Notices
Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...

What exhaust & strut packages are common?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 02:46 AM

Default What exhaust & strut packages are common?

I'm shopping for a scion tC (I posted in the intro section).

I've zeroed in on a couple specific cars. I tend to react to all those perfumey cleaners the auto sellers use. So I'm more interested in a 2012 with 42miles (even though it's not the best one available)... that's got a few items, I'm wondering about. It was one person owned, and I don't know what they did to it.

What exhaust and strut packages and swaps might be in use, or be needed to improve these things?

> It's bouncy. It's bumpy like all scion tCs, but it's swings side to side when you hit a big bump/pothole/poor quality road... then any of the other scions I've driven.

Is this just older struts? Toyota service said the struts aren't leaking or bad in any way.

> It's a bit loud. Scions are. But this is a little more. It's not gutteral like I think of with an add-on. But it's not defective according to Toyota and doesn't sound it to me either. I've heard of the TRD addtion. Is it hard to put that back to stock? Is there something else probably used? I have the car overnight and hope to get Midas to lift it tomorrow to see what's under there.

I'm excited but this car isn't as fun as some of the others... so I want to figure these things out, hopefully before buying it.

> Is there any aftermarket mirror that's wider? That blind spot on the right is going to force me to learn to use my side mirror! It doesn't look like the usual set screw and slide it off the base type.

Nice to meet you! Thanks for any ideas