Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Buyer / Seller Experiences (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/buyer-seller-experiences-1610/)
-   -   What really happend to ZPI - **Update on Pg1** (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/buyer-seller-experiences-1610/what-really-happend-zpi-%2A%2Aupdate-pg1%2A%2A-110309/)

jwaggz82 08-03-2007 06:21 PM

What really happend to ZPI - **Update on Pg1**

Well - i just called the new number and spoke on the phone with a guy who told me that he will have to take my name down and wait on the outcome of my engine mounts.

Long story short - I prepaid for tC engine mounts which I (nobody) ever received. The story from the man on the phone is: The business was sold and there are many lawyer interactions going on right now. I also heard that turbochargers.com is getting the zpi webpage accounts and that there are many other people who had money taken from them. The word also is that Kennys own uncle is funding some court fees just to sue his own cousin.

If all that is true ...thanks kenny. I waited a year and 1/2 for a product that i never received and its just sad that it had to come to this. I have some of the emails saved that I sent asking for the mounts. Add me to the settlement case.

Start of users who claim to be owed money from products they did not get:
=====================================================

01.) jwaggz82 - Preorder tC engine mounts - $110.05
02.) tuffCookie - Preorder tC engine mounts - $110.05
03.) NycMiner - Drive Pulley $140
04.) Angry_Celi_Guy - 2.5" tc catback exhaust - $537
05.) HyPn0TiC 07 - stage 0 kit - $2350.00
06.) Adis - Stage 0 with extras - $3904.16
07.) tC-Collin - Stage 0 - $2,240
08.) krazylowgsx - xb turbo - $1500
09.) xjamiex - Exhaust Gasket $5.00 & tC engine limiter $139.99
10.) 11.) giftednimrod - crank pulley - $156.16
11.) suhhh - Stage 0 Turbo with other goodies - $3583.57

Refunded Users (as per users):
01.) joshuabowman - Crank pulley - $167.00
02.) Complication - Hydra EMS & ARP head studs - $2245
03.) 20tCDude05 - 3" Turbo Exhaust - $900

Here is something one of the SL users sent me to post on the main page:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Cards and Debit Cards (check cards):
If you purchased anything from ZPI and have been charged by ZPI or turbochargers.com you can call your card company and dispute your charges. Let them know that you have not yet received package and you think the business may have been closed. They should add your money back to your card within 5 business days.

Paypal Purchase:
If you paid with paypal you can dispute it with them up to 45days. If 45 days has passed and money came from a credit card to the paypal account you can dispute that with your credit card company. If it came from a bank account then you should think about small claims court if it's under $5K or Fiscal court if it's more but no more then $50K but please check the local limits.

If money was sent paypal and it was Kenny's paypal then you will be going after him not Danny Bower. If it was sent to anything like sales@zpi or whatever then you'll be going after Danny Bower.

Remember that if you're out of state that everything will be dealt with through Kentucky and their laws. If you get a lawyer, it will be cheaper to get one local to Shepherdsville, KY because out of state lawyer will charge for every overnight fedex they have to send and a bunch of other crap that adds up.

Also, if you have to go after Kenny you may have to take it to a Texas court since that is his residence now but be sure to check with a lawyer on that.

Quick review:
Credit card payment can be disputed

Danny Bower = ZPI owner and who you go after if charged by ZPI. He is in Kentucky

Kenny Strickler is who you go after if payed to Kenny's paypal. He now lives in Texas but may have to go after him in Kentucky but check with lawyer.

Turbochargers.com is who you go after if you were charged by them. They are based in Texas so you would deal with Texas law. Kenny is also claiming you will still get your stuff if charged by them but don't waste your time.

-SL Member

Here is another post from a SL Member:

Kenny Strickler is the name on the buildings lease. Danny the owner is not allowed in the building unless Kenny let's him in or he gets a court order. Guess which he has to do. It has nothing to do with having a set of keys or the building owner would have let Danny in by now. So parts and cars are stuck in there. If Kenny wanted to be the nice guy he is trying to portray in his post on the ZPI website that is posted a few post up then he'd let Danny in the building to get the stuff out or even sign the lease over to Danny. Instead he locks him out and people are with out their parts and cars.

-SL Member

Here is another post from a SL Member:

All people who have their car in the shop, there is a lawsuit going on. The more people that get in on it the cheaper it will be for you. More info below. There is 7 cars in the shop and that comes from the owner of the building.

Danny ZPI owner had keys to the shop. Kenny changed the locks. This also comes from the building owner.

Kenny is the only one that can get stuff out or let you in the building. Unless you have a court order. This also comes from the owner of the building and several law people.

The lease on the building is paid through July and the owner can get in the building to give the stuff back in about a month when he evicts Kenny.

The lawsuit that is going on should also be cheaper for people who bought stuff from them. The reason it will be cheaper because a lot of information used for the people with cars locked in will also be used for people who paid for parts. The time the lawyer spends on the same info, the cost will be split. Contact the lawyer for more info.

Lawyers Info:
Sholar Reinhart & Miller
Address: 129 West Fourth Street
PO Box 6539
Shepherdsville, KY 40165-6539
Phone: (502) 543-1500
Fax: (502) 543-7581

Talk to Jim Miller, he's taking care of the case.

-SL Member

j3st3r 08-03-2007 06:24 PM

Man until you know the whole story, why come on here and start blaming Kenny? Kenny was not the owner of ZPI.

turbogsxr750 08-03-2007 06:24 PM

Re: What really happend to ZPI

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
Well - i just called the new number and spoke on the phone with a guy who told me that he will have to take my name down and wait on the outcome of my engine mounts.

Long story short - I prepaid for tC engine mounts which I (nobody) ever received. The story from the man on the phone is: The business was sold and there are many lawyer interactions going on right now. I also heard that turbochargers.com is getting the zpi webpage accounts and that there are many other people who had money taken from them. The word also is that Kennys own brother is funding some court fees just to sue his own brother.

If all that is true ...thanks kenny. I waited a year and 1/2 for a product that i never received and its just sad that it had to come to this. I have some of the emails saved that I sent asking for the mounts. Add me to the settlement case.

What???? That is new to me. I am a little confused. His brother is 20 and i dont think they have issues between them. Maybe his uncle. But i doubt his brother.

jwaggz82 08-03-2007 06:29 PM

^ i changed it - whopz.

kanundrum 08-03-2007 06:34 PM

I got this in my email

To All My Devoted Customers,

All good things must come to an end and unfortunately this is that time I am at in my life. As most of you know I started Zero Point Industries in early 2004 and have watched it grow into the nationally recognized brand it is today. In January 2007 I was forced to sell the company due to the growth exceeding my financial ability to fund a multi-million dollar company to Danny ***** whom merged everything under a new corporate name ZPIracing, INC. I have attempted to stay on and see through the company that I started but I am at a point in my life where my family has to take priority. ZPIracing is still a great brand and company but as the founder, I am not happy with being second in charge and need to embark on a new endeavor.

I wanted to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for the support that you have shown me and the brand over the years. It will be a hard move stepping away from ZPI and the Scion community but I am sure Danny will keep the brand as alive and successful as it always has been. I wish ZPI and Danny the best of luck in the future as ZPI grows into an even more powerful brand.

It is still unclear where my future will lead me but I will still be on AIM and email if you need any tech help along the way. Danny and his team will be filling all the pending orders and finishing the cars in the shop as I no longer have any control or work for ZPIracing, INC. I have included Danny's contact information below as I am not sure on the phone situation during this transition. Again, I thank you for all the support you have shown me and I hope you continue to show Danny and his team the same.

Sincerely,

Kenny Strickler

jwaggz82 08-03-2007 07:02 PM

I received the email which prompted me to call and get a lot of other details that I did not post about.

brett561tc 08-03-2007 07:08 PM

funny how zpi never bothers to comment on here.

318_tC 08-03-2007 07:39 PM

so whos the head mechanic now?

brett561tc 08-03-2007 08:20 PM

i just got off the phone with paul (etsnet). the whole situation just got about 50 times worse. :doh:

sciontc07 08-03-2007 08:24 PM

WTH~! i bought the intercooler from them, now i await it its been only a month but they said they were holding it for me and sent it but they kept telling me that they still have it, and now this happens? long story short, if i call my bank to cancel the charge i only get back a little over half of the amount. 650$ when the intercooler kit was 995. cause kenny charged me 650 cause of previous store credit---

has anyone called turbochargers.com to ask for kenny?

brett561tc 08-03-2007 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by sciontc07
WTH~! i bought the intercooler from them, now i await it its been only a month but they said they were holding it for me and sent it but they kept telling me that they still have it, and now this happens? long story short, if i call my bank to cancel the charge i only get back a little over half of the amount. 650$ when the intercooler kit was 995. cause kenny charged me 650 cause of previous store credit---

good luck. from what i just heard, people have been arested already in this whole zpi fiasco. and kenny is running off to texas. something to do with more relaxed child suport laws.

turbogsxr750 08-03-2007 08:33 PM

As far as i know no one has been arrested.

j3st3r 08-03-2007 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by brett561tc

good luck. from what i just heard, people have been arested already in this whole zpi fiasco. and kenny is running off to texas. something to do with more relaxed child suport laws.

So whats the deal dude....you have a motor in your car from them, and all you seem to do now is bad mouth.....well it seems like Kenny in particular?

318_tC 08-03-2007 08:42 PM

WTF brett are u kidding lol

rhythmnsmoke 08-03-2007 08:55 PM

So, now people have gotten arrested. What's next the world is Flat again.

No body is arrested.

j3st3r 08-03-2007 08:59 PM

Next they will say Kenny and Vick had a dog ring together...... :rofl:

brett561tc 08-03-2007 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by j3st3r

So whats the deal dude....you have a motor in your car from them, and all you seem to do now is bad mouth.....well it seems like Kenny in particular?

because after really thinking about it i realized something. all the times i called kenny over the 6 month period i was waiting for my kit, kenny flat out lied to me every single week. he must have told me that my kit would be shiping next week 15 times. and when i got home from getting my block, i had leaked out 2 quarts of oil, and the bell housing was conected to the block by only 3 bolts. so every chance i can get, i will try and spare the scion tuner from the bs of dealing with that place.

rhythmnsmoke 08-03-2007 09:05 PM

because after really thinking about it i realized something. all the times i called kenny over the 6 month period i was waiting for my kit, kenny flat out lied to me every single week. he must have told me that my kit would be shiping next week 15 times. and when i got home from getting my block, i had leaked out 2 quarts of oil, and the bell housing was conected to the block by only 3 bolts. so every chance i can get, i will try and spare the scion tuner from the bs of dealing with that place.

Did you sell the block and get another one from someone else?

brett561tc 08-03-2007 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
So, now people have gotten arrested. What's next the world is Flat again.

No body is arrested.

like i said this is just what i heard. something about has been arested, or has warrants.

j3st3r 08-03-2007 09:06 PM

I see......Wanted to get the story from you, did not want to speculate... :lalala: