Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Maintenance & Car Care (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/maintenance-car-care-1604/)
-   -   Where is tranny drain plug? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/maintenance-car-care-1604/where-tranny-drain-plug-46/)

ghasper 08-23-2003 08:49 PM

Where is tranny drain plug?

Hey guys, I was trying to change the manual transmission fluid to synthetic today after i did the oil change but I couldn't recognize the screw/nut that holds the fluid..

Can someone take a picture of the bottom of their car and show me what I need to remove to change the tranny fluid?? Or at least describe it to me so I can distinguish it from the other 10 screws down there. PLeeeeease help~!!

thanks,
Jasper

Defrew 10-15-2003 07:20 AM

well, first u want to do this, then that

mrbadass03 10-15-2003 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Defrew
well, first u want to do this, then that

uhh nice summary.i bet that will help him!
sorry i dont know either :roll:
my g/f has an auto, and i dont wanna give you wrong info.

l. garcia 8)

randode 10-15-2003 03:35 PM

Re: Where?

Originally Posted by ghasper
Hey guys, I was trying to change the manual transmission fluid to synthetic today after i did the oil change but I couldn't recognize the screw/nut that holds the fluid..

Can someone take a picture of the bottom of their car and show me what I need to remove to change the tranny fluid?? Or at least describe it to me so I can distinguish it from the other 10 screws down there. PLeeeeease help~!!

thanks,
Jasper

You may be voiding your warrantee if you change the fluid type. You might want to check with the dealer.

djct_watt 02-06-2006 05:17 AM

I'm gonna bring this thread back from the dead. . .

I've changed tranny fluid on an auto, never on a MT. Is it pretty much the same process? Where do I fill the new tranny fluid? Any help? Anyone?

djct_watt 02-06-2006 05:21 AM

Nevermind . . . I found the answer

XD40tC 02-07-2006 12:59 AM

Where did you find the answer? Im looking to do this. Did you switch to synthetic ATF or the same stuff? THanks!!!

Silencei2 02-07-2006 01:50 AM

If you have a manual transmission the drain plug will be at the lowest point of the transmission. On the xB it is facing the driver side and is a 20mm? socket. Its pretty big and hard to miss and looks a little out of place. The fill plug is facing the front of the car and is about 3-4 inches from the lowest point of the transmission. If your'e looking at the drain plug, follow the transmission to the front of the car about 3-4 inches, and then make a 90 degree turn counter-clockwise (looking from the ground up) and go about 1-2 inches and it should be directly above that point about 3-4 inches.

tat2dude25 02-22-2006 12:18 AM

Yeah that sounds right to me. Drain plug is always the lowest/ fill is usually the highest. I used to work at an oil change shop doing this. Definitely check to see if it takes 80/90 weight gear oil or ATF first. Glad to see our trannys arent sealed. One auto maker I think Saturn if I remember right you cannot change the fluid on them.