Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Pulled over for Tail Lights being Tinted!!! Here are some pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Pulled over for Tail Lights being Tinted!!! Here are some pics!!!

Anyone know a clever way I may weasel my way out of this?! hahaha

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-16-2018 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats why Tinted Tails is a very bad Mod to do to any car!...
Old 04-09-2012, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cops always single my car out of a pack but I have yet to be pulled over yet for anything. They just like to ride my bumper. My tails are tinted the same. I'm going to buy another set and tint them differently and just use the ones I have now for shows but that won't be for a while. #hardheaded
Old 04-09-2012, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

id get pulled over within 5 min of having it done.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I personally dislike any driver that tints their brake lights dark like that. It's okay at night but in the daytime it's a pain to see. I don't mind a slight tint.

Might as well be like some 10+ yr old beater cars that have NO brake lights at all and you have to constantly be alert and guess when they are slowing down

I guess you should read the law in your state and see what is legal and what isn't. Up here a lot of aftermarket shops know what is legal, border-line legal, and what will get you pulled over all the time for being illegal.

But your tC does look pretty sweet all black like that and next to those other all black cars!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

that's what center brake light is for haha
Old 04-10-2012, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dang man that's TOO dark, no wonder you got pulled over for that. There's not much you can do. Did you get a fix it ticket or just a ticket?
Old 04-10-2012, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProjectTC2
Dang man that's TOO dark, no wonder you got pulled over for that. There's not much you can do. Did you get a fix it ticket or just a ticket?

An actual citation :/ have to go to court
Old 04-10-2012, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tell em it was factory then turn the neon on and roll off lol.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fun173
Tell em it was factory then turn the neon on and roll off lol.

LOL! Oh yea i bet that will go over well! haha Right after I got the citation another DPS officer pulled up next to me at a light and i asked him and he said just take pics when i go in and measure 500ft and as long as its visible it should be OK, but out here in PHX everyone's tail lights are that dark and usually the whole tail including reverse lights! haha I threw the citation out the window while talking to him and took off, later that day ended up calling the same cop who gave me it because i needed the info on it lol :/ dumb me, least i didn't get a littering ticket!
Old 04-10-2012, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahaha oh gosh awkward! ^^

But as that cop said, if you can get a picture from 500ft showing that they're clearly visable then you'd be good. But I doubt they're visable from that far away
Old 04-10-2012, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Photoshop is our friend.

That convo with the officer must been awkward.

You: "Hello officer, that citation you gave me, yeah, I threw it out my window, can i get the info?"

Cop: "......................."
Old 04-10-2012, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProjectTC2
Hahaha oh gosh awkward! ^^

But as that cop said, if you can get a picture from 500ft showing that they're clearly visable then you'd be good. But I doubt they're visable from that far away
Originally Posted by fun173
Photoshop is our friend.

That convo with the officer must been awkward.

You: "Hello officer, that citation you gave me, yeah, I threw it out my window, can i get the info?"

Cop: "......................."

Yea idk i think its 100ft during the day and 500 at night.....idk maybe ill be ok? who knows we will see, and yea it was def awkward i told him it flew out the window cuz i had them down he was like "it flew out or you threw it out?', Me- "A little bit of both" and started laughing hahaha but yea then he said he cuda ticketed me for my window tint which is bs cuz its what was on since factory, he was all like "before you start modding your car learn the laws" like completely rude and must have just had a "hatorade" ha idk, plus H.I.N is in town this weekend so maybe he just bein an a** cuz all the cars rollin in or somethin idkkkkkk
Old 04-10-2012, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

100ft is nothing. 33 yards.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScottPHX
haha I threw the citation out the window while talking to him and took off, later that day ended up calling the same cop who gave me it because i needed the info on it lol :/ dumb me, least i didnt get a littering tivket!
I'm pretty cool about persons having tinted tail lights, but the littering thing? Yeah, that's uncool. Once you told us that you threw that ticket out the window out of anger because you got caught breaking the law, that destroyed any empathy you may have potentially been eligible for. Looks like you're being petty because you got what you deserved, and ignorant for being mad that you got caught and were unwilling to professionally accept the consequences. If I was the cop, I would have pulled you over again, made you get out of the car and pick it up, and give you the littering ticket, too.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pyroman131
I'm pretty cool about persons having tinted tail lights, but the littering thing? Yeah, that's uncool. Once you told us that you threw that ticket out the window out of anger because you got caught breaking the law, that destroyed any empathy you may have potentially been eligible for. Looks like you're being petty because you got what you deserved, and ignorant for being mad that you got caught and were unwilling to professionally accept the consequences. If I was the cop, I would have pulled you over again, made you get out of the car and pick it up, and give you the littering ticket, too.

Well first off I was un aware that having them was "against the law", secondly be it how it may im not here to gain empathy from you sir or worry about how i look like to you over the internet . Third, you werent the cop . Thanks for the reply either way though
Old 04-10-2012, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScottPHX
Well first off I was un aware that having them was "against the law", secondly be it how it may im not here to gain empathy from you sir or worry about how i look like to you over the internet . Third, you werent the cop . Thanks for the reply either way though
Thanks for taking that professionally bro lol. There are lots of things that are against the law that we aren't trained on. The littering thing just p*ssed me off to no end because some dumb*ss the other day in a tC pulled up to my lawn at the corner of an intersection and threw a styrofoam cup into my yard and then drove off. He was just being a d*ck. Never talked to him before or anything like that, so it was not a form of reprisal or anything of that nature.

Or maybe he was jealous that my xB is modded better than his tC.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

try to remove the some of the tint dont take it all of or they will know it was a plan but you can remove it heres how i did it when i had the same problem...

1. get 300 and 1500 grit wet sand paper...
2. wet sand with 300 untill the nightshades is to the darkness you want this will take some time
3. once its to your wanted darkness sand alittle more then wetsand to a smooth finish with 1500 grit
4. re-clear coat let dry at least 24 hours and wetsand using the 1500 grit sand paper
5. use a rubbing compound and buff it to a glass like finish...
Old 04-10-2012, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Next time, use a tint film so you can peel it off. Bluebatmobile might have pre-cut designs for the tC2
Old 04-10-2012, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in TX its against the law to Modify the head/tail lights in any way. some county enforce it more than others especially those small village type of county we have outside of big cities.
$$$$$$$ :D

Quick Reply: Pulled over for Tail Lights being Tinted!!! Here are some pics!!!