Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

On the Dl

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 05:59 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

i wonder how long it will take for this to fully come out? anyone remember how long the tc took to get pics?
Old 11-07-2004, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VIPtoyotabB
Ok well The XB is called the bB in japan, wich originally was a nick name because the only color you could get them in ( back in the day 8 years ago, and yes they have ben out for 8 jears in japan) was black , hens it quickly got the name the black box. Now in america under a digerent name of scion, they get the label of the xB, or X Box, for extreme box. I have no idea about the XA which is the IST in japan, so thats a mystery, THe tC doesis brand new in japan, as in the us, so its also up in the air, but tC could very well stand for touring coup. The dL may just be a rumor, or it may have been twisted, version of the truth, in that toyota is suposed to release the Toyota Vitz in the states late 2005, or early 2006. this is probbabbly what the confusion is about. But leakin secrets from toyota is a carefully planed occurenc, it is done to get the car enthusists hyped about some thing new, so when they do finally release something, everyone will want one, or go and get one. Hense boosting sales, and making mad loot, I mean after all thats what corporations are all about, Making Money.

Nico
No, the bB Has only been out for 4 3/4 years. They released the car in Japan in February of 2000... I was there dude. My wife's friend Motoko bought one, the first delivered to the Yokosuka area.. I was so Jealous, I told myself that if they ever released anything like that once I got back to the states, I would get it...
Old 11-07-2004, 03:37 PM

and you did :D

Old 11-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by Anonymous
and you did :D
whats with all the guest things too. that was me. since when can we post if we arn't signed in
Old 11-08-2004, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Da BoX
when the pimps in the crib mon,
drop it likes hoooot!
drop it likes hoooot!
drop it likes hoooot!

o sry
when the pigs try to get at you,
park it like it's hoooot!

Old 11-08-2004, 05:37 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

wow what a first post
Old 11-11-2004, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fireballfish

No, the bB Has only been out for 4 3/4 years. They released the car in Japan in February of 2000... I was there dude. My wife's friend Motoko bought one, the first delivered to the Yokosuka area.. I was so Jealous, I told myself that if they ever released anything like that once I got back to the states, I would get it...
Where were you stationed? I was on the ____ty Kitty from Jan 2000 - June 2003
Old 11-12-2004, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TokyoRaver
Originally Posted by fireballfish

Where were you stationed? I was on the ____ty Kitty from Jan 2000 - June 2003
Atsugi... that's really cool.... are you originally from daytona? I'm from Debary/deltona area. I'm getting ready to transfer to Oceana here in a month... wow... small world, huh?
Old 11-12-2004, 01:08 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

oceana in VA?
Old 11-13-2004, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BoomBox757
oceana in VA?
Yep... I'll be going on leave the middle of next month, and then reporting the middle of January... any scion clubs/events out there?
Old 11-13-2004, 03:48 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

I think thats around where our chapter of SE is. let me check it out.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member

There will be no more x-cars, all new SCION's will start with "t", the next one's being the tD and tE.

Though the Celica and MR2 Spyder are being discontinued in the US, they are being replaced for the rest of the world. A new Corolla coupe will replace the Celica over at Toyota, but don't be surprised to see the global Celica and MR2 replacements badged as SCION's.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AH-HA
There will be no more x-cars, all new SCION's will start with "t", the next one's being the tD and tE.

Though the Celica and MR2 Spyder are being discontinued in the US, they are being replaced for the rest of the world. A new Corolla coupe will replace the Celica over at Toyota, but don't be surprised to see the global Celica and MR2 replacements badged as SCION's.
where are you getting this information from? is it a credible source? if you have any links to press releases, do tell. otherwise ur just adding fuel to the fire and a bunch of angry scionlife goers will flame you. lol
i kid, but seriously, where did you hear this? its an interesting thought. the only thing that bugs me is if they really make all their cars t* ... then all the future vehicles would be "touring" types which would be odd for a company to do.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:01 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

I think thats what he thinks-I don't thinkt there will be more "X" cars, but I don't think the rest of them will either, the first letter is suppose to be the engine type, and I don't think all the new models will have the same engine, plus wouldn't it be stupid to have a line up that looked like

xA xB tC tD tE tF tG
Old 12-17-2004, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

pP is cool
Old 12-17-2004, 08:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

DL??
Old 12-18-2004, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VIPtoyotabB
Ok well The XB is called the bB in japan, wich originally was a nick name because the only color you could get them in ( back in the day 8 years ago, and yes they have ben out for 8 jears in japan) was black , hens it quickly got the name the black box. Now in america under a digerent name of scion, they get the label of the xB, or X Box, for extreme box. I have no idea about the XA which is the IST in japan, so thats a mystery, THe tC doesis brand new in japan, as in the us, so its also up in the air, but tC could very well stand for touring coup. The dL may just be a rumor, or it may have been twisted, version of the truth, in that toyota is suposed to release the Toyota Vitz in the states late 2005, or early 2006. this is probbabbly what the confusion is about. But leakin secrets from toyota is a carefully planed occurenc, it is done to get the car enthusists hyped about some thing new, so when they do finally release something, everyone will want one, or go and get one. Hense boosting sales, and making mad loot, I mean after all thats what corporations are all about, Making Money.

Nico
The tC DOES NOT EXIST in Japan... it is made in Japan for the US market only. It was going to be the xC but Volvo owns XC for their "Cross Country" brand vehicles. I don't agree with the way you have the xA & xB naming laid out.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

its a sign