Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

New tC Owner

Old 09-07-2017, 12:40 AM

Default New tC Owner

Hello All,

I'm the new guy. Actually, I'm too old to be the new guy anywhere (except maybe a Model T forum) so I'm the NOS guy.

My foray into the swinging swirly world of Scion happened accidentally. Literally. I was stopped at a light in my ratty-looking-but-incredibly-well-maintained 1997 Camry when I was rear-ended by some guy in an Audi, who then did me the favor of pushing my car into the car in front. It was a good lick and hurt my back but I digress.

Anyway, it turns out he hit me with his new car. As in the car he failed to tell his insurance company about. It took 6 months of legal wrangling for his insurance company to decide they'd rather cover the 3-car accident than be sued for non-coverage so here we all are.

Since it took so long to settle, his insurance company was generous so I could afford to replace my 20-year-old car with a 10-year-old one. It's a white '07 tC with the black cloth interior and 5-speed manual trans. Mileage is in line with what one expects for a 10-year-old car, maybe a tad higher. I dinged the previous owner for a cracked windshield, a low dipstick, the original coolant, and a non-functioning e-brake. The car is very presentable, has never been hit, and my wife thinks it's cool so I'm good.

First things first. I adjusted the e-brake and changed the oil immediately. Then I monitored the oil consumption. I'm somewhere between 2,200 - 2,400 miles per quart, which is fine for the mileage. My water pump requires replacing sooner rather than later and I haven't found a good glass person near work but I'll get it done before winter.

As for me, I've built 17 engines (mostly Italian) and have wide-ranging experience in auto repair and maintenance. Hopefully I can add to the knowledge base as soon as I figure out how to post pics.

Ironically, there are no shop manuals available except the Scion versions. I've noticed they don't give those away. Would love to hear about an angle on repair info, other than some awful YouTube videos.

Thanks for reading this far,

Jerry

Last edited by MR_LUV; 09-07-2017 at 05:22 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-07-2017, 02:41 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome, JerryFromLA! Make sure to browse the forum for more info about your car and feel free to post any specific questions you have about your vehicle in the tech sections.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:29 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Hello JerryFromLA! Welcome to SL!

Looking forward to see you in:

Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge

Please Check out the informative Stickys above in the Header of this Forum HERE.

How to Post Pictures on Scion Life (SL)

MR_LUV
Super Moderator

Search this Thread