Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Phase #2 Done: Super Size the 350z *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Phase #2 Done: Super Size the 350z *pics*

So, far my plan of execution has been going great.

Phase #1 was to sell the 350z. That was done about 3 weeks ago.
Phase #2 was to get a replacement for the family (my Buick wasn't cutting it for the family now that we are a family of 4 instead of 3). So, we finally found a great deal on an FX 35. It was between the FX and the Murano mostly. Then the woman threw in a Ford Edge into the equation because they were cheap. In the end the FX STILL was the better deal for what I was getting it for.

Phase #3 now that I have the family happy....time to make a B LINE right for Re-boosting. Phase #3 is now in line to be completed.

More onto the FX....
Seriously....if they were to convert a 350z/G35 into a Crossover....it definitely would be the Infinity FX 35. Just got it this past Friday. Had to make back to back trips down to GA to close the deal. I tried feverishly to find one here locally. The FX 45's go for the same price as the 35's. Alexander Ford lost out on a sale cause they wouldn't come down on their price and wouldn't give it to me for what I wanted it for. Getting a ride is suppose to be fun, but this was one of the most stressful buying experiences I've had. It's harder when you truly do the research instead of going in Eyes wide open, cause you don't just accept anything except the best deal. And getting the dealer to give you the best deal is short of pulling teeth out of a screaming kid.

Any how, the new wip....Same VQ35DE as the Z/G. Thing handles like crazy for it's size. AWD, BOSE stereo (Sounds AWESOME!), Black Leather, Touring/Premium pkg.....Absolutely love it.

Name:  DSC04719.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  120.7 KB
Name:  DSC04740.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  112.0 KB
Name:  DSC04735.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  105.9 KB
Name:  DSC04737.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  106.9 KB
Name:  DSC04736.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  59.9 KB
Old 03-31-2010, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Congrats! It's awesome to see one of those take off and sound just like a G35... that exhaust note gives me goosebumps every time.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:19 PM
SL Member

Hate it! Sorry, I just don't like the body style. It does fit the fill though. I just got out of my I35. Very nice car but developed an internal oil leak on the exhaust side and was just burning oil. No smoke but the oil was disappearing. At 941 miles on an oil change, I had to add 3 qts! SOLD!

A guy I work with has one and loves it. I will admit, it is a nice car though. Its awd right? Have you seen the new M37? OOOOOOO, so sexy!

Ok, go get boosted now!
Old 03-31-2010, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mod-Bug
Hate it! Sorry, I just don't like the body style. It does fit the fill though. I just got out of my I35. Very nice car but developed an internal oil leak on the exhaust side and was just burning oil. No smoke but the oil was disappearing. At 941 miles on an oil change, I had to add 3 qts! SOLD!

A guy I work with has one and loves it. I will admit, it is a nice car though. Its awd right? Have you seen the new M37? OOOOOOO, so sexy!

Ok, go get boosted now!

Yeah it's AWD. Stylistic I love the looks. It was between this, the Nissan Murano, or a Ford Edge. And the other two just look like Blah to me, and UN-inspiring. The woman would have been happy with either of the 3, but I wanted nothing to do with the other two more "Soccer Momish" vehicles. The FX isn't "scoccer mom style"....lol.

But yeah time to get back on boost. I miss my turbo. Coming back bigger and better though.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:43 PM
SL Member

I hear you. My wife is the same way. She drives an Explorer. My daughter plays on a travel soccer team so I guess she really is a "soccer mom". I agree, it does look better than the other two for sure. A friend of mine has the MX9 and that thing is pretty nice as well. Fortunately I don't have to worry about buying another car for maybe two years.

I will also agree that going into a car purchase after doing your research is so much more of a pita! That is what I went through in buying this TC. Honestly, I was looking at another suby, then got hooked on buying a used Audi S4, drove like 6 different ones but just didn't want the insurance hike or the maintenance costs. Finally I just said screw it, bought the TC, dumped an extra $150/mo into my TSP account (think matching 401k) and called it a day! So far I am happy and have no plans to boost this thing. Just something to play with for once.

You better hurry up on the boost plan, Bluesciontc (Steve) is getting way ahead of you.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mod-Bug
I hear you. My wife is the same way. She drives an Explorer. My daughter plays on a travel soccer team so I guess she really is a "soccer mom". I agree, it does look better than the other two for sure. A friend of mine has the MX9 and that thing is pretty nice as well. Fortunately I don't have to worry about buying another car for maybe two years.

I will also agree that going into a car purchase after doing your research is so much more of a pita! That is what I went through in buying this TC. Honestly, I was looking at another suby, then got hooked on buying a used Audi S4, drove like 6 different ones but just didn't want the insurance hike or the maintenance costs. Finally I just said screw it, bought the TC, dumped an extra $150/mo into my TSP account (think matching 401k) and called it a day! So far I am happy and have no plans to boost this thing. Just something to play with for once.

You better hurry up on the boost plan, Bluesciontc (Steve) is getting way ahead of you.

Taking my time with my new setup plans. Another reason why we wanted a Crossover/SUV is so I can have a vehicle to tow the tC to the track when necessary. tC is my track car so. And I'm not running Redline this season, so Steve is the gunner this year for that series. I'm getting seat time doing HPDE days and normal track days. Perhaps 2011 I'll pop back on the RTA radar with my all new setup. Should be a decent contender for the East Coast FWD ranks. Placed 4th at my RTA debut, and 6th overall for the 2009 season, and that was just N/A. Going back on boost and hope to steal a few podium spots in 2011. For 2010 though, I'm just eating up tires and other drivers on the track.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:42 PM
SL Member

Nothing wrong with that! Track days rock!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What Ptuning kit are you getting exactly? what turbo as well?
Old 03-31-2010, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

congrats man! its a nice car, those were one of my good options of SUV but the wife doesnt feel it... I like the bodylines. Now you will have a comfortable ride when you need it.. Im know when you drive your modded car for awhile you sometimes want to take a break and ride something that you wouldnt feel the road
Old 03-31-2010, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by MDTC713
What Ptuning kit are you getting exactly? what turbo as well?

PTuning RS Turbo Kit
- V.2 Manifold (new v-banded manifold w/44mm wg)
- GT3076r turbo (new with Tial Turbine housing, Full V-banded)
- PTuning 3" exhaust (version 1)
- PTuning 900cc injectors

Following shortly after
PTuning Methanol Injection kit
PTuning Fuel Return system

After built motor then
- Upgrade to GT35R (for Time Attack)
Debating still on making it dual purpose and having an alternate turbo for Drag racing
- Alternate turbo GT40.

PS....My tC will be paid off next year...then it probably will be nothing more than a track car that rarely see's the streets (only on special occasions).
Old 03-31-2010, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
congrats man! its a nice car, those were one of my good options of SUV but the wife doesnt feel it... I like the bodylines. Now you will have a comfortable ride when you need it.. Im know when you drive your modded car for awhile you sometimes want to take a break and ride something that you wouldnt feel the road

You aint Kiddin man. For those times when you want some peace and quiet/rest and relaxation. Hop in the comforts of some luxury and go 2 miles an hour so everyone sees you....lol.