Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Off-topic Cafe (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/off-topic-cafe-1609/)
-   -   Anybody wear a lanyard around your neck all day at work? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/off-topic-cafe-1609/anybody-wear-lanyard-around-your-neck-all-day-work-96797/)

salteen 04-04-2007 06:45 PM

Anybody wear a lanyard around your neck all day at work?

I do, and since I've added some weight to it recently with a vpn key fob and a thumbdrive (god I sound like a geek) it sways left and right when I walk. I think it's because I might waddle like a duck...that's embarrasing....

backseatchris 04-04-2007 08:11 PM

Yeah i have to wear one at my dealership. But luckily its just a lanyard w/ paper and plastic (and some cute stickers from the girls here ;) )

what really annoys me is when i walk outside and its windy. what usually happens is it flies up in my face and sometimes gives me a papercut. ouch

DragonR 04-04-2007 08:16 PM

i used to have to wear one... now... not so much... thank god... im glad im not plastered with 'hi my name is.. how can i help you'

citizen01 04-04-2007 08:53 PM

My office is somewhat high security and in order to get in the door I have to unlock it by waving mine accross a sensor. I don't mind wearing it. It makes me feel important.

seattledave 04-04-2007 08:59 PM

Doesn't it bother you that you have to get up in the morning and you have to put on a bunch of pieces of flair? You know, the Nazis had pieces of flair that they made the Jews wear.

jct 04-04-2007 09:48 PM

i'm thinking more in the lines of that movie "office space"

burstaneurysm 04-04-2007 10:48 PM

I'm supposed to wear my keycard with picture in a visible area, either clipped to my pants or a lanyard.

That doesn't really work for me, so I've had my keycard in my wallet for the past 2 years. (I know, how bada$$ am I :P)

shorberg 04-05-2007 12:09 AM

I wear a tie mon-thur. does that count? lol

ajayaitch 04-05-2007 12:39 AM

I went through 3 swipe cards before I got smart and got a lanyard and one of those retractable clips to go with it. I used to keep the card in my front pocket and would crack it every 4-6 months, like clockwork. My VPN token stays in the laptop bag, since I don't need it in the office. And I'm still too cheap to buy a thumbdrive, thought I see prices are coming down.

salteen 04-05-2007 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by citizen01
My office is somewhat high security and in order to get in the door I have to unlock it by waving mine accross a sensor. I don't mind wearing it. It makes me feel important.

same here. It definately ups my notch of importantness lol

rallying_the_scion 04-06-2007 08:38 AM

i have to wear one with a quick release on it, holds my line badge and a whistle for wing walking. has 2 extra clips on it, we are supposed to have it attached in 2 differ ways so it dosnt fall off and get sucked up by a jet.

I-Fly-High 04-06-2007 08:42 AM

You have to have a whistle when you wing walk. If so how does the mashall hear you if the engines ar running? So a litte off topic I have to where one with two badges and some cards I havent looked at since I was in tranning. I only have one clip though If that counts for anything?

scionetics 04-06-2007 08:49 AM

Your title was confusing. Took me a bit to realize that by 'WHERE' you actually meant "WEAR'

rallying_the_scion 04-06-2007 07:15 PM

we only use the wistles in the hanger when towing in and out of the hanger

Otocan 04-09-2007 07:41 PM

I wore a lanyard years and years ago at a store clerk job with a nametag, and it always got in the way when I was leaning over and walking and picking things up and whatnot, so what I did was it had an alligator-type clip on the end, I clipped it through the front of the nametag and clipped it to a tiny bit of the shirt too, kept it from moving and never had a problem.

magnetic 04-09-2007 09:53 PM

I'm wearing the lanyard that came with my USB thumb drive and I wear it everywhere I go. Kinda sad, really. hahah

But it's 2GB though! Size matters, ladies. Act like you know.