Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Autosports & Technique (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/autosports-technique-1632/)
-   -   Street racing is not a sport (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/autosports-technique-1632/street-racing-not-sport-121318/)

mrexotica 11-30-2007 05:08 PM

Street racing is not a sport

we are all adults here & shouldn't be legitamizing street racing by discussing it here.

drag racing, road racing, autoX...

controlled, sanctioned, insured, safer...\

that it all.

Zebman 12-01-2007 05:37 PM

But Scions are so fast!!11!!

Mightygnu 12-01-2007 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Zebman

well, some of ours are... :doh:

Zebman 12-01-2007 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mightygnu

I'd hope yours is. :rofl:

Mine wasn't. It was peppy until I put on 18"s and 300lbs of sound equipment in. Still didn't stop me from being a f*cking idiot and nearly killing me and a friend. :clap:

Mightygnu 12-01-2007 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mightygnu

I'd hope yours is. :rofl:

Mine wasn't. It was peppy until I put on 18"s and 300lbs of sound equipment in. Still didn't stop me from being a f*cking idiot and nearly killing me and a friend. :clap:

Well at least your alright now

CuRiOuSfIsH 12-02-2007 10:25 PM

Re: Street racing is not a sport

Originally Posted by mrexotica
we are all adults here & shouldn't be legitamizing street racing by discussing it here.

that it all.

actually, SL has a LOT of teenagers. No, most of the Scions on the road are not fast, but that doesn't stop the drivers from speeding, crashing, totaling their car, and possibly killing themselves.

rhythmnsmoke 12-02-2007 11:31 PM

Who ever said Street racing was a sport?

BUT....what I will say is that you go and ask a Pro Racer how he got into racing. I can assure you that about 85-90% of them started by Street Racing. Nascar for example...got it's start from street racing....as well as Moon Shiners running from the cops.

Zillon 12-03-2007 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

The idiots who take their Scions out and race someone from a stoplight, then come back and brag about how they beat that RSX, Neon, or who-knows-what in the Autosports forum.

Street racing is not an autosport. However, it is stupid and immature.

You wanna race? Take it to the track.

Murbyrne 12-03-2007 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH

that it all.

actually, SL has a LOT of teenagers. No, most of the Scions on the road are not fast, but that doesn't stop the drivers from speeding, crashing, totaling their car, and possibly killing themselves.

im a teen, and drive an xB. I know its not fast, so whats the point in racing. and even if i had something faster, i would still know better.

rhythmnsmoke 12-03-2007 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Zillon

The idiots who take their Scions out and race someone from a stoplight, then come back and brag about how they beat that RSX, Neon, or who-knows-what in the Autosports forum.

Street racing is not an autosport. However, it is stupid and immature.

You wanna race? Take it to the track.

Just because they bragged about it, does not mean they think it's an autosport. It's an adrenalin rush. If the track was open 24/7 (which we all know it is not), or open 5 days a week instead of 1 or 2 then we would see more people out at the track.

But it's not a perfect world is it... :silly:

rhythmnsmoke 12-03-2007 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Murbyrne

Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH

that it all.

im a teen, and drive an xB. I know its not fast, so whats the point in racing. and even if i had something faster, i would still know better.

So turbocharge it. You would be AS fast as a stock Automatic 2003 350z.

Zillon 12-03-2007 05:31 PM

Just because they bragged about it, does not mean they think it's an autosport. It's an adrenalin rush. :

Sorry, there's no justification for street racing, adrenaline rush or not.

draxcaliber 12-03-2007 05:36 PM

street racing is a sport, an illegal sport, but a sport. that is why it is usually referred to in legal terms are "unlawful contest of speed"

just because something is stupid and dangerous and wrong and morally corrupt doesn't mean it isn't a sport. look at cock and dog fighting. it is a sport, but it is banned in alot of places, and stupid and cruel to the animals.

mtxblau 12-03-2007 05:38 PM

...stupid kids caused my insurance rates to be readjusted twice already.

I generally would say 'it's Darwin at work' and leave it alone but there are too many innocent people involved.

For every person who has ever street raced, just remember I wish to punch you in the face. Repeatedly.

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
street racing is a sport, an illegal sport, but a sport. that is why it is usually referred to in legal terms are "unlawful contest of speed"

Uh, no. It's called a sport by people who want to justify and legitimize it.

torqueTc 12-03-2007 05:48 PM

how can dog and rooster fighting be a sport? Dropping 2 animals that cant control being put in the situation into a cage isnt a sport.. Thats why its labeled as animal cruelty.. I understand the point your trying to make, but you didnt use a proper example. Animals fighting eachother isnt a sport, its done for the sole purpose of gambling. (friends dont just call eachother up and ask to bring their pitbull over to friendly dogfight)

If your using your example, then "anything" could be a sport, like rape, beating your kids, or murder.

tCTaco 12-03-2007 05:58 PM

Street Racing isnt a sport, but more of an art..atleast thats what the kid driving this told me
http://www.rate-the-ride.com/images/...civic-3NHE.jpg

rhythmnsmoke 12-03-2007 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Zillon

Just because they bragged about it, does not mean they think it's an autosport. It's an adrenalin rush. :

Sorry, there's no justification for street racing, adrenaline rush or not.

There is no justification to putting a turbo on your car, there is no justification to buying $100+ dollar shoes, there is no justification to having bigger tits, there is no justification for someone to go on a forum and preach about "street racing" being bad, as you can't save the world......Who cares, it's life.

As long as it's on a dead road, and you and the other racer are the only to involved, I have no problem with it.

rhythmnsmoke 12-03-2007 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by mtxblau
...stupid kids caused my insurance rates to be readjusted twice already.

I generally would say 'it's Darwin at work' and leave it alone but there are too many innocent people involved.

For every person who has ever street raced, just remember I wish to punch you in the face. Repeatedly.

You should include, elderly people in that statement, women, teens, and illegal aliens. That's a lot of people you got to punch... :rofl:

PS....You really shouldn't hit a woman though..

Zillon 12-03-2007 06:17 PM

I'm not trying to save the world, that's far too hefty a task. Now, striking some common sense into people like you who try to justify racing on public roads, that would be a far more realistic goal.

You're not putting others at risk when you get a boob job, buy that $100 pair of shoes, or when you install a turbo on your car. Thus, your argument is null and void. Save it for the track, or an abandoned airstrip.

bayotanzk 12-03-2007 06:19 PM

I am not going to say that road racing ( Illegal street racing)'s a sport, though almost everyone at one time or another has done it. Boys and men and the price of their toys... Most of the time when we were younger, but every once in a while with the right conditions or frame of mind/mood. I do enjoy a QUICK bout with an SI as they are not expecting the supercharger. No problem fooling the first time, but wouldn't happen a second time. I like to say that the moon, sun, and the stars have to be aligned properly.