Notices
Miami Event Discussion Lets talk about the Miami trip!

anyone from the sf bay area going?

Old 11-12-2006, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member

Scikotics

Default anyone from the sf bay area going?

so, i'm totally new to the forum and don't know anyone who's going. i'm from the san francisco bay area... just was wonderin cuz i don't wanna feel alone
Old 11-13-2006, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: anyone from the sf bay area going?

Hey, not from the Bay anymore, but used to be. The hubby and I now reside in crappy Las Vegas. What part of the Bay are you in?

Originally Posted by mestizabunny
so, i'm totally new to the forum and don't know anyone who's going. i'm from the san francisco bay area... just was wonderin cuz i don't wanna feel alone
Old 11-13-2006, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

There's quite a few of us going. EvilDave, Stylis, MetalBox, Scion_MILF, me, and weksos come to mind offhand. I think there are a few others. We should all try to get together at one of our weekly meets
Old 11-13-2006, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Grew up in the DC area. (Daly City, not Washington for y'all that don't know) Hell, I bet we know some of the same people with how everyone is related over there. Don't be a stranger, Scion folks are coo.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:34 PM

What up man, I am coming from San Jose and we are hoping that we all leave from SFO, its the only place that has NON stop flights from the bay. OAK and SJC all have one stop flights and its like 9 Hours to get to miami.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member

Scikotics

Default Re: anyone from the sf bay area going?

I sleep in daly city, but i LIVE in san francisco, if that makes any sense...

yeah, just wanted to get to know folks before goin. just cuz it's gonna be such a big party, ya know? never been outside cali, really... especially not without my fam or close friends. just wanna make some new friends before the trip so yeah, it would be nice to meet up
Old 11-13-2006, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I'm in San Jose, and I assumed I'd be flying out of SJC since they asked what the closest major airport is when we had to register. So whoever else is flying out of SJC, I guess we'll all get to have some long talks on the plane ride over.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:29 AM
5 Year Member

Im new also. I'm from San Jo and Im kinda feeling uneasy about going by myself, so your not the only one feeling this way!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by HRT2BCRZE
Im new also. I'm from San Jo and Im kinda feeling uneasy about going by myself, so your not the only one feeling this way!!!
I'm down for meeting any other south bay winners before the trip, so the flight over won't feel so long, and just to meet other scion owners anyway!
Old 11-14-2006, 04:47 AM
5 Year Member

cool
I went to a meet this weekend to meet other winners and didnt feel too welcomed. I pretty much have a factory xb and I didnt feel like I fit in with the crowd.
Dont get me wrong I LOVE MY RIDE but just didnt feel like anyone wanted to give the time of day.
And I sure dont want to go across the US and get the same treatment.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:58 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

cool
I went to a meet this weekend to meet other winners and didnt feel too welcomed. I pretty much have a factory xb and I didnt feel like I fit in with the crowd.
Dont get me wrong I LOVE MY RIDE but just didnt feel like anyone wanted to give the time of day.
Whaaa... that aint no factory box I see on your profile. That box is pretty freakin clean.

Don't you worry... things will be different in Miami ...we all know Nor Cal folks are a whole different breed from the rest of the world
Old 11-14-2006, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by SSM_tC
cool
Whaaa... that aint no factory box I see on your profile. That box is pretty freakin clean.

Don't you worry... things will be different in Miami ...we all know Nor Cal folks are a whole different breed from the rest of the world
I can vouch for that! :D Also HRT2BCRZE, were you at the dublin event? I was there and didn't see you. If you want, maybe we can have a Miami winners night so we can all see who is going. Maybe sometime this saturday. Anyone?

Old 11-14-2006, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I'm up for meeting with other Miami winners this Saturday...if it can be in the evening. I work til at least 6pm on weekends.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member

Scikotics

cool

yeah... well that's the thing. i don't have ANY mods on my ride. it's all totally stock...

i've been places where i felt like that too, like i didn't matter cuz my ride ain't as sicc as everyone else's, and i would not wanna go all the way to the other coast to get treated like that. so... i just wanna meet some cool folks that actually wanna be cool
Old 11-14-2006, 06:28 PM

Don't even trip about it. We are all scion owners. :D

Old 11-14-2006, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Please don't judge us all by one meet. Different meets have differnet dynamics. When I have my car on display, I don't relax and mingle as much. Also depends on the show. Plus it is hard to know who is who, like whether someone new is from SL or maybe they are just passing by. Dinner gettogether meets are usually much different, the cars aren't the focus, although we talk about them some, depending on what new things are happening or how cold it is outside.

Practically all of us were stock at one point, some of us still are. I've been on here since 2004 and there's still some people whose names I don't know. I'm not good at approaching someone I don't know but I try to put myself out to welcome people at these events and IMO, most others do too. We just need to know you want to be involved.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member

Scikotics

so what's up y'all? dinner get together sounds nice... DnB's, maybe? what about the upcoming scion sessions? anyone planning on hittin those up?
Old 11-15-2006, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I think if you're going up to a stranger at a meet and try to ask them a question about their car, and they won't give you the time of day, then that would be kinda messed up. But I don't expect anyone to come up to me, as an onlooker and give me a tour around. I think you just have to get your foot in the door.

Oh, and DnB;s sounds good to me. Even if it's on a weekend and it'll be packed, but whatever. "meet at the race car games?" lol
Old 11-15-2006, 06:36 AM
5 Year Member

MY APPOLOGIES TO ANYONE I AFFENDED RE THE MEET THIS WEEKEND!!
I got there early and I did talk to a couple HELLA COOL people. I just felt like the new kid in school and ??????? What can I say.......... ....... Im RETARDED!
Im not sure what I expected ????? (THE RED CARPET I GUESS!) and after reading all the responses I really feel terrible!
Old 11-15-2006, 06:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I don't think you offended anyone. I think you just don't need to worry so much. I think everyone's cool with you, I know I am.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone from the sf bay area going?