Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Maintenance & Car Care (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/maintenance-car-care-1604/)
-   -   nxt wax, liquid vs. paste (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/maintenance-car-care-1604/nxt-wax-liquid-vs-paste-131983/)

Tcguy85 03-25-2008 01:17 AM

nxt wax, liquid vs. paste

anybody else used both? thoughts? comments?

i used the liquid last year, just bought the paste stuff today and used it. seemed to work well, does it last as long as the liquid? it seemed to make the paint seem as dark and shiny as the liquid, and really brought out the flake in the paint. but it's been months since i last waxed her, damn winter. i have the flint mica btw.

i'm just bored and figured i'd see if anybody else has used both and could compare. lol

BZinn1 03-25-2008 01:21 AM

I used the liquid last year and had nothing but trouble getting it to buff out good.......so I switched to the paste and had better luck with it.......this year I went to the Meguires 3 step and car came out looking new again.........till it rained and froze that night........dang Washington..... :tap:

moosey 03-25-2008 01:30 AM

Did you get the v2.0?

Sciond 03-25-2008 02:51 AM

I used the liquid last year and I was disappointed....seems like the old gold class was better

TurboWax 03-25-2008 08:03 PM

The biggest demand in the market place is for a cream or liquid wax. We have found the time line between paste, cream, and liquid, so long as you are dealing with a good product is very close to the same, as far as length of time between waxes.

In the past, there was a big demand for the paste wax, but with the performance and ease of use with the liquid and cream waxes, the demand has shifted dramatically.

Sciond 03-25-2008 08:42 PM

I remember the old paste days and of people driving around with it on the car......

mad-sciontist 03-26-2008 12:05 AM

paste will stay on your car better. liquid will rub off easier.

TurboWax 03-26-2008 12:18 AM

Do you care to elaborate more on that statement ?

Cuthbert 03-26-2008 12:25 AM

The formula should be the same for both, besides the ingredient which makes one thicker then the other. The only real difference it should make is to the user and their application preference/ease of application.

mad-sciontist 03-31-2008 01:30 AM

In my opinion, pastes will stay on longer due to the texture of the wax. I mean, its a liquid, how can it possibly bond to your car good? A paste will bond much much better to your clear coat. Just my opinion, nothing to prove it.

Bronzee 03-31-2008 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by mad-sciontist
In my opinion, pastes will stay on longer due to the texture of the wax. I mean, its a liquid, how can it possibly bond to your car good? A paste will bond much much better to your clear coat. Just my opinion, nothing to prove it.

I've never had problems with longevity of the Turbo Wax, Wax I use, liquid format. Being a liquid it also goes further too.