Go Back  Scionlife.com > General > Off-topic Cafe > Maintenance & Car Care
Reload this Page >

How many quarts of fluid is in a tC tranny?

Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

How many quarts of fluid is in a tC tranny?

Old 11-03-2008, 11:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Remember, MAKE SURE to check you buy the RIGHT FLUID!

The newer cars (07 and up?) take Toyota WS fluid, NOT Type IV. Check your manual and make sure your buy the right fluid, they are NOT compatible!
Old 11-21-2008, 11:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Invertalon
Remember, MAKE SURE to check you buy the RIGHT FLUID!

The newer cars (07 and up?) take Toyota WS fluid, NOT Type IV. Check your manual and make sure your buy the right fluid, they are NOT compatible!

I just looked at my manual then to the bottles of Type IV ATF. F**k! looks like I'm going back to the dealer today and see if I can trade. S**T!!! My buddy wants to do the flush today! lol Least I didn't found it out by the hard way.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you need to buy WS?

When i went to the dealer I thought all Toyota's took type IV (I didn't know of WS) and he claimed and tried to sell me WS. I questioned him and he showed me the computer showing me the details and such, so I went out to get my manual and low and behold he was correct. Good thing I just didn't go in there to buy four quarts of fluid and do it, they were good about asking what car I have and stuff so they can ensure proper accessories/parts. Good thing too!
Old 10-04-2014, 07:40 PM

Default Mine took 16 quarts

Originally Posted by XPRESSCION View Post
WTF!!!!

Only 4 quarts!! I knew it!!!

My dealer charged me freakin' $99.00s for freakin' 17 quarts; last December! Now I know I got ripped off ... Now I feel odd shifting and my friends are offering to do the flush for me. Cause they told me to do a flush before determine if I do have trans problem. So I went back to the dealer trying to buy the amount stated in the manual WITH the manual in my hand. Once again, they were trying to sell me 17 quarts! I remember saying "Well, the maunal states "this number?" I didn't buy any quarts cause I knew something was odd.

But damn, did I ever get screwed over...I should go back and put them on the spot. I'm so glad my buddies are showing me how to do simple things like flushes.

You know what I think is interesting?

The words on transmission fluid stick; "In normal driving conditions. No need to flush transmission fluid..."
Mine took 16 quarts don't think they were screwing u I watched the entire flush in my husbands friends shop it almost took the whole 17
Old 12-05-2014, 12:05 AM

Where can I buy redline MT90? My car manual requires it...also, might got a dumb question to ask but, where is the tranny dipstick located, lol? Took my car to a shop about a week ago to get checked out and they said my tranny fuild is dark red. So, got the thinking of draining/refilling the tranny too. Yep, shops are rip offs :D
Old 02-07-2019, 01:29 PM

Default 2013 automatic

First reply I’ve done and felt like doing it because nobody ever gives a straight answer on anything around here.

Anyways, I’ve got a 2013 automatic tC and for a full tranny capacity fill its 6.9 qt. (6.5 L, 5.7 Imp.qt.).

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-07-2019 at 04:13 PM.