Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Police Posers

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Police Posers

I was heading west on rt 66 in VA, cruising about 80MPH when I started to pass a long line of slow moving cars in the slow lane. When I neared the front of the line and the lead car came into view, I thought I was busted - the lead car was what looked like an unmarked police car. It had the stubby little antenna on the rear trunk lid, it had the blue police lights in the corners of the rear deck, single male occupant. Did I mention it was a white Crown Victoria? I immediatley took my foot off the accelerator to slow down hoping I didn't have so much momentum that I still passed him. My heart had stopped beating by this point...

Then I noticed his license plate. He was from well out of state, Connecticut, so I was saved! I thanked my lucky stars and pressed the accelerator again. As I started gaining on him again, I noticed that the blue police lights on his rear deck were nothing more than blue plastic containers in the same spot and general shape of real police lights. His car also had a dealer badge on it. The driver, maybe a male 50+ had the mirrored glasses and crew cut that many cops do. This guy looked the part of a cop, but once you got within a few car lengths of him the illusion started to fall apart. I can understand someone wanting to be a cop, but I can't understand why someone would outfit his car to make himself look like a cop.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the "police interceptor" package is pretty popular here. aside from the blue tupperware, maybe he bought it like that. local departments sell their used vehicles. HERE"S a local example for sale. HERE'S another. this guy has several for sale.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

hahaha, my buddy did that in hs, he had a burgandy crown vic, and put all the lights on and a cb, he had the sirens and everything, its leagal to have you just can use it, as soon as u use it it becomes illegal, we loved riding with him cuse we got everywere fast

it was just funny, dumb hs things you do, but he actually had all the real stuff on his car
Old 05-04-2006, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you wonder why people do this, just ask yourself this: If you were sitting on the side of the road, and that thing zipped past you at 80, would you know it was a poser?
Old 11-17-2017, 10:39 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Thumbs up