Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...
View Poll Results: GTO or tC?
Pontiac GTO
46.51%
Scion tC
53.49%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

GTO vs. tC

Old 01-12-2007, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ Put a little money into that 4Runner and make a nice off road vehicle.. and use that for your toy car :D

I have an 01.. but she drives it for now.. it will be my off road toy next
Old 01-12-2007, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I could never justify buying a pontiac, EVER...they couldn't offer me enough incentives. If you want to go bigger and badder, my recommendation is an sti or an evo. If you want to mix luxury with that, i've been drooling over the infiniti g35 and slightly less luxurious, the 350Z. One of those will be my next car
Old 01-12-2007, 04:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're 19 and can afford a GTO? Tell me your secrets, for I want to learn...

The GTO is a hardcore gas burning machine for the price, but it's not all about those horse/torque numbers. You can get a car that's going to be more enjoyable to own and drive, and one that overall makes you feel better than a GTO is going to. When you buy a sports car, it's not just about the power. It's about the driving experience. A MazdaSpeed 3 or a 350Z are also very compelling cars. Aside from those, you could always pick up a used Supra or Corvette for about the same amount. I think the GTO is a bit too bulky and overweight for it to be a truly awesome sports car, although it makes for a great alternative to some guy who has to buy an Accord-type vehicle, but wants some serious go. Point is...just weigh all the options. I'd give my left nut for a MS3 or 350Z.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

if i were u and i wanted more power... id just save up and pick up an STi... those are some baaaaaad cars! and AWD ftw!
Old 01-12-2007, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

If only the EVOs were safer cars...its really a shame. I love almost everything about the evo more than the sti, especially the look, but the ratings on it are just so poor while the sti is such a great car, in basically every way. ahhh
Old 01-13-2007, 07:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well.. all i gotta say as for making enough at 19 is that i worked my ___ off and got promoted to an assistant manager and now i'm making really good money.. and i'm only gonna be making more. i love 350z's and i love the g35's more but the only way that they give awesom power is if you go twin turbo. but who knows.. as for now i'm starting to think.. if i keep the tC (which is an awesome ___ car) and finish payin it off and making it my daily driver i could just save up and get something bad ___ and spend my money modding the crap out of it...

but yea, i was at work today and i was looking at my car and decided that i really like it and don't want to get rid of it so i'm starting to think that this would be the best way to go.

not to mention that alot of ya'lls input has given me alot of ideas to go along with that.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

id get the gto in a second if i was buying now. its a nice car that goes. sure its slightly heavy but its got a nice interior and more than enough power. besides in the real world that thing can do far more than you will ever be able to do on the road. id wait til the new zeta cars come out if i wasnt buying right now though.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by PyRo_nika
well.. all i gotta say as for making enough at 19 is that i worked my butt off and got promoted to an assistant manager and now i'm making really good money.. and i'm only gonna be making more. i love 350z's and i love the g35's more but the only way that they give awesom power is if you go twin turbo. but who knows.. as for now i'm starting to think.. if i keep the tC (which is an awesome butt car) and finish payin it off and making it my daily driver i could just save up and get something bad butt and spend my money modding the crap out of it...

but yea, i was at work today and i was looking at my car and decided that i really like it and don't want to get rid of it so i'm starting to think that this would be the best way to go.

not to mention that alot of ya'lls input has given me alot of ideas to go along with that.
smart! once its paid off, you'll love not having a payment!
Old 01-14-2007, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well seeing as I own one let me clear up a lot of misinformation in this thread for you:

I have a 6M LS2 GTO. On the highway I get 25 mpg and in the city I get 18-20.

The GTO is actually very reliable. There were initial problems with strut rub when they first came out. This has since been fixed. Since then you've had an occasional car with a problem just like every manufacturer.

The GTO can handle 5psi of non intercooled boost just fine. Just make sure you upgrade the fuel pump and injectors or you will put a piston through the block. Which is probably what happened to the UTI car. Just at 5 psi you are looking at closer to 550hp.

Stock they run 12.9-13.3 and the engine loves mods. With just full exhaust, intake and a tune you can be mid 12's.

Fit and finish is top notch in this car. Better than anything GM makes including caddies. No plastic on the interior trim pieces. It ia all leather and felt.

Insurance - well I traded in a 98 Grand Prix GT for my GTO. My insurance went up a whole $20/mth. It is a very safe car and is not a very often stolen car which helps keep the rates down. It is cheaper to insure than a civic si.

Check out www.ls2gto.com and www.ls1tech.com for a lot of good info on them.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by kwicslvr
...Fit and finish is top notch in this car. Better than anything GM makes including caddies. No plastic on the interior trim pieces. It ia all leather and felt...
Probably due to the fact that it comes from GM's Australian branch.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by captainlaziness

Probably due to the fact that it comes from GM's Australian branch.
I couldn't agrre more!