Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

I almost cried!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
IV ACE

Originally Posted by lilman4210
Ya but I'm poor I spent all my money on the down payment
so you should have bought a car you could afford. Fixing problems/dents/scratches is part of owning any car (if you want it to run/look good). I can appreciate you're ____ed about it, I will be too once my first ding shows up, but its inevitable, and if anyone but you should pay to fix it, it would be your passenger who unless has ethics like yours would offer to pay to fix it.

Now as for the cost to fix it, if its just a little scratch on the clear coat you should be able to buff it out. If its a real dent/scratch on the edge of the door you're looking at probably two to three hundred dollars. Thats exactly why I've been looking for some sort of clear bra or door guards of some sort.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I have only had my car for 3 weeks. I don't want to just touch it up I want it fixed.
I know the feeling, dude. I've had my Scion for about the same time, and I have a rock chip on the hood. It's deep.

The dealership will charge you $85.00 to do their version of touch-up painting.

Other than that, you're looking at getting the entire panel repainted after they fill the ding.

As for sneaking in the damage and claiming it's your fault, you can try it--but most dealerships check over the entire car before preforming any work just to safeguard against that sort of thing.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

OhioScions
SL Member

ouch that sucks...
Old 01-10-2005, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This thread sucks...

Word to the Wise. There was a thread about a guy lying to a Subaru dealership about mods on his WRX and someone emailed the local dealership and Subaru of America a link to the thread
and the customer got his warranty voided and a mass mailing was sent to all the dealerships in his area......

You Pay to Play.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:31 PM
zac
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The reason prices go up is because of _______s like you, also i feel a lot worse for the other guy who's car you hit! Did you leave a note or anything for the persons car your friend hit?
____you! Just cause you have stupid friends don't blame it on the dealer!
Old 01-10-2005, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

of course he didnt leave a note, if he wont pay to fix his own car why would he pay to fix someone else's,......
Old 01-10-2005, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Why does everyone pick on the dealers? We're just trying to run a business and make a profit!!! If you don't like how much you're being charged, do it yourself! Open your own business and let someone try to shoplift or lie and steal something form you! Don't think you'd be happy about losing money!
Old 01-10-2005, 02:59 PM
zac
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Beantowntc
of course he didnt leave a note, if he wont pay to fix his own car why would he pay to fix someone else's,......

Ya that was kind of a joke and my point! he was _____ing about his car hitting the others and it was his fault!
I hate people! (im only half serious)
Old 01-10-2005, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zac
Originally Posted by Beantowntc

Ya that was kind of a joke and my point! he was _____ing about his car hitting the others and it was his fault!
I hate people! (im only half serious)
oh i know, i just like repeating things to make them seem worse....this guy needs to know that the world is coming down on him right now

i mean what if your girl let another guy give her a hicky on her neck and made you think you did it.....thats how the dealer will feel , ____ed the f*ck off
Old 01-10-2005, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: I almost cried!!!

Originally Posted by HughDTX
I was thinking that after I get the car back to just blame it on them and see if they would fix it for free. Do you think that this would work?
No matter how bad you make dealerships look by saying they charge too much for services or rip people off... what you suggest above is called stealing. People who do these things are leeches on society, and if you lie and blame the dealer for what your friend did, you too are a leech. Just keep that in mind.
And charging 200 dollars labor for 10 minutes worth of work isn't stealing? i understand they are in business to make a profit but that's just absurd. and to the dealership who said do it yourself, i plan on it. however i wanted to get the AEM CAI and that's dealer only. when i went there to order it he told me how much it was and i laughed at him. when i asked why it was so much he said said the intake itself was only 200 something (250 i think), and the rest was labor. now try and justify 200 dollars in labor for an install that takes all of ten minutes to do.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why let them charge u the first place when everyone could do it themselves easily

they wont void your warrenty unless they could proof in the future that the intake was the object causing which ever prob.

just INSTALL THE INTAKE URSELF PEOPLE geez
Old 01-10-2005, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by intakeonly
Why let them charge u the first place when everyone could do it themselves easily
they wont void your warranty unless they could prove in the future that the intake was the object causing which ever prob. Just INSTALL THE INTAKE URSELF PEOPLE geez
I plan on installing it myself, but the AEM CAI for the tC is Dealer only. Meaning you have to get it from them. when I went in to order it they thought
I wanted them to install it and that's when they gave me that absurd price and I laughed at them.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by zac
The reason prices go up is because of _______s like you, also i feel a lot worse for the other guy who's car you hit! did you leave a note or anything for the persons car your freind hit?
fu#k you! just cause you have stupid friends dont blame it on the dealer!
Ouch!!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what about the car next to you? must have left a dent? :?
Old 01-11-2005, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Xonic
Everyone keeps bad mouthing me about the car next to me, believe it or not it did nothing. The reason is because it was a huge pickup truck. It hit the wheel well that is why it chipped my door rather than just a scratch.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Wow, with friends like yours...

Actually, I knew this one guy with a passenger who opened his door on a busy street and had a passing car take it clean off. Be glad you're not him.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm thinking about just using my tax return money to pay for the fix. Does anyone know about how much it will cost to fix?
Old 01-12-2005, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does anyone make a protecter for the lip of the door?
Old 01-12-2005, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Everyone keeps bad mouthing me about the car next to me, believe it or not it did nothing. The reason is because it was a huge pickup truck. It hit the wheel well that is why it chipped my door rather than just a scratch.
You've musta parked awefully far up or far back to make your door hit a pick up's wheel well.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PunkInDrublic
You've musta parked awefully far up or far back to make your door hit a pick up's wheel well.
We were facing opposite directions. The door hit his rear wheel well

Quick Reply: I almost cried!!!