Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

2nd Job Interview tomorrow, ideas on what to expect and ask?

Old 02-24-2012, 12:20 AM
SL Member

Default 2nd Job Interview tomorrow, ideas on what to expect and ask?

So I've been out of work for about a month or so now, and any job website and craigslist ad you can think of, I have pretty much applied for. There are certainly alot of scams out there, and I have snooped around and weeded those out thankfully.

This one however, I can't quite grasp what I will be doing, and could use some advice.

Here is the job ad off of Career Builder
http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeek...B6X1P1ZNY7991B

They called me last night actually (I dont remember applying for this particular job), stating that it was a entry level sales and marketing position.

I went in for my initial interview today, and discussed a little about the job description, basically it sounds like I will be doing face to face client sales for Century Link, along with small businesses and such. The actual building I was interviewed at seemed EXTREMELY low-key, a very small office, with a front desk attendant, and one other employee there at the time, who I interviewed with. There was absolutely nothing posted on the walls of the job, or anything about the company its self, which made me raise another eyebrow.

As far as my previous job experience, its been 100% Sales, Retail, Customer Service, and Cashiering, all at retail and hobby stores....so this is a little over my head and out of my league.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:07 PM

Do you feel stressed before interviews? To be honest, it’s so tiring that even after successful interviews I still can’t come to my senses for a long time.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:38 PM

Many people experience stress before, during and after interviews. I'd probably recommend that you discuss this issue with a psychologist if you are in therapy. At some point it helped me cope with this anxiety. By the way, I found my last job here https://layboard.in/vacancies/jobs-i...ciality/driver , there are a lot of vacancies on Layboard, as well as a convenient search filter. Even if you have no work experience or are looking for a part-time job, there are options here.
Old 03-15-2024, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn bots dredging up 12-yr old posts. Should BAN them all!