Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Autosports & Technique (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/autosports-technique-1632/)
-   -   Formula One (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/autosports-technique-1632/formula-one-88134/)

captainlaziness 01-22-2007 06:30 AM

Formula One

Any F1 fans here on SL?
It should be a great season now that Ferrari's wonder boy Micheal Schumacher has retired. Hopefully, Ralf Schumacher and Jarno Trulli will be able to drive Toyota back onto the podium a few more times than in past years.

Let's also hope for a better show at Indy than last year's fiasco. :pray:

54 days till Melbourne!

Zander416 01-22-2007 08:02 PM

I love F1 but I rarely get to watch it or keep up with it. :(

captainlaziness 01-23-2007 03:22 AM

Yeah, the coverage of F1 here in the States isn't the best, but the Speed channel still manages to show races. :bow:

The site for keeping up to date on F1:
http://www.formula1.com/

53 days.

captainlaziness 01-24-2007 05:29 AM

Kimi Raikkonen just started practicing for Ferrari yesterday.

Raik-kon-nen! Raik-kon-nen! Raik-kon-nen!

52 days.

captainlaziness 01-25-2007 02:49 AM

Renault unveiled it's new car today the R27. Boasting a new and more efficient aero package, an 'instantaneous' 7 speed gearbox, and and evolution of the RS26 engine, the RS27. The new 2.4L V-8 engine has been tuned and is set to run up to 19,000 RPM(!).

Kimi Raikonnen's testing with last year's 248F1 Ferrari went well despite poor weather conditions at the Vallelunga circuit.

51 days.

playindagamewell 01-25-2007 06:02 PM

big f1 fan here!!!

we've already bought our tickets to go to Indianapolis this year!!! can't freaking wait.

captainlaziness 01-25-2007 06:05 PM

The USGP is great. You didn't happen to go last year did you?

playindagamewell 01-25-2007 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by captainlaziness
The USGP is great. You didn't happen to go last year did you?

did go last year also!
lol cars were dropping out like flies last year

was glad it was for a real reason tho unlike 2005 :relief:

captainlaziness 01-25-2007 06:08 PM

So who are you liking for this season?

playindagamewell 01-25-2007 06:14 PM

So who are you liking for this season?

honestly i don't know whats going to happen this season

with the whole shake up of drivers and teams thing... should make for a very ineteresting time.

would be good if renault stays strong even with Alonso gone

but if alonso can get a decent car to drive he might continue doing well.. which would be cool also...

will have to see how things go as they get started...

captainlaziness 01-25-2007 06:23 PM

True. If McLaren has worked out the reliability issues they had last season, Alsono should do them proud.

Disregarding everything else..I like Raikkonen, I wanna party with that guy. :D

playindagamewell 01-25-2007 06:24 PM

True. If McLaren has worked out the reliability issues they had last season, Alsono should do them proud.

Disregarding everything else..I like Raikkonen, I wanna party with that guy. :D

lol he's the one if i had to pcik someone i didnt like id have to pick him :rofl: hehe

but i can agree to diagree with you!

wibblywobbly 01-25-2007 06:33 PM

The site for keeping up to date on F1:
http://www.formula1.com/

I'm partial to grandprix.com

What's Toyota going to do when the Williams cars start beating Ralf and Trulli?

captainlaziness 01-25-2007 06:37 PM

I dunno, but with 20 DNF's last year.... :lalala:

rdck 01-25-2007 06:43 PM

HUGE F1 fan, myself! My wife says I'm crazy for getting up at 6 - 7 a.m. to watch (for the majority of the schedule), but oh well. I like most types of racing....open-wheel more than others.

It will definately be interesting without Schumi, but I figure hey, give someone else a chance to win. Raikkonen at Ferrari and Alonso at McLaren will also be interesting. And I hope Scuderia Toro Rosso make a drivers line-up decision soon. I really want to see Scott Speed do well

playindagamewell 01-25-2007 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by rdck
HUGE F1 fan, myself! My wife says I'm crazy for getting up at 6 - 7 a.m. to watch (for the majority of the schedule), but oh well. I like most types of racing....open-wheel more than others.

lol waking up isn't an option for me.. i just CAN NOT do it.

thank god for tivo!

captainlaziness 01-26-2007 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by rdck

It will definately be interesting without Schumi, but I figure hey, give someone else a chance to win. Raikkonen at Ferrari and Alonso at McLaren will also be interesting. And I hope Scuderia Toro Rosso make a drivers line-up decision soon. I really want to see Scott Speed do well

*Sigh* I wish I had Tivo, but getting up early to watch the races is part of the experience for me now.

You're right about "The Golden Boy." I'm looking foreward to seeing how things play out without M. Schumacher. Torro Rosso has to put Scott Speed on the track seeing as He's the only American driver. I'd like to see Speed make a podium appearance but that seems unlikely. :(

-----

Honda unveiled it's new car, the RA107, today at Catalunya in Barcelona. Honda's senior tech. director, Shuhei Nakamoto, is postive about the new car and looks foreward to a great season. Driver Jenson Button also feels confident about the new car and believes there is realistic opportunity to close in on the coveted world championship.

www.formula1.com

50 days

kungpaosamuraiii 01-26-2007 04:40 AM

Definitely an F1 fan. I don't keep track with it much though because I don't get the Speed channel. I've always been a Toyota fan despite.. um.. well, there are such things as Cubs fans so why not Toyota F1 fans?

It'll definitely be interesting not knowing for sure that Shumacher is going to win. I feel sorry for Shumacher the younger, having to live in his older brother's ENORMOUS shadow. He's a solid racer himself though; he just hasn't done anything spectacular yet. Toyota was supposed to be his big break, the company that'd unleash his full potential, but it just hasn't happened yet.

What I'm not a fan of is all the regulations FIA has put on F1. F1 used to be a technology fair for manufacturers but everytime a new regulation comes out, it cuts development of a potential revolutionary idea or paradigm shift. I mean, it's definitely safer for the drivers to have the speed cuts so that's good, but still, it'd be nice if the 2.4 liter V8s had something to do with streetable cars.

Kahuna 01-26-2007 04:43 AM

Add me to the F1 fan list...

Looking forward to the 07 season.

I've been here, but have yet to see a race here live.

https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k...7640000000.jpg

Where was I???

--Chuck

captainlaziness 01-26-2007 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by kungpaosamuraiii
....What I'm not a fan of is all the regulations FIA has put on F1. F1 used to be a technology fair for manufacturers but everytime a new regulation comes out, it cuts development of a potential revolutionary idea or paradigm shift. I mean, it's definitely safer for the drivers to have the speed cuts so that's good, but still, it'd be nice if the 2.4 liter V8s had something to do with streetable cars.

Those regulations are meant to to increase safety for the drivers and to (supposedly) cut down on the absurd costs of operating a F1 team. But the budgets of the competitive teams are still astronomic and even the little guys spend ridiculous amounts of money. So maybe, new regulations are just Bernie Ecclestone's way of playing the 'God' of the pinniacle of motorsports.

I agree that F1 cars share only the most basic components with real cars. F1 cars are more comparable to jet fighters than say, your average Civic.