Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Caldwell Toyota/Scion: Highly recommended

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Caldwell Toyota/Scion: Highly recommended

I was torn between a Honda Civic coupe (used) or an xA (new) and I went in to talk to Kris (A guy, not a girl, since I know girls named Kris) at Caldwell Toyota/Scion on Bloomfield Ave. in West Caldwell. I went over what I was looking at, and told him I wasn't going to make any deals that night. He said it was fine, to take all the time I needed. The next day, while I was calling him to ask about warranties while shopping for Civics, he had an answer right on the phone for me.

That same night, I took one last test drive of the xA and filled out the paperwork on the spot. That was Tuesday, and I go pick up my xA TONIGHT!

Kris was more than attentive to me as a customer. He called me to make confirmations, and when there was a minor mix-up with the insurance binder, he said he'd make sure to fax Geico the proper VIN and registration information that they needed when they wouldn't take it from me.

Geico called me in five minutes to tell me that the paperwork had been faxed over. This is just plain phenomenal.

Kris explained the extra charges on my order sheet with clarity and respect. He didn't treat me like some idiot, and that's something I greatly appreciate. I don't like getting talked down to. He highlighted why VIN etching was on there, and since I can get it done free at my uncle's shop, he said he'd try to find me one without the etching so I wouldn't have an extra $200 to pay.

Kris even threw in lifetime oil changes, which is a wonderful plus... sometimes I might not want to do my own, and that was a $200 value totally nixed off.

I can't recommend him enough if you're in the area and looking for a Scion. It's attention and deals like this that should draw you in and that set Caldwell Toyota/Scion above other dealerships. Give these guys your business! They're worth it!
Old 11-14-2004, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

OhioScions
SL Member

Default Re: Caldwell Toyota/Scion: Highly recommended

Originally Posted by Roque
Kris even threw in lifetime oil changes, which is a wonderful plus... sometimes I might not want to do my own, and that was a $200 value totally nixed off.

#1. It surely wouldn't be a $200 value if it was "lifetime", even at the dealer's cost.

#2. All sounds good but unless you have such said perk in writing.