Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Maintenance & Car Care (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/maintenance-car-care-1604/)
-   -   Traction Control lights came on didn't go off?????? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/maintenance-car-care-1604/traction-control-lights-came-didnt-go-off-35620/)

turbochargedcobra2001 09-27-2005 06:01 PM

Traction Control lights came on didn't go off??????

Traction Control lights came on didn't go off??????It was raining heavy yesterday and that triggered the traction control however the lights did not turn off I pulled over after a few miles and turned the ignition off for a minute....and the traction control lights were still on wtf.........when I got home I disconected the battery for a few minutes and then reconected it...... that solved the problem why did this happen ? has anyone else experienced this situation?

Prototype_xB 09-27-2005 06:41 PM

did you try pressing the Trac control button on the console?

Max 09-27-2005 06:52 PM

Great, just great. Now I have Mountain Dew all over my screen and keyboard.

Button's to the left of the steering wheel. It says TRAC on it.

Moved to M&CC

dgHotLava 09-27-2005 07:26 PM

Re: Traction Control lights came on didn't go off??????

Originally Posted by turbochargedcobra2001
Traction Control lights came on didn't go off??????It was raining heavy yesterday and that triggered the traction control however the lights did not turn off I pulled over after a few miles and turned the ignition off for a minute....and the traction control lights were still on wtf.........when I got home I disconected the battery for a few minutes and then reconected it...... that solved the problem why did this happen ? has anyone else experienced this situation?

when you say turned the ignition off....was the key still in?
if you took the key out it resets the system. every time you do this it resets the system.
this is done to prevent someone from turning off the trac and forgetting to turn it back on the next time they drive the car.

turbochargedcobra2001 09-27-2005 09:04 PM

i hit the traction control switch however the light was not turning off....I turned ignition off with key in and then re started car lights were still on then I also tried it with keys taken out of ignition then I put them back in still lights did not turn off...............finally disconected battery ............and........ I'm happy the traction control lights shut off ......

akxb 09-28-2005 06:01 AM

This happened to me too once! About a week after having my xB I started it up one day and it had a rough start and the check engine light along with the vsc and trac off light stayed on. I turned the car on and off several times and also drove around for 20 or so minutes and they were still on. Then I pulled over and shut down for a minute. Started her back up and everything was fine. I have a friend with a Toyota solara who says his trac off light comes on once in awhile and goes off and nothing was ever wrong. IDK ???