Notices
Miami Event Discussion Lets talk about the Miami trip!

I was reading the fine print ......

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default I was reading the fine print ......

[b]just a heads up the hotel requires you to have a credit card for a $300 dollar deposit for each room. they wont run it just verify the funds are there.
I called them to check and if you dont have a CC they will take cash but you wont get the cash back for like 4 weeks.

from the S/L FAQs page:

Do I have to pay anything?
You will have to pay for your transportation to the hotel from the airport. In your hotel room there will be $80 cash reimbursement for the transport costs to and from the airport. If your transport costs are MORE than $80 then save your receipts and Scion will reimburse you the difference.

Scion is paying for your flight and hotel, plus the taxes. When you check in to your hotel you will be required to present a credit card or visa/mc debit card to cover incedentals such as room service, long distance calls, damage, in-room services, etc. You MUST have $300 available on your card at time of check-in, but you will not be charged a single penny as long as you don't use any of these services or damage your room. Borrow or beg, but without that card you can't get into your room.

just a heads up
Old 12-12-2006, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

just to make sure, they will NOT run it ?
Old 12-12-2006, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

they'll make sure $300 is availible but wont lock it.. thats how i read it
Old 12-12-2006, 08:25 PM

They do that with a lot of hotels. In vegas they do that to me all the time. They just want to make sure that you have the dough to cover the payment of the clean up if you decide to trash the room.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:31 PM

aww heck, screw it Trash it like a rock star!!!

Old 12-12-2006, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well cripes - I made room on a CC and read in another thread they authorize (aka put a hold on the funds) but will release it immediately when you check out (thinking more when they know the room is ok.

I've made $300 worth of room on a CC just in case, it'd suck to get there and have trouble.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

thats beat. I am grateful about the trip but if Im there on Scions dime, I think they should have taken care of that.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BrianxB
thats beat. I am grateful about the trip but if Im there on Scions dime, I think they should have taken care of that.
You are getting a free trip - almost any contest isn't giving away the fact that if you drink the mini-bar, steal towels, or trash the room - they'll pay for it.

Don't start getting greedy now.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by 06B0X
Well cripes - I made room on a CC and read in another thread they authorize (aka put a hold on the funds) but will release it immediately when you check out (thinking more when they know the room is ok.

I've made $300 worth of room on a CC just in case, it'd suck to get there and have trouble.
thats probably what they will do then.

Gabe i found that pix of your last hotel room stay

Old 12-12-2006, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BrianxB
You are getting a free trip - almost any contest isn't giving away the fact that if you drink the mini-bar, steal towels, or trash the room - they'll pay for it.

Don't start getting greedy now.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:41 PM

I like raiding the mini bar, although would you really want Scion to pay for it. I mean they would look at you wierd the next day knowing you bought the nudy channel that night. :D

Old 12-12-2006, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have worked at a few hotel in the past and the way it works is they authorize (aka put a hold on the funds) when you check in. This is to cover phone charges and charges/damage to the room. Then when you check out, they will release that hold (minus what you charge). When you use a debit card it takes 7-10 days for that hold to release. It all depends on your bank. It's not the hotel. They release the money right away, but it takes the bank a few days to process it. With cash, they won't give you the cash back when you check out, because they deposit it the night you check in. They will most likely send you a check in the mail later in the week. Most hotels don't keep that much cash on hand due to theft.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Stylis
I like raiding the mini bar, although would you really want Scion to pay for it. I mean they would look at you wierd the next day knowing you bought the nudy channel that night. :D
Don't worry, we are going to be raiding Ned's mini bar.... we have gotten approval already.. LOL
Old 12-12-2006, 09:07 PM

nice pic, Scion_MILF Gotta love that party. :D

Old 12-12-2006, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Good thing I read this....
Old 12-12-2006, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ElChupacabra
If this is the first you heard of this, make sure to read the FAQ thread here:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=145316

It contains this info and much more!
Old 12-12-2006, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

So we can use a debit card for this, not just a CC, right?
Old 12-12-2006, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by Jenna
Never mind... duh.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Jenna
Yeah but I read that if you use a debit card, they'll hold your money for 3-4 days after you check out. (Which this is a pretty crappy time of year to be short $300 in your bank account.)
Old 12-12-2006, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
If this is the first you heard of this, make sure to read the FAQ thread here:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=145316

It contains this info and much more!
I am totally blown away by the people that haven't read the FAQ's thread, everyday people are starting new posts about basic information that they were too lazy to read. Just today someone started a new thread to ask what the times are for the events on friday. this is probably the hundreth time that I have seen a page long definition of somthing that is in the FAQ's.

From the FAQ's thread
Originally Posted by Darren
"Scion is paying for your flight and hotel, plus the taxes. When you check in to your hotel you will be required to present a credit card or visa/mc debit card to cover incedentals such as room service, long distance calls, damage, in-room services, etc. You MUST have $300 available on your card at time of check-in, but you will not be charged a single penny as long as you don't use any of these services or damage your room. Borrow or beg, but without that card you can't get into your room. "
I don't mean to offend anyone and I have not said anything about this until now but people we are leaving in two days and we all need to do our part and read the information that the people of scion and scionlife are working so hard to give us. It has got to be hard for them to organize this event with over 300 people and we only make it harder if they have to tell us all ten times.

Quick Reply: I was reading the fine print ......