Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Guy spends $250k at Forged Performance (well known GT-R shop) and gets back a broken

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Guy spends $250k at Forged Performance (well known GT-R shop) and gets back a broken

heres the thread link you HAVE to read this. its pretty much heart breaking... shame to see this guy get screwed out of 250k for this. this is down right theft and fraud. stuff doesnt add up at all. just read...

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...nce-the-truth/
Old 05-13-2013, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My god.... For the cost of TWO more GTR's, this guy could of had 3 in his stable. I feel SOOO bad for people this happens to. Its hard to get a good shop sometimes, and I would never work out of state with someone on a project that costs as much as a really decent house, and not check in once a week personally.

2 years, for a project car that failed in every aspect, that if the guy would of just driven it, he would of loved every second of it.

My supercharged SI is handled by ImportDPS, and they have a great reputation. It takes a LOT for guys like us who pour money (some MUCH more than others) into a vehicle that is a part of our lives.

I wish I had the coin to drop 250k, into a exotic killer GTR. I would be happy with just the car itself, and just do aero work, and wheels - and MINOR engine mods.

This guy could of bought a LFA for the cost of what happened here plus the cost of his car. What a shame.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:19 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

This is a local shop so you can imagine the buzz going on around here lol.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just read the entire thread.... I cannot fathom what boxx is going through... its as if this was a Hollywood script or something...

I make damn sure I have a solid rep in hand and backing testimonial / proven results before I let anyone wrench on my ride... much less to the tune of $250k...

Great post and hopefully this makes its rounds even to the AMC gremlin forums!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this whole ordeal went so damn viral its not even funny. once it hit reddit it was like a tidal wave of people flocking over to that forum seeing what was up and i mean people from every corner of the car world. it was nuts...

been talking with Boxsterr1 over face and he seems to have come to a settlement with forged. they are still hashing out but from the sounds of it. looks like he will be reimbursed for all labor that was unjustified, parts that were incorrect and installed incorrectly, all repairs that were made. and also all the OEM parts that were still missing. either returned or refunded OEM value... we shall see though.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jon
This is a local shop so you can imagine the buzz going on around here lol.
Oh please enlighten us. I read the whole article and I found others in that same thread. Something about an Infiniti I believe. They might as well close at this point.

Not in the shops defense but who in the flying F*** has $250k to just keep dumping into a place when you ALREADY are seeing red flags and are questioning their work.

*EDIT*. Atleast he's getting a refund. Still sounds like he's losing his ___ on the deal but I guess it's better than spending 2yrs in court trying to get them to pay. I'm still having a hard time fathoming $250k into the whole deal

Last edited by Erager09; 05-14-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well from what the owner of the car told me. him and sharif went way back and he went their all the time with smaller stuff and never had a problem... they were pretty much business friends at this point and sherif kept reassuring him throughout the whole build that everything would be okay. and the owner is a nice guy. so yeah.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

@Moonbass... absolutely love how you were chastized for driving scion... guess we "lesser folk" need to stay out of the rich boy sand box lolololol
Old 05-15-2013, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL you saw that? damn you really read it. yeah it was stupid. and i brought up some excelent points no one brought up and that was the shop and technician certifications. but whatever since i dont drive a GT-R i guess im stupid and dont count. but not all GT-R owners are like that. the owner is a really nice guy. its really good to know that there ARE people out there that own ferraris and aston martins and GT-Rs and they are still awesome. then theres the ___gots...
Old 05-15-2013, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJ_Moonbass
well from what the owner of the car told me. him and sharif went way back and he went their all the time with smaller stuff and never had a problem... they were pretty much business friends at this point and sherif kept reassuring him throughout the whole build that everything would be okay. and the owner is a nice guy. so yeah.
Ah that makes sense as to why he trusted him. Doubt their having beers after this one
Old 05-15-2013, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJ_Moonbass
LOL you saw that? damn you really read it. yeah it was stupid. and i brought up some excelent points no one brought up and that was the shop and technician certifications. but whatever since i dont drive a GT-R i guess im stupid and dont count. but not all GT-R owners are like that. the owner is a really nice guy. its really good to know that there ARE people out there that own ferraris and aston martins and GT-Rs and they are still awesome. then theres the ___gots...
Hell yes I saw that... I read everything I come across... especially a story that good! Yes, your points were dead on. If he was hiring any "Joe shmoe" off the street to work on projects that big... then I am surprised he has lasted for almost a decade in the scene...

... and to point... I'm happy people can afford cars like that.. but we are a group that loves cars and shouldnt down play anyone for what they enjoy or what brand... could care less what you can or can't afford...

Last edited by FIREDOG21; 05-15-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:17 PM

Christ this story is everywhere.

Feff
Old 07-03-2013, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I couldn't imagine if this happened