Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

Former Corolla owner, new 2016 Scion tC owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 06:08 PM
SL Member

Default Former Corolla owner, new 2016 Scion tC owner

Hello all. I just got my new 2016 tC back in July. Before that, I was driving a bone stock 2011 Corolla. I am not a stranger to modding world though, as before that I drove 2001 Corolla that put down 297-300 WHP thanks to a turbo system that I designed and custom built. I used to run the website Vamp's Domain about a decade ago and was the person that wrote all those DIY guides online. Anyway, it feels great to be back in the tuner world with the purchase of my new car. I'm probably keeping this car NA as I am now a home owner and this is my only car, though who knows, a turbo may happen down the road.

Here's my current mod list. I have a Megan Racing 2.25" midpipe on order and plan to build a custom 2.25" s-pipe for it once I order a Dezod green header after my warranty expires.

Performance:
K&N 69-8616TS Typhoon air intake
Borla 11813 rear section exhaust
DC Sports CSB1408 strut bar
TRD quick shifter

Interior:
Scion Razo GT Advanced 340 gram shift ****
SRP racing pedals
Camera Source backup camera
LED lighting
Red under dash LED strips

Exterior:
Low/high tone Hella horns
Custom polyurethane front splitter
Custom polyurethane rear splitters
ABS RS lip spoiler
Kensun 9006 5000K HID Xenon conversion kit
Functioning 4th rear light
Scion mud guards
Scion fog lights with Lamin-x yellow tint
CURT 11375 Class 1 Trailer Hitch
7" AntennaX
LEDs except turn signals

Unfortunately, the hood is only a carbon fiber wrap. This was done because of rock chips because of too many dump trucks in my area. The wrap has already taken damage. I want to put a real carbon fiber on there again one day, but again, I'm worried about rock damage.

Only minor work under the hood.

I installed a front splitter to improve front downforce. The car has to stay stock height as it's my only car and the stock sport suspension is already too harsh for my girl.

I picked up an ABS plastic RS lip spoiler to redirect the air flow past the edge of the hatch.

I custom fit rear splitters that sit flush to the mudflaps, giving a nice OEM look and to help smooth out airflow past the mudguard.

I don't know why they didn't make the bottom light functional, but it lights up now.

Custom pedals I picked up from zetaproducts.net. I got them so I could play around with heel and toe downshifting, but unfortunately, the accelerator pedal wasn't large enough. Zeta Products was nice enough to work with me to improve their pedals, so if you have a 2014-2016 and want a full pedal set that allows heel and toe downshifting, they can make it now.

A picture of my former ride, a 1ZZ-FTE 2001 Toyota Corolla. I kept it looking faily low key. The exhaust looked stock and the intercooler was painted with black radior paint to hide it. Hopefully someone on here knows me from my car.

I took up two bays in parents house while I designed and built this turbo. I bored it out from 1.8L to 1.94L with other internal work done.

I miss this engine.

Last edited by vampyrex13; 10-08-2016 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:09 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome to the site vampyrex13, thanks for joining us!
Old 10-09-2016, 06:26 AM
SL Member

Thank you Jon. I've been lurking the forums in general while researching parts for my car. I figured I should finally get around to signing up and getting active on the car forums again, although being a home owner now takes up so much time.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:06 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Hello vampyrex13. Welcome to SL!

Nice Mods!