Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Obstruction of View ticket

Old 04-07-2009, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

cops use the obstruction and no front plate excuse to pull ppl over more than any other excuse.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

100% true.....
Old 04-07-2009, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Dude Alan! small Buddha on front mirror? That is lame dude, I have one also. A nice fat one lol. Did he give u a ticket? Or just pull you over to b*tch at you?
Old 04-07-2009, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

He pulled me over because my car was full of people, he checked my DL and insurance etc, and told me to remove it as he was leaving. No ticket.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ahhh, he dint say anything about the carbon fiber hood?
Old 04-08-2009, 12:35 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Concept in Motion Crew
SL Member

cops have good taste. they like to keep cars clean lookin i guess
Old 04-08-2009, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i got that for tint. go figure
Old 04-08-2009, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Fresh Crew
SL Member

wow cop was bored. what about those school who have parking permits that hang from the RVM or handicap stickers? Is NYS breaking the law by issuing out handicap stickers? haha.

gl with it dude.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by NYNCTC
wow cop was bored. what about those school who have parking permits that hang from the RVM or handicap stickers? Is NYS breaking the law by issuing out handicap stickers? haha.

gl with it dude.
im not 100% sure but I think they have a "remove before driving" stamp on those.

It was on my parking pass for school so I could only imagine it's on there as well.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Cops have good taste?

Dakine, Are you saying its bad to hang a buddha chain? That is rude of you man.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Im pretty sure my buddy meant,

Good taste as nothing on the mirror = cleaner look.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea cops are bored. When I was in high school 10 cops showed up and parked at the exit and pulled people over for stupid stuff. Like too many people in the car, tint, exhaust, having there parking tags on their mirrors. I know several people that pulled that day for having stuff on their mirrors.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RCZDesigns
You think you got it back for stupid small tickets like that, AZ has become the big brother state and now 50% of the places you go have cameras profiling your every move.

I got a ticket in the mail yesterday for running a red light, and it shows me at the intersection waiting to turn on red.

Now I have to either A: take time out of my work day in a month to fight it, B: pay the $225, or C: ignore it and see what happens.

It's a toss up between C and C.
So the pic actually shows you waiting to turn at a red light?? Turning right or left? I would figure up what it would cost for you to take off a day of work, plus gas down to the court house and back and give them that statement when you hand the judge a copy of the pic of you sitting at the red light, and see if they throw it out or not.

I'm so glad I live in a small town in a state that doesn't give a damn what you've done to your car as long as it has working head and tail lights. I have a buddy who got pulled over once because an offduty sherriff's deputy in his personal Z28 baited him to run him on the parkway. Buddy had a 94 Mustang GT fully built running 15 psi supercharger. Needless to say the Mustang ran off from him. He let off at about 140, and when the deputy finally caught up, he kicked his blue lights on to pull him over to ask if he could go for a ride in it. Gotta love small town cops like that.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

Bullchit!!!
Take it to court!
GL
Old 04-08-2009, 01:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love my state then.. I havent seen one car without something hanging from the RVM! Best of Luck!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by crex149
Originally Posted by RCZDesigns
You think you got it back for stupid small tickets like that, AZ has become the big brother state and now 50% of the places you go have cameras profiling your every move.

I got a ticket in the mail yesterday for running a red light, and it shows me at the intersection waiting to turn on red.

Now I have to either A: take time out of my work day in a month to fight it, B: pay the $225, or C: ignore it and see what happens.

It's a toss up between C and C.
So the pic actually shows you waiting to turn at a red light?? Turning right or left? I would figure up what it would cost for you to take off a day of work, plus gas down to the court house and back and give them that statement when you hand the judge a copy of the pic of you sitting at the red light, and see if they throw it out or not.

I'm so glad I live in a small town in a state that doesn't give a damn what you've done to your car as long as it has working head and tail lights. I have a buddy who got pulled over once because an offduty sherriff's deputy in his personal Z28 baited him to run him on the parkway. Buddy had a 94 Mustang GT fully built running 15 psi supercharger. Needless to say the Mustang ran off from him. He let off at about 140, and when the deputy finally caught up, he kicked his blue lights on to pull him over to ask if he could go for a ride in it. Gotta love small town cops like that.
Turning right of course, which is perfectly legal at this intersection (as far as I know, theres no sign saying no right on red)

I am thinking about taking the pic down there, but the pic says 8mph, I think theres a delay on the information. I tried to view the video to make sure I came to a complete stop at some point in my yeilding, but the video doesn't work. I'm probably going to ignore it -- local news stations say if you leave it alone, unless your a repeat offender, it'll go away basically. Theres a HUGE scene about the cameras, about how if no officer hands you a ticket saying he saw, the ticket is void. They are basically just trying to sucker people into paying them.

Sucker I am not.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought that the fine for most tickets was written on the ticket. Seems lame. I am surprised being that you are in NJ that they gave you a ticket in NY for it. I didn't think a ticket like that would cross state lines. Speeding I understand but this is real lame.

Did he say which one he gave it to you for? I am sure having a GPS isn't braking the law depending on where you put it in the window. But I don't know if it is worth fighting.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

I call bullish....
thats LAME..GL
Old 04-09-2009, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

^w___e!

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-20-2017 at 10:37 AM. Reason: expletive
Old 04-09-2009, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pete that actually was me on his account posting for him...
i gotta bring he count up....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Obstruction of View ticket