Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

New Concept design for Scion

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 07:34 PM
SL Member

Default New Concept design for Scion

Hey everyone! I'm working on a new concept design that WILL be sent in to Toyota/Scion corporate when finished, and did I mention that it will be an AWD platform?

A little background on myself, I'm a tC owner (08 FMG 5 speed) and haven't really modded too much on my girl, but do ALL my own maintenance. I know a couple people with shops and a couple who build custom cars/parts. I've always wanted to do a RWD/AWD conversion but keep the 2AZ-FE for it's torque/HP combo.

I will be working with some of those people on the AWD platform with a custom electronic LSD that should be able to lock down to 15% and up to 100% with minimal maintenance. Did I mention this platform will be turbo'd, no? Well it's true! The design will be based on a I4 with F/I and be HIGHLY modifiable to the aftermarket after a short time.

Here is where this forum comes in, I'm looking for people who would be interested in an AWD turbo Scion to be released within the next 2 years AND would buy one if/when it became available. If this applies to anyone PLEASE comment below your: Age, Location, Current whip, Driving style, and a Price range you would love to see this available in (Be practical!!).

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

One last thing, please DO NOT post if it isn't relevant to this concept..there is a lot of hard work going into this to get it to hopefully be accepted by Scion!
Old 09-04-2013, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

https://secure.toyota.com/help/faqs/...citations.html

"Does Toyota accept solicitations?
Due to the possibility of conflict between developments from within the Toyota organizations and ideas submitted by interested persons, it is our policy not to accept unsolicited suggestions for new products, inventions, patents, testimonials, proposals, marketing or advertising ideas."

Very cool idea, but for legal reasons, you're spinning your wheels for nothing. If by chance, Toyota did have an forced induction engine pushing four wheels in the works, and they were to even present the appearance of reviewing a similar proposal, they would be exposed to possible litigation. Better to keep their designs in house and collaborate as needed with other corporations with whom they have legal arrangements (BMW, GM, Fuji heavy industries).

I'm not trying to be a downer, but I'd hate to see you put all this work into something that will go straight into the trash bin. If you have a revolutionary LSD design, patent it!