Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Miami Event Discussion (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/miami-event-discussion-1785/)
-   -   Thursday Night: Abbey Brewery (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/miami-event-discussion-1785/thursday-night-abbey-brewery-78823/)

TheScionicMan 10-25-2006 09:23 PM

Thursday Night: Abbey Brewery

Anyone want to make a trek to Abbey Brewery with me? Only 8 blocks from the hotel. I love going to breweries. I went to the Waimea Brewery while in Hawaii, which is the Westernmost brewery in the US. This is a good marker for the East coast and then I can work on filling in the rest of the middle!!!

http://www.pubcrawler.com/Template/R.../BrewerID=2628

Mmmmm, Beer...

The Abbey boasts one of the best beer selections in Miami. And it should. With 13 beers on tap and countless others available in bottles, this is the place to be when you want a fine brew. Check out some of the Abbey's own: go for the India Pale Ale, Oatmeal Stout or 12 Degree. Looking for an import? Try one of the oldest, and one of the best, beers on the market -- Czech Republic's Pilsner Urquell. Or try Canada's La Fin du Monde. If beer's not your thing, you could very well be in the wrong place, were it not for the Abbey's selection of wines and ports. But if it's the hard stuff you seek, head elsewhere.

Food is a big deal at the Abbey, and it's served from open to close -- a major feat considering this place stays open seven days a week until 5 a.m. Any time after 1 p.m., order your fill of classic, and some not-so-classic bar fare. Don't pass up the homemade empanadas. Check out the chicken tenders, egg rolls and soft pretzels. In the mood for something a bit more substantial? Then order a White cheeseburger.

There's no dancing at the Abbey -- the place is just too small. And don't look for live music here either. Perhaps on the modest side, the Abbey's entertainment comes from its ever- playing, ever-rotating DMX system. But the music is pretty low-key; the Abbey tends to stick to the Blues.
Map from Hotel to Abbey Brewery

Max 10-25-2006 11:29 PM

Interested.

Professor_Murder 10-26-2006 01:50 AM

I'm very down for a brewery hangout.

ElChupacabra 10-28-2006 12:20 AM

Brewery might be my choice. Im also a big brewery/beer nut. I love beer!!!!

mandos 10-28-2006 12:43 AM

I like beer.

It is good.

CapeCodBlitzBlue 10-28-2006 02:34 AM

I'm there!! We can make an adventure out of it!!

woffledong 10-28-2006 10:47 AM

sure, lets get some females in on it and were good. were any chosen, i havent looked yet.

mandos 10-28-2006 04:09 PM

Yeah, there's some chosen women. I saw a few.

ElChupacabra 10-28-2006 04:38 PM

girls are cool...

gookgeek 10-29-2006 05:12 AM

Definitely interested! I was trying my best (awkwardly) to avoid the club scene. A brewery is perfect!

Where's all the 21+ F's at?!?! Guess we'll pick some up in MIA. :lol:

XoBxPleasuresoX 10-29-2006 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by ____geek
Definitely interested! I was trying my best (awkwardly) to avoid the club scene. A brewery is perfect!

Where's all the 21+ F's at?!?! Guess we'll pick some up in MIA. :lol:

lol they're on here....although most of 'em are probably in the clubbing thread ;)

BrianxB 10-29-2006 01:30 PM

beer is good.

gookgeek 10-29-2006 05:13 PM

Everybody's talking about Thursday night... but what is everyone doing on Friday morning/afternoon besides recovering from hangovers...?

XoBxPleasuresoX 10-29-2006 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by ____geek
Everybody's talking about Thursday night... but what is everyone doing on Friday morning/afternoon besides recovering from hangovers...?

getting ready for Friday night ;)

Ummmmm I don't think anyone's thought that far ahead yet....

mandos 10-29-2006 08:31 PM

I'll probably end up talking speakers.

To a lot of people.

TheScionicMan 10-30-2006 12:03 AM

I'll just plan that as it goes. With the time change and thursday night and getting ready for Friday night, I don't expect much free time that isn't spent at the pool or the beach if I make it out of the room at all.

BrianxB 11-02-2006 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by mandos

To a lot of people.

Ive installed for about 9 years. We can talk shop. Im sure the females will flock to us in huge numbers.

ahurdl01 11-03-2006 06:12 AM

I like the idea of a brewery, if for no other reason than it is my scene... ie, i like burgers and beer and not paying a lot for either. I am down.

mandos 11-03-2006 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by BrianxB

To a lot of people.

Ive installed for about 9 years. We can talk shop. Im sure the females will flock to us in huge numbers.

Start discussing xmax and rms power, I don't know how they could resist :)

PAxAgirl 11-03-2006 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by BrianxB

To a lot of people.

Start discussing xmax and rms power, I don't know how they could resist :)

wow, i'm intrigued already! :P :rofl: