Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Traded my 2010 Jetta for 2011 5.0. Added few pictures

Old 06-23-2011, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Traded my 2010 Jetta for 2011 5.0. Added few pictures

Hey guys !
So last friday to make a long story short i traded in my 2010 Jetta and picked up 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 6 speed.

the car is simply AMAZING !
Pulls HARD, drives nice AND i get 27MPG on the highway at 70mph how crazy is that ?!

Now my problem !

I had my fun with my tC, not as much fun as i would like to due to pretty much being in the military. I'm getting out next year and i'm going back to college. I do not need 2 modded cars so i'm honestly thinking about parting out my tC and selling it.

Name:  2011-06-18134122.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  62.0 KB

Name:  2011-06-18134323.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  61.2 KB

Name:  2011-06-18134245.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  25.3 KB

Name:  2011-06-18140515.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  61.7 KB

Name:  2011-06-18140551.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  56.5 KB

Name:  2011-06-18140631.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  30.5 KB

Name:  2011-06-18140804.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  56.5 KB

I love my tC but ALOT of things point towards the 5.0 and how much better it is and can be with not as much invested as in my tC.

Yes my Scion can probably take on stock 5.0 from a roll and pull few cars BUT its not as reliable as 5.0 and only from a roll. Mustangs new engine is amazing and its RWD.

Yeah,
so what do you guys think ?

Last edited by RusWolf; 06-27-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a love/hate relationship with Mustangs. The one I used to own was awesome but at the same time it was the biggest POS I've ever had. But for some reason I love Mustangs. So, I'd say Mustang. I'd honestly take a new 5.0 over my tC anyday.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you have no need for it sell it IMO...the 5.0 was what I almost bought in place of my WRX..that car is simply amazing ib every way really. Only thing that kept me from it was the dealership jerking ne around :/
Old 06-26-2011, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks guys !
Yeah i'm REALLY enjoying driving the 5.0 it's really impressive.

Dealership guys were trying to play me a little as well. However i revealed a little secret to them, i used to sell cars before i joined the military. So pretty much i sold my Jetta to them for $17,000 it had 20k miles on it, few dents from other peoples doors and few scratches from most likely automatic car washes. Last august when i got the Jetta sale price on it was invoice as well, which was $19,000. As far as i look at it i only lost $2,000 from the Jetta's original sale price to me !
Mustang was sold to me for flat invoice AND with my Jetta trade in i got into their hold back ! So yeah their butt should be hurting a little from that deal ! lol...

I did unfortunately had to roll in few thousands into the mustang which lease APR from the jetta. My plan is to save up 3-4K and refinance the 5.0 that way it will lower my payment and lower my interest which is actually already pretty low for a purchase deal.

I have been thinking, i easily put in $15K into my scion i wonder if it's going to be possible selling as it is with all the mods and built engine for about $18,000 ?
Old 06-26-2011, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How many miles are on your tC? That might be a little steep but I have no idea what kind of work you put into it.

The dealership I was trying to go through my hotel has a contract with because they send their people to us so we can get a discount. I called the dealer trying to get an idea and they kept on wanting me to go down and work out a deal before giving me a price. Problem is the dealer was almost 2 hours away from me so I wasn't going to cruise down for something I couldn't afford or didn't feel was a good deal..long story short
Old 06-27-2011, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Yeah delaers do want you to come in cuz they can't sell you a car over the phone. basic rules of a car salesman. Never give out prices over the phone or on the parking lot.

My car has 28K miles on the body and 500 miles on the fully built engine.

go to the for sale section on the forums and i posted a feeler for the sale thread and you can read some highlights of my car.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn in tha case that is pretty reasonable lol glws
Old 06-27-2011, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Honestly i do think it's a fair deal. It's a GREAT car with alot of potential ! It just needs an owner with time on hands and owner who will actually drive it.

I'm going to add some pics of the stang now, lol
Old 06-27-2011, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Yev, Nice pick-up with the Mustang! GLWS on the tC! Cant wait to get rid of my tC! I love it but its time for it to go. But I am waiting to pay it off then let the wife get something. Howd you like the V-dub? My wife likes the CC. I kinda like the 2012 Jetta GLI. Basicaly a GTI in sedan form!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks Brock !
Yeah i kind of want to sell my tC ASAP as well. Would be sweet to sell it as a whole and not part it out.
I already spoke to a GM of the delaership i used to sell cars for. And he said he can put my car on the lot and help me sell it only thing i will just have to throw in few bucks to whoever sells it.

As far as VW goes. Jetta was fine from point a to point b. I never really had an excitement driving it. Pretty much it was felt as it was just a car for basic needs never had a feeling that it flows me and my style. 5.0 does have that !

Also there were few things bugging me.
1) Automatic tranny, it was laggy at time and the car itself felt slow after my tC.
2) Few rattles around sunroof, glove box and rear window.

I heard that new Jettas interior quality went down all reviews talk about it and i guess it cheaper for a reason. CC is a nice car but for around 30K you might as well jump into MB C300 in my opinion.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 06-28-2011, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

^^^ Thank you !
something is coming in the mail today ! and something else hopefully next week
Old 06-29-2011, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the same idea of just trading in the TC rather than modding and getting something like a GT. But I am just making E4 so big dreams there lol.

Jealous of the car man, looks good.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:37 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Congrats and welcome to the family!!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:40 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

You should def hit me up now since we're both on lewis and roll up to pacific raceways and put that puppy on the track!!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:44 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by RusWolf
^^^ Thank you !
something is coming in the mail today ! and something else hopefully next week
If ya need a hand/garage/tools/beer for the install, let me know
Old 06-29-2011, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

^^^ Yeah man it be cool...
I was thinking about using that auto center by dupont gate for the installs but if you want to have a beer/install day thats even more awesome !

My Roush CAI came in today...I'm not that impressed with it to be honest with you. For $200 i don't feel like i'm getting goods for that amount so i might actually just return that CAI and purchase AirAid instead. I head AirAid has some kind of insert where you can put it in and run it with no tune. Once you decide to tune that intake you can take the tune out. I've been kind of interested in that intake but pulled the trigger to early on the Rosuh because i just found out about the inside tune for no tuning on AirAid.

My Roush exhaust should be here on Friday hopefully. Now i'm pretty i'm going to love that one because from all majot brands thats the best sounding in my opinion.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:06 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by RusWolf
^^^ Yeah man it be cool...
I was thinking about using that auto center by dupont gate for the installs but if you want to have a beer/install day thats even more awesome !

My Roush CAI came in today...I'm not that impressed with it to be honest with you. For $200 i don't feel like i'm getting goods for that amount so i might actually just return that CAI and purchase AirAid instead. I head AirAid has some kind of insert where you can put it in and run it with no tune. Once you decide to tune that intake you can take the tune out. I've been kind of interested in that intake but pulled the trigger to early on the Rosuh because i just found out about the inside tune for no tuning on AirAid.

My Roush exhaust should be here on Friday hopefully. Now i'm pretty i'm going to love that one because from all majot brands thats the best sounding in my opinion.
Dude a tune is a must. I mean u can run mods without but ur missing out on ALOT of power with mods on the factory tune. Intake/exhaust/Boss 302 intake manifold/tune guys are running as fast as me!

Last edited by Prototype_xB; 06-29-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:08 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Also i texted ya last night to the 646 # u gave me a while back. Get it? If ya come out to pac raceway with us sometime u can run my factory 18x9.5's that are wrapped in 305 mickey thompson ET streets because street tires out there are horrible!
Old 06-30-2011, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Yup i got those text's last night when my phone turned on. Didnt want to be rude and text you after 22:00. Texted you today.
Can't wait to get that exhaust on friday and hopefully we can throw it on this weekend.

Shipped Roush intake back today because ribs on the filter were bent and i didnt feel like Roush intake was worth $200.
Next month will most likely purchase AirAid intake and sometime in the fall get a tune. I'm still hesitating on the tune because i do not want to void my warranty for now. Definately will not do any major mods untill i sell my tC.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Traded my 2010 Jetta for 2011 5.0. Added few pictures