Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Miami Event Discussion (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/miami-event-discussion-1785/)
-   -   Who else was afraid they wouldn't get the deposit back? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/miami-event-discussion-1785/who-else-afraid-they-wouldnt-get-deposit-back-84626/)

mandos 12-19-2006 09:36 PM

Who else was afraid they wouldn't get the deposit back?

I was.

I kinda flooded my room.

Saturday morning I woke up at the crack of 10, and started the shower. It was still pointing up a bit since I'm a tall guy and was hitting my pants...which were covered in the ocean, and hanging on the back wall.

After the shower started, I wanted to watch some TV and sat there for about 15~20 minutes.

Got up to get in the shower and found a nice 1/2" of water on EVERYTHING that was tile. I was afraid it had seeped out into the hallway, but they apparently thought about morons like me when making it and have about a 3/4" lip between the tile and the carpet on the outside.

At this point I'm thinking OH CRAP, I need to get all of this off the floor and figure out where it went. Start grabbing towels and throwing them down. Ok...that worked well, until I realized there was water in the closet to.

Guess what, not only were the bath robes fashionable, they're also very absorbant, threw one down in the closet and sopped up the mess. Finished my shower(which, by the way, was somewhat clogged and would fill the tub with water as I was showering) and just threw all the sopping towels/robe into the tub full of water...'cuz I didn't want them to drip anywhere else.

That and I left the ironing board set up upside down in the middle of the room because I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. Yeah, the guy who takes apart Scions was bested by an ironing board...how sad.

So yeah, anyone else afraid they weren't getting the $$$ back? I know I did...because it's back already :)

SquallLHeart 12-19-2006 09:38 PM

AHAHAHA :rofl:

you're such a dork.... :rofl: that's a nice story.

pwned by an ironing board.. :doh:

mandos 12-19-2006 09:39 PM

You sir, are a very fast reader...you replied quicker than I typed that out :)

SquallLHeart 12-19-2006 09:43 PM

well.. you know me... browsing around the forums with crazy amount of tabs/windows open :D

scandalous 12-19-2006 09:49 PM

LOL - the robes were so cozy. I dont think I wore anything else while I was in my room. LoL

elecTriC 12-19-2006 09:51 PM

haha, i was literally LOL'ing myself in my office and one of my residents came by and asked me what was so funny.

stick_1NZ 12-19-2006 09:52 PM

You should be getting you deposit back regardless. The leak wasn't caused by you....I hope. Did you leave your card number at the front desk??? The only time they will charge you is when you physically damage the room...i.e. hole on the wall, damaged furniture, taken anything from the room at check out or stained the sheets.

If they do charge you, you may do a charge dispute with your credit card company and 95% of the time you will get reimbursed. Good luck....:pray:

mandos 12-19-2006 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by stick_1NZ
You should be getting you deposit back regardless. The leak wasn't caused by you....I hope. Did you leave your card number at the front desk??? The only time they will charge you is when you physically damage the room...i.e. hole on the wall, damaged furniture, taken anything from the room at check out or stained the sheets.

If they do charge you, you may do a charge dispute with your credit card company and 95% of the time you will get reimbursed. Good luck....:pray:

Sorry if I didn't clarify that part.

The water flodded out because the shower head was hitting my pants.

And the water was spraying off them, out the side of the shower curtain, onto the floor :)

And yeah, I got everything back on the card, checekd this morning :)

stick_1NZ 12-19-2006 09:59 PM

Glad you got your $$$ back.

grizzly_choppers 12-19-2006 10:02 PM

Yeah, you're really domestic buddy. Good thing you found Kelly.

Everybody else got drunk and broke something out and about in Miami. Chris is sober in his room and gets his ACE kicked by an ironing board. Yeah.

-Alex

06B0X 12-19-2006 10:06 PM

I got my money back except one days internet and parking @ $30/day. Ack!

Oh well, I enjoyed the drive to and from the hotel.

stick_1NZ 12-19-2006 10:11 PM

I actually drank a couple bottles of wine from my mini bar and I told the person at the desk when I was checking out but he said, "just consider it as your christmas present for staying with us". I was like....yeah....I should've drank more. :rofl: :rofl:

CBSIMONSEZ 12-19-2006 11:38 PM

^^^^^ NICE

Jennay got her a$$ handed to her too by the ironing board. I thought anyone could figure that one out, guess not. LOL

jwaj2002 12-20-2006 12:04 AM

I guess they charged me for your room, I still don't have my deposit back

robbiej 12-20-2006 12:52 AM

Took me about 15 mins. to figure out the ironing board, but did get it put back up, lol.

stick_1NZ 12-20-2006 01:05 AM

I'm afraid that the hotel will charge me for the 2 matresses and a couple of chairs I've thrown out of the balcony. :pray: That's what happened if you've had 15 mojitos and 5 shots of patron. :rofl:

jennay 12-20-2006 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ
^^^^^ NICE

Jennay got her a$$ handed to her too by the ironing board. I thought anyone could figure that one out, guess not. LOL

hey!!! i was hhhhammmered so what did you expect? :rofl:

falcon9094 12-20-2006 01:24 AM

munch couldnt figure out how to close th ironing board it was funny as hell

jennay 12-20-2006 01:30 AM

see!!!! i wasnt the only one!!!! :P

06B0X 12-20-2006 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by jennay
see!!!! i wasnt the only one!!!! :P

Thats why I had my girlfriend iron everything and I put it right into the rental car. :P