Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...
View Poll Results: Should abortions be legal???
Yes!!
68.24%
No!!
31.76%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Abortion (debate)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCTaco
WOW.....I didnt know that firing off some knuckle children was considered abortion to some?
Its not. conception only begins when the sperm enters the egg. Those people who think masturbation is the same as killing children are INSANE.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, seeing sperm swimming around under a microscope look pretty lively to me, but for the rest of your bible readers, the bible does call ************ a sin.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I must be just too tired.........but this thread is getting more confusing by the minute.....and I thought every possibility was exhausted already..........interesting. Bet it makes it to 20 pages by tomorrow
Old 03-07-2007, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the fact this thread is going as far as it is!

Jessica...wanna have another e-beer and have a discussion about this thread?

*Edit

and oh....20 pages? That's easy...this thread was 7 pages when I woke up today.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Tito_Cruz
I like the fact this thread is going as far as it is!

Jessica...wanna have another e-beer and have a discussion about this thread?

*Edit

and oh....20 pages? That's easy...this thread was 7 pages when I woke up today.
I'd love an E-beer (salud)
Old 03-08-2007, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
but for the rest of your bible readers, the bible does call ************ a sin.
ok I am back for one line...

What verse??

It doesnt say that anywhere in my Bible...

Oh and this thread has gone even more to crap since I was last on it.. I see a lock coming up if you guys can't get it back on topic...

JOE
Old 03-08-2007, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by guitarguru44

What verse??

JOE
I can't remember exactly where, but it talks about a guy pulling out and spilling his seed on the floor. It then says that it would've been better if it had been in the belly of a ***** than on the ground. If I remember right God struck him down.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by midgethearsexb

What verse??

JOE
I can't remember exactly where, but it talks about a guy pulling out and spilling his seed on the floor. It then says that it would've been better if it had been in the belly of a ***** than on the ground. If I remember right God struck him down.
thanks, i would have said that earlier, but i was doing some homework. i also don't have a bible with me but i pulled this off the web

1 Peter 2:11
11 Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers to abstain from fleshly lusts which wage war against the soul.

James 1:14-15
14 But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. 15 Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What verse??

JOE
thanks, i would have said that earlier, but i was doing some homework. i also don't have a bible with me but i pulled this off the web

11 Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers to abstain from fleshly lusts which wage war against the soul.

14 But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. 15 Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.

Those don't say anything about masturbation. Trust me it's not mentioned anywhere in the Bible. And it is much different from lust. Lust in these passages are references to sexually wanting a woman, not masturbation. Also masturbation is not a sin in the Roman Catholic Church. As long as you do it without thinking about being with a woman (lust) then it is alright.

I don't care to start fights but with so many so called Catholics and whatever the things some people make up are rediculous. While I do agree with some people about how religion may cause problems, I also disagree with a lot that has been posted on here. Sure I do things that are against my religion, but I don't try to make excuses and say things like "well that is old fashioned" to make myself feel better for my actions. Do I think my Church is wrong for teaching no sex until marriage? No, I believe that is what it should be, but what I follow and what the Church teaches are two different things. I believe saying something like I am a Catholic except for premarital sex, death penalty, and abortion is beyond hypocritical. You either are Catholic or you are following your own religion. Sometimes we have to accept the fact that we are sinners.

Again, I am not saying any religion or belief is right or wrong and I am not trying to label anyone as anything, but you either follow the Churches teachings or you don't.

But back to not posting on this thread any more, lol... If you can find a Bible passage then feel free to quote it. I am not one of these people who follows every word for literal meaning or whatever, but please do not pretend you know what you are talking about without some research first...
Old 03-08-2007, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i didn't vote for bush, i don't support the war in iraq, and i drive a car bult in japan. does that mean i'm not american?

i have lots of jewish friends who eat pork and shell fish, are the no longer jewish?

i think i proved yet another point.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

What verse??

JOE

Those don't say anything about masturbation. Trust me it's not mentioned anywhere in the Bible. And it is much different from lust. Lust in these passages are references to sexually wanting a woman, not masturbation. Also masturbation is not a sin in the Roman Catholic Church. As long as you do it without thinking about being with a woman (lust) then it is alright.

I don't care to start fights but with so many so called Catholics and whatever the things some people make up are rediculous. While I do agree with some people about how religion may cause problems, I also disagree with a lot that has been posted on here. Sure I do things that are against my religion, but I don't try to make excuses and say things like "well that is old fashioned" to make myself feel better for my actions. Do I think my Church is wrong for teaching no sex until marriage? No, I believe that is what it should be, but what I follow and what the Church teaches are two different things. I believe saying something like I am a Catholic except for premarital sex, death penalty, and abortion is beyond hypocritical. You either are Catholic or you are following your own religion. Sometimes we have to accept the fact that we are sinners.

Again, I am not saying any religion or belief is right or wrong and I am not trying to label anyone as anything, but you either follow the Churches teachings or you don't.

But back to not posting on this thread any more, lol... If you can find a Bible passage then feel free to quote it. I am not one of these people who follows every word for literal meaning or whatever, but please do not pretend you know what you are talking about without some research first...
Although it doesn not say "masturbation" it does talk about spilling your seed. You may think that you aren't "spilling your seed" when you **** it, because you are catching it in a tube sock or a **** rag, but you are still "spilling" it. And honestly, how many guys **** it without thinking about gettin with a woman. It's seriously impossible, unless of course you are a homosexual, but even in that case you're thinking about a man and that is a whole different subject. No matter how you slice it it's lust.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4italy
Originally Posted by ___MmmBoxy___
She made the mistake to become pregnant in the first place. If she didn't have to open her legs, she wouldn't have a baby in her. Understandable?

As with rape.......there are so many people that would love to have a child but can't, so they have to adopt. If I got raped, I would have the child and put it up for adoption.

And now I have to go to work for 8 hours....I am excited to see how this topic will blow up!!!

See you when I get back!!

~Stephanie
So popping one out just so u have a clean conscience (sp) without ever loving it is more HUMAN than "killing" it while it's still not a fetus?
Not to mention there could be health issues with the mother carrying and giving birth to the child. /:
Old 03-08-2007, 10:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oops. That quote is from page 1.. didn't realize there were 14 pages.. back to reading!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay.. there is so much to read and I am still reading it.

But I wanted to say one thing:

Thought not quite on the same level.. the basic idea is this.. it's the same as "___ marriages". Homosexual couples can do whatever the hell they want because it is their life. So what if you don't like seeing them walking along the street, holding hands or giving each other a kiss while waiting in line. You're going to see them doing that whether or not they are married. What they do with and how they live their lives is their business, NOT YOURS.

So the same goes with abortion.. if it's not YOUR body or YOUR fetus/baby/whatever.. then it is not YOUR business what the woman does. I know you can come out and say then it's not our business when a man commits murder.. but it's different. It's her body.. it's her life that may be in trouble, her body that may be in harm's way.. it's just not the public's business. If it's legal and you don't agree with it, then don't do it. That's your choice. If the fetus is never developed and given birth to, then what the hell is it missing out on if it was never born in the first place? (This is provided it's very early in the pregnancy.. there has to be a line at some point, but nobody can fairly say where to draw the line.)

And just as a side note.. don't come back on the ___ marriages thing and tell me that "the bible says".. if people are allowed to base this whole ___ marriage bull (because there shouldn't be an argument about it at all) on religion.. then I'm going to kill someone who deserves to be killed and say that "my bible says". We aren't allowed to blame our wrong doings on the bible or our religion when it comes to law.. and the same has to apply to ALL laws, not just criminal acts. You can't use religion to base your facts or arguments when it comes to things like this. You just can't.

But anyway.. that's my $.02. Back to reading the thread.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by seattledave
Originally Posted by Tito_Cruz
Correct me if my opinion is on the wrong end but I also think people need to take some kind of test to be allowed to have a baby.
as a believer in natural selection, I say we should definitely be doing this.

I'd start with min. IQ of 120. no diabetics, no one with deficient thyroids. No one that "couldn't" live naturally to atleast 40 without constant medications.

then as time goes on, select more and more,
What's with the no diabetics? I'm diabetic.. so I shouldn't be able to have kids? wtf is that supposed to mean?

Please let me know if you were being sarcastic, because I just don't understand.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you are on the pil and you get raped you won't have a kid.

That statement is very false. You can still become pregnant while on the pill. Birth control is not a 100% guarantee to not becoming pregnant. Didn't they teach you about this in school? The only thing 100% is ABSTINENCE. Nothing else is 100%. Nothing. So put that in a sock and shove it.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by CLAPhoto

Thought not quite on the same level.. the basic idea is this.. it's the same as "___ marriages". Homosexual couples can do whatever the hell they want because it is their life. So what if you don't like seeing them walking along the street, holding hands or giving each other a kiss while waiting in line. You're going to see them doing that whether or not they are married. What they do with and how they live their lives is their business, NOT YOURS.

So the same goes with abortion.. if it's not YOUR body or YOUR fetus/baby/whatever.. then it is not YOUR business what the woman does. I know you can come out and say then it's not our business when a man commits murder.. but it's different. It's her body.. it's her life that may be in trouble, her body that may be in harm's way.. it's just not the public's business. If it's legal and you don't agree with it, then don't do it. That's your choice. If the fetus is never developed and given birth to, then what the hell is it missing out on if it was never born in the first place? (This is provided it's very early in the pregnancy.. there has to be a line at some point, but nobody can fairly say where to draw the line.)

And just as a side note.. don't come back on the ___ marriages thing and tell me that "the bible says".. if people are allowed to base this whole ___ marriage bull (because there shouldn't be an argument about it at all) on religion.. then I'm going to kill someone who deserves to be killed and say that "my bible says". We aren't allowed to blame our wrong doings on the bible or our religion when it comes to law.. and the same has to apply to ALL laws, not just criminal acts. You can't use religion to base your facts or arguments when it comes to things like this. You just can't.

question when do you think the fetus becomes a baby???

and do you support sucide, meth, cocaine, cutting, etc., etc?
because really it's my body and according to you the law should not stop me.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2. drinking age and voting age should be moved to 18,.
Did you say you were in school? You dolt. The voting age IS EIGHTEEN.

So we can all kill ourselves with drug.. and any other illegal substance, and hurt other people in the process, but not something in our body (lump of flesh as its been called.. a lump of flesh that doesn't think the day its conceived).. we should all be 100% adults at age 18 so we can mess up the world even more.. drink and drive and kill somebody because apparently the day you turn 18 you're a responsible adult.. and then our non-aborted kids (since we can't abort them according to the laws you want) should have to walk home or ride the bus home from school and see all these women on the street, dressed up in their skanky clothes, selling sex.. right. You have quite the logical mind there.. remind me to come back to you when I need some advice.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BigMURR

I have no idea when the fetus becomes a "baby".. a human being.. apparently nobody does. Like I said, I don't know where to draw the line when it comes to that (I said that, didn't I? I do believe I did. Ahh... here it is. "(This is provided it's very early in the pregnancy.. there has to be a line at some point, but nobody can fairly say where to draw the line.) " Thanks.)

No, I don't SUPPORT suicide or anything else you mentioned. I also never said you had to SUPPORT abortion or ___ marriage.. I just said it should not be your business what a person does with their personal life or their lifestyle.. so we can't tell a woman no by the entire country that she has to keep something she doesn't want (more specifically in rape situations {despite the court deal} and in situations where it harms the mother). So if neighbor joe wants to do his meth and cocaine, then slit his wrists open and bleed to death, then that's his choice, not mine. It's himself he is hurting. Apparently his life wasn't good enough to life.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by BigMURR
Originally Posted by CLAPhoto

oh man I forgot one thank for reminding me, do you think prostitution should be legal too because its your body you can do what you want with it.

I just want to get the head of these people and understand their logic, because it amazes me what they think.

Quick Reply: Abortion (debate)