Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Maintenance & Car Care (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/maintenance-car-care-1604/)
-   -   Help with removing tC rotors (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/maintenance-car-care-1604/help-removing-tc-rotors-153695/)

hyperwhitetc 01-04-2009 10:55 PM

Help with removing tC rotors

Ive checked the tech section and read up on the how to DIY. well i removed the two 17" bolts and the tech sec shows thats all i need to remove the rotors but its not coming off. i know im missing something. please help

dwightS 01-04-2009 11:15 PM

You have to remove the caliper by removing the two bolts on the backside. Once the Caliper is removed you can pull of the rotor. The rotor is probably seized up though. Take a hammer and hit in between the lug bolts to jog loose. If you are still having problems use something like a screwdriver or a chisel to hit closer to the seam.

NYcarbonTC 03-31-2009 03:24 AM

yeh i did that you have to bang it a couple of times but as soon as its off its very simple to change which rotors did you go with

Dz315 06-04-2011 11:51 AM

I know this is an old thread but this worked so well I have to put it in here and I'll probably do a How-to for everyone.

To get the rotors off there are two screw holes that are not used. Go to the hardware store and get a Metric bolt, it's an M8-1.25" and get one around an inch and a half long or more.

All you do is screw them into those two holes and they will break your rotor loose from anything causing it to be seized up.

I beat on my rotor for an hour with no luck. I went to Lowe's to get those two bolts and the thing came off like nothing after a few ratchet turns. You will probably hear some cracking and popping but it will come loose quick.

tugatito12 06-07-2011 03:05 PM

Remove the 2 bolts in the top

tc-guy 06-07-2011 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dz315 (Post 3852259)
I know this is an old thread but this worked so well I have to put it in here and I'll probably do a How-to for everyone.

To get the rotors off there are two screw holes that are not used. Go to the hardware store and get a Metric bolt, it's an M8-1.25" and get one around an inch and a half long or more.

All you do is screw them into those two holes and they will break your rotor loose from anything causing it to be seized up.

I beat on my rotor for an hour with no luck. I went to Lowe's to get those two bolts and the thing came off like nothing after a few ratchet turns. You will probably hear some cracking and popping but it will come loose quick.

/\ this is the easiest way for sure.

GammaTNT 06-07-2011 08:04 PM

Thank you for the screw size, i been look for it.
I tried to hammer the rotors out, but they didn't budge.

SirloinPanda94 06-08-2015 06:36 PM

Duhh

Also, in case you don't do this often, if the emergency brake is on, it would be like pushing a door that says pull. Take the emergency brake off and it becomes much easier haha.