Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

soGone DO NOT BUY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thumbs down soGone DO NOT BUY!!!

Seller soGone (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/members/sogone-142386/) has sold me a unit that was not as stated. His thread (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...ghlight=x910bt) was to sell me a AVIC-X910BT. This seller sold me the AVIC-F700BT which has a similar face but different features. For example the F700BT does not play DVDs where as the X910BT does. I had put up with the late package where as I paid him on Sept 23rd and didn't receive it till today. First he claimed that his girlfriend was in the hospital. Ok, fine. I totally understand the situation of what happened. He said he was going to ship it on Monday and provide me a tracking number. Fine.
I asked him on Thursday if the shipment has gone out and to give me the tracking number. He said that it was sent off Wednesday and will give me the tracking number. Once again a little delay but fine I can get it by the weekend no sweat. He lives in Arizona while I am in California by the way. Once again NO TRACKING NUMBER. Saturday I asked him where is the tracking number. Being that it is on a Saturday it must be at the UPS hub. I can go pick it up or something. His second excuse was that the package was at UPS in the awaiting to ship pile. His comment to that was.."I chewed them out pretty well and got them to express ship the deck." UPS Ground is NOT express shipping and since when has UPS have an awaiting to ship pile. He then gives me a tracking number that same Saturday. So I entered it into the system and did not register. Weird. Once it registers into the system it should show up on the UPS website. Monday it is checked once again and it is finally into the UPS system and able to track the package.
Today after lots of anticipation, I receive the headunit. Ok it was a little scratch and banged up. Fine. But wait...why does it look different than the model on the Pioneer website? And so of course to check what model the unit is, should say on the unit itself somewhere. I looked around and nothing. Strange, it should be on the headunit. I looked closer and there is a smear on the barcode. Under a lightbulb I looked closer and behold a model number that says AVIC-F700BT. It seems that there is remnants of the model number from the imprinted ink when it was rubbed off that can be viewed under lighting at a certain angle. You got to be kidding me. So I email the soGone why did he send me a AVIC-F700BT when I specifically bought the X910BT. I told him that I want my money back because I waited and waited and this isn't what I bought. This is his claim when I emailed him.

Originally Posted by soGone
re: pioneer avic-x910bt
Wednesday, October 7, 2009 8:51 PM
"gandooke@gmail.com" <gandooke@gmail.com>

I bought that deck as a AVIC-x910 from best buy 4 months ago. Please do not insult my honesty as I have been nothing but fair to you. I already apoligized for the late shipping as my girlfriend was in the hospital. I will not accept any refund without my merchandise back first, your trying to get off with a free headunit. you are free to go through the paypal route and I will be happy to follow their instructions.Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
And so I did. Sent a dispute on paypal on the item itself. I am not sending the item back without my money. I DON'T THINK SO. What guarantees me that I'll have my money back if I send him back the unit? He already is late sending me the item. Him as being "honest"? Yeah, right. I have all his emails from scionlife as well as emails to my mailbox and a pdf of the FS thread that was opened in case he closed it down or locked.

I will get a pic up of the smeared barcode. Took a pic of it on my iPhone. If need be I will high res the picture. Anyone buying from him do not purchase from him. Total ripoff. And if anyone does know him. Tell him to refund me. I'll gladly send it back to him with a tracking number ON TIME when requested. I'll even scan the receipt for that return shipment.

Last edited by Shooting-Star; 10-08-2009 at 05:53 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damm that sucks. hope you get your money back
Old 10-08-2009, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is why i hate people.... sorry to hear it man i hope everything works out paypal is pretty good at times
Old 10-08-2009, 06:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here at exhibit 1 at the bottom left corner you can see a smear mark. Right underneath the barcode is the model number and so forth. My friend works for UPS and claims that there is no such thing as a awaiting to ship bin. It's late and I cannot sleep. I am so furious.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:04 AM
SL Member

wow i am sooooo sorry that this happened!!! i hope everything turns out for the better! Good luck
Old 10-08-2009, 08:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In for some better pictures! Hope u get ur money back man.
Got a pic of the front? The two models look alot alike but there is one difference: the disc eject button.
Theres the X910BT:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVIC....html?tp=20222
And the F700BT:
http://www.cartoys.com/Default.cfm/p...CTORY_RENEWED_
See the difference?
ust to throw in another, heres the x710BT:
http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_1...tp=20222&avf=N

The X710BT and X910BT looks exactly the same even to the disc eject button.

Last edited by Iceman04503; 10-08-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The thing is though, to my knowledge BestBuy doesn't sell the X910BT... At least not in stores. My girlfriend still works for them and I know a lot of guys in the audio center still. The only way you can get that HU is online...
Old 10-08-2009, 12:45 PM
SL Member

That sucks to hear, PayPal should help you get this resolved, just may take awhile.

And your friend is correct (I know a lot about the shipping business) there isn't an "awaiting to ship" bin, they may have a package waiting to leave a sorting center or something like that, but the only place you would have an awaiting to ship bin would be at a company who is sending you an item (since it technically is awaiting to ship).

Good luck.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

wow bro i cant believe it, what a scumbag that guy is. u bought it so long ago and i bought urs maybe lik 6 days ago and im getting that one today.

im sorry man, paypal will DEFINATLY give u back the money and F up his account.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

hmm thats strange, if he bought it from best buy how DO YOU NOT notice the fact that u cant play dvd's like the x910? i call BS on this dude, its ridiculous
Old 10-08-2009, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Iceman04503
In for some better pictures! Hope u get ur money back man.
Got a pic of the front? The two models look alot alike but there is one difference: the disc eject button.
Theres the X910BT:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVIC....html?tp=20222
And the F700BT:
http://www.cartoys.com/Default.cfm/p...CTORY_RENEWED_
See the difference?
ust to throw in another, heres the x710BT:
http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_1...tp=20222&avf=N

The X710BT and X910BT looks exactly the same even to the disc eject button.
Why yes I do.

It does look similar between the F-series and the X-series but I know I did not read wrong on the rubbed off label. Tried to pull a scam on me? I don't think so. Last night he emailed me quick after I sent him the email stating that this was the wrong model. I responded to him well if this was the X910BT prove it by showing me the scanned receipt or/and the front of the manual specifically saying that it is the AVIC-X910BT with serial number. After that he never responded back. I am still waiting for a response.

Originally Posted by DeathMachine
The thing is though, to my knowledge BestBuy doesn't sell the X910BT... At least not in stores. My girlfriend still works for them and I know a lot of guys in the audio center still. The only way you can get that HU is online...
Yup. At least not yet. Who knows though? Some stores may sell it.

Originally Posted by rosedaleny806
hmm thats strange, if he bought it from best buy how DO YOU NOT notice the fact that u cant play dvd's like the x910? i call BS on this dude, its ridiculous
Exactly. I haven't installed it yet thank god. It is still in its shipping box. Plus on the bottom right corner on the rows of icons should say DVD. How can you not miss that? Even so the seller should have just used the model number that is listed on the item itself. Every electronic item from MP3 players to computers to refrigerators to coffee machines to possibly a vibrator should have some kind of model number and serial number. But the fact that he claimed something that wasn't is strictly unacceptable. It's like me selling him a china made MP3 player when he wanted an Apple iPod.

All and all I am not letting go of my $600. That is MY hard earned money. I hope that paypal will help out in getting my refund back. Otherwise I will take this fool to small claims court. I have all his emails, pictures, and his thread. He has nothing against me. I will win no matter how you look at it. It is ridiculous folks. Picked the wrong guy to scam. I will chew him out.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

yup that right there is the money shot, clearly it would say DVD in the bottom rigth corner, wow what a scumb bag this guy is. and if he bought it from best buy and didnt notice it was an x series then hes a moron and got jerked, but ofcourse thats not the case
Old 10-08-2009, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah thats the avic-F700BT alright. The eject button and no DVD on the lower right is a dead give away. Take him to Judge Judy! I wanna see her rip him a new one.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to hear man. danggg
Old 10-08-2009, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh right another similarity is the **** on the units. One is black and the other is silver. In addition, there is no SD card that holds information nor did it come with the map cd. Makes u kinda question, is this even a working unit?
Old 10-08-2009, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Map CD? I thought the models that came after the Avic D3 had the maps on a SD card so that you can use the CD player and Navi at the same time?
Old 10-08-2009, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Iceman04503
Map CD? I thought the models that came after the Avic D3 had the maps on a SD card so that you can use the CD player and Navi at the same time?
I am not too sure but the SD card is missing as well. Can't run the navi without it. Was the seller expecting me to make the navi run through the power of imagination or through hopes and dreams?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

lol, I met him when I was living in Arizona. He's a complete tool.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And so the dispute on paypal is as followed copy and paste.

From Buyer - Hoa Chau
10/7/2009 21:55 PDT

Seller claimed to have sold me a Pioneer headunit model AVIC-X910BT but sold to me the AVIC-F700BT. Both huge difference in specifications. Seller was trying to hide the model name of the item. The model name was rubbed off at the barcode section but can be viewed from remnants on the ink printing. The model name can be viewed at an angle under lighting. Definitely not as described as what I had originally purchased. The seller need to 100% before he can claim what the original model is.
Bardia Nikpourian denied Hoa Chau's request for a $600.00 USD refund.

10/8/2009 11:27 PDT

From Seller - Bardia Nikpourian
10/8/2009 11:27 PDT

I have communicated through email with you regarding this matter already. I know the deck is a pioneer avic-x910bt as I purchased it from Best Buy only 6 months ago. The deck was installed as is, I have no idea why the bar code has scratches.
10/8/2009 11:29 PDT

I offered to give you a refund once I got the deck back in my possession but you are not willing to do so. I will NOT give you a refund without the deck back because then you have no incentive to actually send it back.
From Buyer - Hoa Chau
10/8/2009 12:04 PDT

I can send it back but how do you guarantee that I will receive my money back. I send you back your item and I do not get my money back. You need to think how this can be if it was reversed. In addition I have images of what the avic-x910bt and avic-f700bt looks like. They are two different items. Also you said 6 months but in your email states 2 months. Why are you mixing up your dates? You question my trust...how do I trust you?
10/8/2009 12:29 PDT

I told you in email that I bought it 4 months ago, I went and pulled the receipt and saw that it was close to 6 months ago that I purchased the item so I corrected the PP dispute. Regardless, the items purchase date does not matter, what matters is the fact that you are claiming that I sent you the wrong deck which is not what occurred. I am obviously trying to work with you since you feel that you have received the wrong item. If I didn't care I would not even bother trying to settle this dispute with you. My offer for returning the item still stands, I will not accept your method because then I will have neither the money for the deck or my the deck itself. Your worst case scenario isn't nearly as bad as mine, you still have the physical deck in your possession no matter what.
From Buyer - Hoa Chau
10/8/2009 13:07 PDT

I can send this headunit back but referring to what you were saying, how do I know and what is MY guarantee that I will get my money back after you receive your item? Also how can you change your purchase date when you stated on your email this was purchased 2 months ago when now you say it was purchased 6 months ago? The bar code not and model name was RUBBED OFF. Not scratches.
From Buyer - Hoa Chau
10/8/2009 13:10 PDT

Then the main reason for the dispute is how am I gonna be guaranteed that I will receive my money back after I send you back your item?
Old 10-08-2009, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

**edit**Ok my mistake...he said in the emails 4 months ago. 2 months, 4 months, whatever....How does everyone make of this? Should I send the unit back to him and hope for a refund or what should I do?

Quick Reply: soGone DO NOT BUY!!!