is no information stating that Scion will save any RS xB models for June Release states. If you want one, your best bet is to try and preference one in one of the states listed above.

[b]12.) Q- My dealer told me that I can't get one until June. Is this true?"
A- The short answer might be yes. But the less than short answer is, He might not be able to get you one until June. You might be able to get one from another dealer sooner. The dealer you are trying to get it from might have preferenced all the Scions they have allotted to them
from the March release date until June, so they can't get you on the list until June. Due to the limited availability of this model, you might be interested in calling other dealers to see if they have fullfilled all of their allotments for the release date, and their allotments thereafter.

13.) Q- When I preference the car and give them $500, do I get a Confirmation #, or an Order #?
A- No, they will give you a purchase order with the model number showing what vehicle you preferenced, and that you left a $500 deposit. When your car arrives in the port then you will have an actual VIN number assigned to your Preference.

14.) Q- Are the rims in the picture included with the Limited Edition package?
A- No, the rims shown in the RS xB press photos are the optional 18" TRD rims, they carry a MSRP of $1795.

15.) Q- Is the RSxB going to be available in Automatic and Standard transmissions?
A- Yes, the RSxB will be available in both transmission options, however the exact breakdown of the Auto/Manual ratio has not yet been released.

16.) Q- How many RS xB's will my State or Region get?
A- There is no exact numbers yet, however there are documents floating around without a Corporate Heading, that say the Southern California Area will get around 320 of them. More info will be released as March gets closer.

This all I have for now, if you think of anything, PM me and I will add it.

Doc

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-13-2018 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

DOC

you are the man, thanks for clearing a lot of questions up.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice write up Doc!
Old 01-24-2004, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is nice, but i wonder how many more questions people will still ask about it.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by ikonXone
this is nice, but i wonder how many more questions people will still ask about it.
Dunno, but I am ready and waiting.

Thanks for the comments guys, I am here for you!! All my obsessiveness has to payoff some how right?

Doc
Old 01-24-2004, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Default Awesome

Not only do I have to get the Lava Box for ya but I gotta find a way to get you on the payroll...great job...couldn't said it better myself

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-13-2018 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:44 PM
Banned
SL Member

Bout time some one put all this together, BANG UP JOB DOC
Old 01-25-2004, 03:41 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member
Scion Evolution

Old 01-29-2004, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default SCION xB SPECIAL EDITION OVERVIEW

GST just sent this email to my dealership. i have the printout in front of me with pics but I'll post the text word for word:

INTRODUCTION:
First of several Special Edition Releases
Official Name: xB Release 1.0
Sales start: March '04
Limitied Availability: 2100 units nationally

OBJECTIVES:
Generate xB excitement
Create outlet that reinforces Scion=trend leading, surprising
Continue sense of discovery with subtle marketing approach

xB SPECIAL EDITION CONTENT:
****You guys know what makes it different

ORDERING INFORMATION: (THE GOOD STUFF)
MSRP: $980 (approximately)
Order code: SE
Availability: Preferencing available prior to Allocation 4 (2/16/04) Estimated allocation availability with Allocation 4 or 5
GST will receive 250 units in February and March production for March through May dealership arrivals

MARKETING:
The xB Release 1.0 will be supported by a full marketing campaign to include the following elements: auto show brochures, website homepage placement, print advertising in magazines, direct email and PR media outreach
Dealers should include the xB Release 1.0 in their advertising to draw attention to the entire Scion line

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-13-2018 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:48 PM
Banned
SL Member

Who or what is GST? Garden State Toyota??? sounds good for me here in NJ, to have 250 RS1 in the Garden State. Nice

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-13-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I believe you are right with what GST means but rmember that is probably the number that will come through that port for the mid-north east area total. Pretty much Maryland to Maine and inland some.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:09 AM
Banned
SL Member

Ahhhh yes, to live in the Garbage State, :o i mean Garden State

For those who dont know, Garbage State is trucker slang for NJ. NY cant handle all its garbage, so they truck it to PA and OH, right through the northern part of NJ.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Thanks for the post itimebomb, please post any other pertinent information as you receive it!

Doc
Old 01-31-2004, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

"It's not where your from it's where your at " GURU
Jersey's is the shizzie it's in my heart for ever

Kenny"Scion Boy"Hill
KHILL@driveprestige.com
Old 02-01-2004, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

GST = Gulf States Toyota

TX, OK, AK, MI, LO

We don't get Toyota's directly from TMC, we get them through an independent distributor (GST) in the Southern 5 states.

Why? Not sure. They bought the franchise.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-13-2018 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:04 AM
Banned
SL Member

Damn, and i was so close ....
Old 02-03-2004, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

When this Limited Edition hits the floors, what might be a guess as to the value ? Do you think folks will offer more than the factory price ?

I am curious, I am hoping to snag one of these anyday now when they check their allocation list - It will be an automatic ...

Is this a good investment basically ?
Old 02-03-2004, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by Netlizard
When this Limited Edition hits the floors, what might be a guess as to the value ? Do you think folks will offer more than the factory price ?

I am curious, I am hoping to snag one of these anyday now when they check their allocation list - It will be an automatic ...

Is this a good investment basically ?
I will my opinion and the opinion of people I trust...
1.) I think there will be dealers who will get this car and try to blow its cost through the roof. I anticipate some problems with this car, as do other people.
2.) I think that this car will either hold its value very well, or increase in value due to its limited status. If a person was to snag it, and then turn around and sell it in a state that didn't get any, I foresee some profit being made.

That is just my opinion though.
Ultimatly I think it will still be worth alot if it remains in great condition.

Hope that helps...

Doc
Old 02-03-2004, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If these cars catch fire like the PT did then it will be worth more in the short run (2-3 years). After that it will start depreciating but at a much slower rate than regular xB's. Granted if that is what you want it for than it better be a never driven trailer queen. Otherwise it will depreciate.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Thanks Guys !

Thanks for your response .... I told my local dealer that I am very serious about buying this vehicle, he mentioned that there was a young guy whom had a strong interest in getting one as well, he had completed a credit application and would not know if he got approved until last night .... Well, I called last night and asked if he got approved or not and found out a few other tidbits - The saleman mentioned that if he got declined then the Limited Edition would be mine ! Okay, I am paying cash for this vehicle ...... So as this story line goes, the young guy did not get approved and is an actual employee of the dealership and they are going to continue to try and get him approved !

Tell me if this is right or wrong ? You get this model in, very limited and an employee snags it ... Hmmmm / you have myself with excellent credit and/or willing to pay cash 100% in full upfront ! Should the dealer put this young guy on the burner and allow a serious buyer the chance here ?

** Maybe it might turn on for he best **

Quick Reply: FAQ: Release Series 1.0 Hot Lava