Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Miami Event Discussion (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/miami-event-discussion-1785/)
-   -   Bring a license plate for me from your state! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/miami-event-discussion-1785/bring-license-plate-me-your-state-82394/)

scionlife 11-28-2006 08:43 PM

Bring a license plate for me from your state!

Hey guys, look in my signature and you will see a list of the states I still need to complete my license plate collection. If you are going to Miami and you can bring me a plate then PLEASE do! It would be awesome. Thanks!

TcQT 11-29-2006 01:36 AM

License plate

OK, I will bring you my DE plate Darren, but can I have it back when I leave Miami? LOL :rofl:
Seriously, how do you get a license plate? Are you collecting them and what do I get if I find one? LOL

scionlife 11-29-2006 01:52 AM

I am trying to get all 50 states on the wall in my garage. People that have owned several cars, etc, usually have extra plates laying around. Anyone that brings a plate will get a free set of SL stickers -- any color or style.

TcQT 11-29-2006 02:06 AM

OK, I will see what I can do from Delaware!!! :)

Tomas 11-29-2006 02:33 AM

One of these days, on one of my trips to Montana, I hope to remember to pick up an Idaho and a Montana plate for you as I pass through. I've made three trips over there since seeing you needed those plates and forgot each time. *sigh*

Tomas

scionlife 11-29-2006 03:08 AM

Its all good. I don't expect any heroics for my garage art project. LOL

amanda776 11-29-2006 03:19 AM

I'm going to see if can get a SC plate from my mother.

ohcanada_00 11-29-2006 04:38 AM

i just wrote a note, put it in my suit case so i see it when I go to pack to bring my Rhode Island plate for you.

11-29-2006 04:42 AM

Dang darren is going to make people steal plates from the mall!! :D :D

scionlife 11-29-2006 04:58 AM

Sweet guys, thanks! No stolen plates please. :)

HRT2BCRZE 11-29-2006 06:08 AM

Are you sure ya dont need any other calif plates I could bring ya lots!
I do DMV work and get them all the time. Come to think of it I get out of states too!!!! I'll look for ya to see what I have.
Would love to get rid of some.

scionlife 11-29-2006 06:49 AM

Nah. Thanks though. Throw them on eBay. I think you could get a few bucks each for them.

scionlarry 11-29-2006 09:50 AM

Worst part about maryland, is when you terminate insurance the DMV wants their tags back. or they fine you each day you keep them..

gookgeek 11-29-2006 04:01 PM

I would love to TRY to bring you one from AL... BUT!

I think I'm going to have a hard time letting the airline know why I have such a large tube of toothpaste. Telling them why I need to bring a license plate on the plane will be >>MUCH<< more difficult.

Lil_Deuce_tCoupe 11-29-2006 04:55 PM

Damn Darren, I had already thought of this, and was going to surprise you. Now that you posted it up, my gift has no meaning! :cry:
I'm in Mass, and noticed you need almost all the New England states - I'll see what I can do, but no promises - especially if I'm only bringing a carry-on. BTW, do you want only car plates, or do motorcycle plates count?

scionlife 11-29-2006 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by ____geek
I think I'm going to have a hard time letting the airline know why I have such a large tube of toothpaste. Telling them why I need to bring a license plate on the plane will be >>MUCH<< more difficult.

They don't care about license plates at all. It isn't a weapon, like toothpaste! :no: Remember, I have to carry them BACK on the airplane anyway!

Originally Posted by Lil_Deuce_tCoupe
Damn Darren, I had already thought of this, and was going to surprise you. Now that you posted it up, my gift has no meaning! :cry:
I'm in Mass, and noticed you need almost all the New England states - I'll see what I can do, but no promises - especially if I'm only bringing a carry-on. BTW, do you want only car plates, or do motorcycle plates count?

Awwww, thats sweet. I will still act surprised. I promise! OK, well it depends how much I have had to drink. Car plates only, please.

Lil_Deuce_tCoupe 11-29-2006 05:12 PM

And don't try to confuse the TSA agents with your deadly toothpaste or moisterizers, they have no sense of humor. I flew to Chicago two weeks ago - the guy I was with had a tube of hair gel. They took it out, said he couldn't take it because it was a 6 ounce container - he fought back, because it was half empty, therefore was only 3 ounces. He lost.

gookgeek 11-29-2006 05:50 PM

I'll tell the airline I'm OCD... and like to brush my teeth 14 times a day, so a 12oz toothpaste tube is perfect for a 3-day trip.

(My math may be off.)

FrankenScion 11-29-2006 10:10 PM

I'll see if I can find one.

amanda776 11-30-2006 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by amanda776
I'm going to see if can get a SC plate from my mother.

SC is no good. They have the same law as MD. Sorry!