Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Off-topic Cafe (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/off-topic-cafe-1609/)
-   -   Did YOU camp out for an Apple Iphone?! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/off-topic-cafe-1609/did-you-camp-out-apple-iphone-106665/)

SoleLaced 06-30-2007 10:04 PM

Did YOU camp out for an Apple Iphone?!

Man, I sure wish I did. I dont even want to use it. I bet the first we generations will have a bunch of errors in it.

I was at the Valley Fair mall, in San jose, yesterday. Dude, there was over 200 people waiting inside and outside of the mall. Everyone has a tag which was number as their place in line. They weren't allowed to leave the lines for more than a few hours.

I was walking by and wondered why the apple store was closed. Then I saw like 10 segways parked outside. Then I saw a bunch of my friends in line. F*#@, why didnt I camp out too?!

Retail was around 499 or 599. Guess how much theyre going for online?! 1200 dollars?!!?!

Did anyone happen to get one?

djafropiq 06-30-2007 10:11 PM

i just walked up to the apple store around 1130 or so last night.. no lines in pasadena.. they still have a lot of stock.. my brother went this moring around 10 and he got a 4gigger..

SoleLaced 06-30-2007 10:13 PM

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

Go pick some up and make some money man!

You can make pure profit of 100%!

xIxAMxHOLLYWOODx 06-30-2007 10:17 PM

^^ they arent necessarily "selling" on ebay. People have them for sale cause they think people cant get them. But all the apple stores have plenty in stock. The AT&T stores are having a hard time keeping them in stock though. But you can order it from them and it'll be at your house in 2-3 days. Or just drive to one of the 160+ apple store locations and buy one.

Why spend $1300 for a phone online when you can get it from Apple for half that...

burstaneurysm 07-01-2007 05:27 AM

They're readily available throughout the stores... It's taking everything in my power to not go get one right now.

I'll wait for Rev. B though.

xIxAMxHOLLYWOODx 07-01-2007 05:29 AM

I bought one today! haha, waiting for it to activate as we speak! taking an extraordinary amount of time cause everyone and their mom bought one!!

TheRealBen 07-01-2007 02:46 PM

The mayor of Philadelphia camped outside for it. Bodyguards and all.

I just like the fact that the first live review for it was with a phone that didn't work. You'd think they would test it out first...good move Apple.

xbizzle425 07-01-2007 10:27 PM

i'm just fine with my 30gb I-pod and my phone

ein311 07-01-2007 10:38 PM

AT&T is less-than-stellar in my area, so I wouldn't buy it even if I had a reason to. =)

Plus, I have a Zune and a thin, durable, works-for-me phone that gets good reception and a battery I can swap out when it wears out. Yes, I have a zune. =P I'm one of those losers that bought one. hehe

Tomas 07-01-2007 10:53 PM

As a long time Apple product user (since '86) I just expect Apple to turn out stellar products, but while I expect the iPhone to break new ground, and for it to be a good machine, I don't really want one.

Aside from that, locking it to AT&T puts it in a negative connotation for me (and at one time I worked for AT&T...).

If I wanted/needed a pocket computer, MP3 player, phone, GameBoy, video player, web browser, e-mail, SMS, status symbol, etc. etc. all-in-one, the iPhone might be a decent choice, but I DON'T need that, so it's not. (Actually, the Helio Ocean might even be better.)

Now if someone actually made a really high quality "just a phone" cellphone, I'd be on it. :)

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/06...iphone_review/

Tom

Max 07-02-2007 01:20 AM

I did not camp out - just walked in a store at 8:00pm on Friday and bought one.

I cannot say enough positive things about the device. It's just so intuitive and powerful.

Metro273 07-02-2007 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by xbizzle425

Same here... :clap:

xIxAMxHOLLYWOODx 07-02-2007 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Max
I did not camp out - just walked in a store at 8:00pm on Friday and bought one.

I cannot say enough positive things about the device. It's just so intuitive and powerful.

Same here, walked into the apple store at the south coast plaza on sat and walked out 10 min later. No line or anything!

I just want to know why everyone's hating on the phone... this thing is amazing in what its capable of, period. And to have your ipod, cell phone and mobile internet all in one... i dont care what you say, nothing is more convenient than that. The ONLY downside Ive come across is the storage capacity, 8 gb is a lot, but compared to an 80 gb video ipod, its nothing! But I have a feeling that thats where improvements will be made with this device.

blazeplacid 07-02-2007 01:57 PM

i think they are hating cuz of the price

That and it needs to have atleast a 20g harddrive for me.

bah im probably gonna get one to =)

SeanstC 07-02-2007 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Metro273

Originally Posted by xbizzle425

Same here... :clap:

me three!!!

scionofPCFL 07-02-2007 02:54 PM

Have you seen the folks smashing and disecting these things on youtube?

hotbox05 07-02-2007 03:20 PM

theyre going for 1500 on ebay. wish I would have got in early , HUGE profits.

if I order online I'll get it in 2 to 4 weeks , by then It'll be hard to get more than 7 or 8 hundred for one.

blazeplacid 07-02-2007 04:04 PM

uh,they are avialibe in stores still.

Also ive seen em go for about $700 not $1500

xIxAMxHOLLYWOODx 07-02-2007 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by hotbox05
theyre going for 1500 on ebay. wish I would have got in early , HUGE profits.

if I order online I'll get it in 2 to 4 weeks , by then It'll be hard to get more than 7 or 8 hundred for one.

People are setting the buy it now price at $1500, doesn't mean they're selling for that. You can ask for a million dollars if you want, nobody will bid on it. The only ones I've seen selling are the ones priced at what they were bought for.

Stripper 07-02-2007 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by xIxAMxHOLLYWOODx

The ONLY downside Ive come across is the storage capacity, 8 gb is a lot, but compared to an 80 gb video ipod, its nothing!

Give it time. I am sure someone will come up with a hack soon to transfer the memory of the ipod to it or something along those lines.