Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...

Found footage from April's NJ time attack

Old 09-13-2010, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Found footage from April's NJ time attack

This was my first track experience with the larger turbo. I found out a few things, my car would not go past 115-120mph (do to factory ecu). Also I could have benifited from a higher rev cut. In addition to that I realized I still was in need of an lsd haha. This was at 220whp, 1st practice of the weekend for me. Was thrown in with some super fast Unlimited and Mod cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaJ3wfGkYo0
Old 09-14-2010, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Blown_xA, I have been following your thread on the F/I forums and your story of the car and what it's been through has been awe-inspiring. This video sent chills down my spine. Your speedometer goes up faster than my tach! You have made my day!

I track my xA and it's currently running the Greddy kit. I love it. I'm actually planning on trying out the Kaaz LSD for next season. I wish I had the funds and resources to do what you did. The 230whp must be out of this world. In the very least, I know what a built 1NZ-FE engine is capable of so that if I ever win the lottery, I can get my car set up the way your car is.

I wish I lived closer to VA. I would love to ride in it. You must raise a lot of eyebrows at track events.

By the way, if I sent you my hood this winter, would you be willing to put a hood scoop in? I love the way your car looks and I don't think anyone makes a hood scoop for our cars.

Keep up the great work, photos, and videos!
Old 09-18-2010, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by usc_ty
Blown_xA, I have been following your thread on the F/I forums and your story of the car and what it's been through has been awe-inspiring. This video sent chills down my spine. Your speedometer goes up faster than my tach! You have made my day!

I track my xA and it's currently running the Greddy kit. I love it. I'm actually planning on trying out the Kaaz LSD for next season. I wish I had the funds and resources to do what you did. The 230whp must be out of this world. In the very least, I know what a built 1NZ-FE engine is capable of so that if I ever win the lottery, I can get my car set up the way your car is.

I wish I lived closer to VA. I would love to ride in it. You must raise a lot of eyebrows at track events.

By the way, if I sent you my hood this winter, would you be willing to put a hood scoop in? I love the way your car looks and I don't think anyone makes a hood scoop for our cars.

Keep up the great work, photos, and videos!

Thanks for the kind words. Yea my car did get a lot of attention at that event, many came up to talk to me about it, they get a kick out of it. And I like seeing people get a kick out of it lol.

You are right, my speedometer did move very quickly. You can see how fast I hit 120 and then It had no more because of the speed cut with the factory ecu. It's kind of a tease because my gears are so short.

My car is set up well for the road course now, and I FINALLY can hang with high horsepower cars on the strait. My car however is not liking the quarter mile, but realistically I don't mind too much because im not into driving strait for a few seconds just to wait 45 minutes to drive strait for a few more seconds. Next year I will try again to reach my goal of 12's but for now my focus is in auto-x and track events.

You can send us your hood, or just buy a new one (they are not expensive from Toyota believe it or not). I can do the scoop but I would take the time to do it nicer for a customer.

That video was with the factory fuel system, 17psi of boost. Im now running 22psi. A Walboro pump and return system opened up a new door. Im at 247whp now, once I get headwork done and head studs made Im going for 30psi, should get me at or near 300whp on our dyno.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome. Yeah I will send you guys the hood. I can't imagine what I'd do with two hoods. I can have one hood with the scoop and for rainy days, just tape up the opening.

I'll give Ptuning a call in late October after the last event of the season and make arrangements to send the hood over.

Sweet stuff...
Old 09-20-2010, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Hey Justin, what turbo are you running now?
Old 09-20-2010, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Hey Justin, what turbo are you running now?
It's a T3/4 with .63 exhaust housing, stage 5 wheels and flows to 430hp. I may switch to a GT28rs. We are doing a GT28rs on a xb1 and if the powerband is beast then I will follow.

Last edited by blown_xa; 09-21-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice video man.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Who all makes LSD's besides Kaaz for you application?

Can you post some pics of your car looks badass =]