10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Default No more NOPI

“It is with great regret that NOPI Motorsports, LLC has suspended operations for the summer and fall 2008. This will include NOPI Drag Racing Series, NOPI Drift Series and the NOPI NATIONALS Motorsports Supershow. The company is undergoing an organizational restructuring in light of severe adverse affects of a disappointing spring season. The economy and unfavorable weather resulted in underperformance of all spring events. Michael Meyers, president of NOPI Motorsports, reports that NOPI Motorsports is working with its clients and sponsors to minimize the uncertainty going forward. This is a reflection of the economic times in which we currently live. The countrywide economic and industry downturn has caused a slowdown and tightening of belts. This affects everyone and companies, at all levels, and NOPI Motorsports is no different.

We understand the position this puts everyone in and we hope you can find in your heart to work with us through this terrible time. All of you are our friends and we have felt for many years that we were all a big family.

NOPI Motorsports hates this more than anyone as the many years of hard work, tradition and an industry we helped to shape would come to this."

For more information please visit Theory Concept's Website at www. theoryconcept. com
Old 07-16-2008, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry... I've never given two craps about NOPI. At least not for any of the stuff they show on TV of it. I hope there was more life to it than that crap.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

its not about whether or not you like NOPI.. this is a direct sign of things to come for this industry. I truly believe there is about to be another big change in the auto industry. Just as Hot Rods and Classics have had their days... I think ours has too. There will always be a "scene" for our cars, but I think the energy is about to shift to something new VERY VERY soon.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya, but to what?

I just see it that no one wants to go to NOPI b/c it's a joke (IMO, anyway). I don't see it as an industry thing. Sure, things will change, but I don't think NOPI will be the sign of that change.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ack154
Ya, but to what?

I just see it that no one wants to go to NOPI b/c it's a joke (IMO, anyway). I don't see it as an industry thing. Sure, things will change, but I don't think NOPI will be the sign of that change.
have you seen HIN lately? Its the same people supporting that too. No one wants to pay $60 to register, $20 to attend, $1000 to be a vender, etc, to see the same cars. Greed is a _____
Old 07-16-2008, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually, no I haven't been to a HIN event. They're always too far away.

The only one I can understand is MAYBE the $1000 vendor one, since they would theoretically attract a ton of business from it. I don't know about $20 to attend though. That's some BS.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ih8civx
its not about whether or not you like NOPI.. this is a direct sign of things to come for this industry. I truly believe there is about to be another big change in the auto industry. Just as Hot Rods and Classics have had their days... I think ours has too. There will always be a "scene" for our cars, but I think the energy is about to shift to something new VERY VERY soon.
Its not safe to assume that this is a direct sign of things to come for this industry.

Hot rods and classics had their day in the 60's and 70's. Those guys are still modding and showing their cars today!

The sport compact's are dominating now because they are this generations equivalent of the hot rod.

Yea we are in a ____ty spot with the economy and high oil prices, but the true enthusiast will still find a way to attend these shows and spend their disposable income on goodies for their car.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NurSpec
spend their disposable income on goodies for their car.
Ya, my g/f keeps making fun of me about that...
Old 07-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do NOT, I repeat DO NOT buy your girlfriend anything. Unless she is into cars too

You wear the pants in the relationship. Set something up where you buy her a purse or shoes in return for her buying you gear for your car.

it works...I promise
Old 07-16-2008, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NurSpec
do NOT, I repeat DO NOT buy your girlfriend anything. Unless she is into cars too

You wear the pants in the relationship. Set something up where you buy her a purse or shoes in return for her buying you gear for your car.

it works...I promise
Ha, well it's not that I'm buying her things. But nearly every other day she's come home in the last two weeks I got a new part in the mail or ordered something else. She just doesn't get it.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The countrywide economic and industry downturn has caused a slowdown and tightening of belts.
You would think knowing this that they would lower the $70 registration fee to get your car in an outdoor show, maybe more people would show up if the cost of admission was cheaper.

Oh, one difference between when the muscle era was over and now. High gas prices killed the muscle car because they had horrible fuel economy, I still get 29 MPG in the xB, somehow I don't see Scion (or any import brand for that matter) stopping production of B-spec cars anytime soon. If anything, the current situation may create a boon for microcompacts and boost the community. Now if only Scion would release another 1.5L.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

[quote="vettereddie"]
If anything, the current situation may create a boon for microcompacts and boost the community. Now if only Scion would release another 1.5L.
Toyota will remain king for years to come.. they concentrate on the future, not now. Look at GMC, they saw a need for SUV's and made the Hummer.. now look, there fun is over.

Scion 2010-
Old 07-16-2008, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn... That scion looks sick... Almost looks like the smart car. I wanna see someone put in a motorcycle engine in that.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

^ its a Toyota!