Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

TWM Performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Thumbs up TWM Performance

Not sure if this goes here or not...but here we go anyway!

Just got the TWM Performance A6 Leopard weighted shift **** in, and thought I would post thoughts on it.

Product Page: http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/shiftkn...hiftknobs.html
Product Purchased: A6 Leopard(Flat Black) W/Shift Pattern Engraved
Starting Price: $119.50
Price(Shipped W/options I wanted): $149.50

If you sign up/subscribe to their newsletter you get 5% off purchase(5% discount is reflected in the price above), on this item it basically paid for the shipping cost, which is pretty good since it is coming from Canada

Ok so here we go:

- Shipping(UPS) was great, ordered on May12th, got it on May18th, and again to TN from Canada

- Packaging was excellent as you can see

- Instructions - Very detailed/thorough and easy to understand

- Now the product - Feels really good!! It weighs just over a pound and is very well machined/finished. I chose the flat black, which was not as flat black as I thought it would be, but still love it!

- Installation - pretty straight forward...its a shift **** , there is a little more involved if you have a logo/pattern on top, but still straight forward.

It comes with a jam nut, and insert for the **** so that you can get the logo/pattern lined up straight. I deviated a little from the instructions, instead of screwing everything on and then trying to determine how far to back off the jam nut to get the **** lined up straight, I simply installed the insert into the shift ****, and then marked the insert to where the logo/pattern would be straight. I then installed the insert onto the shifter and tighten the jam nut against the insert with the mark pointing in the right directions, and then screwed the shift ****, onto the insert....DONE!!

This was supposed to go on my tC...but tried it on the xB, and it feels to good to take off....so looks like I will be ordered another one for the tC!!!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is it easy to grip,meanning your hand dont slip
Old 07-09-2011, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by my06tc
is it easy to grip,meanning your hand dont slip
Very easy, I have had no slips. Like I said this was supposed to be for my tC, and I put it on the xB to test and the wife liked it so much that I had to let her keep it. I will be buying another one for my tC, very happy with the product and the company