Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Buyer / Seller Experiences (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/buyer-seller-experiences-1610/)
-   -   megan racing... im calling you out (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/buyer-seller-experiences-1610/megan-racing-im-calling-you-out-145977/)

2007_wichitaSCION 09-05-2008 01:22 PM

megan racing... im calling you out

so here is the story about my 2007 scion tC... i bought a megan racing drift spec exhaust for like 315 bucks... i go putting it on and it doesnt fit right... it was on but wasnt a great fit... it rubbed in about 3 places and rattle against the support bracket thing under the back axle. i had no choice but to have it on for a week or so( i thought megan would do the right thing and send me a new one). well now almost a freakin year later i have a bent down pipe, holes in my heat gaurd a melting bumper and a huge rattle noise + exhaust leak... i have called and called and called about it and i get "yea as soon as we get a new one we will send it your way" or "we have a new one in R&D once its out we will start making them and send you one ill keep you update" bull crap people... i was talking to a guy named jose up there i guess he is some sort of manager or somthing. they told me i could get my money back from showstoppersusa.com (who i bought it through) all i had to do was call them and tell them megan would pay them for all the costs... but i was told that i would get a 20% restocking fee on a DEFECTIVE EXHAUST... at first i just wanted my money back no big deal... but now i have a lawyer getting ready to take legal action to get my money for the exhaust, and a new down pipe, and heat guarding, and a brand new bumper.... all because they couldnt give my little 315 bucks back... or man up and fix the mistake

Please dont buy from these people... maybe you have had a good product from them but once something is wrong you wont ever get it fixed...

sorry guys i had to rant about this seeing i was reminded of it today when one of the welds on the can broke allowing the stupid thing to rattle and sway even more... piece of crap :(

tCtCtC 09-05-2008 02:23 PM

my experience was great from showstoppers

jackotamo 09-05-2008 02:45 PM

You coulda saved the money having to get a lawyer and taking it to a muffler shop to bend it for you. Cost me like 50 bucks...

CarbonXe 09-05-2008 02:48 PM

Megan Racing is garbage. They're the eBay parts of the modding world.

tcCALI 09-05-2008 05:56 PM

is the s-pipe bent from you hitting it on the ground? and the bumper is all on YOU.

BlckdOutTC 09-05-2008 06:29 PM

my drift spec and s pipe fit perfect. who did u buy from?

GQQSE13 09-05-2008 07:47 PM

i have the same one and it fits awesome. check your brackets because i somehow broke one and caused the rattling and the dealership fixed. and if you are talking about rubbing on the bumper you can put a 20oz bottle cap in one of the hangers to make it lower.

Rydrdg 09-06-2008 12:33 AM

three years with greddy evo exhaust you should stick with top quality instead

nlataille18 09-06-2008 12:54 AM

I have the meagn racing s-pipe and drift spec. i think it sounds great and i haven't had any problems. Maybe it's just a thing

crush02342002 09-06-2008 01:23 AM

ive had the megan mid and s-pipe on for 10000-15000 miles so far with no issues, this chick even rearended me and fubar'd my axle back but it didnt messup my mid nor my s-pipe.

ack154 09-06-2008 01:28 AM

Megan stuff is kind of the "cheap" stuff that will work for most people but there are always a few people that have issues.

I'll definitely second showstoppersusa.com being good people.

Gonna move this to the Buyer experiences though...

2007_wichitaSCION 09-07-2008 07:44 AM

Hey tccaii go shoot yourself... When my brackets are stretched to the left all the way it's not my fault... Nice try though.. It's called megan=eBay sh!t

tcCALI 09-07-2008 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by 2007_wichitaSCION
Hey tccaii go shoot yourself... When my brackets are stretched to the left all the way it's not my fault... Nice try though.. It's called megan=eBay poop

you bought the poop, so yes it is your fault.

2007_wichitaSCION 09-07-2008 09:57 AM

ok ok ok i see what you mean... i thought you meant it was my fault for the way it was on. sorry but yes i take full blame for buying it... agency power is now in my near future

crush02342002 09-07-2008 02:16 PM

agency looks pretty sweet!!!

narconethree 09-07-2008 02:20 PM

Megan makes decent stuff..theres better theres worse...we just did a coilover set at the shop and they were a real nice set up...cant say ive ever used their exhaust on any car. We only use Strup...

BlckdOutTC 09-07-2008 02:46 PM

AP isnt worth the money though lol, i think the drift spec sounds better anyways, best exhaust for our cars for NA IMO. mine fits perfectly and so do many others, if it doesnt align right take it to an exhaust shop and they'll fix it

blown_xa 09-11-2008 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by narconethree
Megan makes decent stuff..theres better theres worse...we just did a coilover set at the shop and they were a real nice set up...cant say ive ever used their exhaust on any car. We only use Strup...

oh wow, yea they LOOK nice. they will fall apart in 5 months mark my words... ever jumped in a shopping cart and ridden down a rough road? that is what it will sound/feel like

narconethree 09-11-2008 01:43 AM

we just installed and tuned them...guess we'll see in 5 months...

BlckdOutTC 09-11-2008 01:46 AM

mines lasted almost 2 years and still fits and looks perfect with no color change