Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Off-topic Cafe (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/off-topic-cafe-1609/)
-   -   "Super" Mods? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/off-topic-cafe-1609/super-mods-25561/)

ack154 05-17-2005 05:16 PM

"Super" Mods?

So I have this horrible habit of "thinking" sometimes... and this is what I came across today:

Are there any just plain "Mods"? If not, why have a "Super" group? And what makes them so "Super" anyways? :P

They have to be comparatively super, right? What are they compared to? There aren't any other "Mods" to compare them to. There's no "Mods" group... suddenly they're all "Super"?

:crazy: = me

(oh, I should note, I didn't put this in website discussion b/c it's more of a curiosity... i don't really care, just wondered if anyone else thought about it)

wyldkard 05-17-2005 05:21 PM

They each have unique special powers. Each one of them can do something unique. Most of them have the power to disappear and not be seen for long periods of time, while others have x-ray vision or super human strength.

-Z

jaewon223 05-17-2005 05:28 PM

huh

Fujiz_xb 05-17-2005 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by wyldkard
They each have unique special powers. Each one of them can do something unique. Most of them have the power to disappear and not be seen for long periods of time, while others have x-ray vision or super human strength.

-Z

lol :rofl:

unik_one 05-17-2005 05:42 PM

Don't forget these SuperMods...

Ultra Ban : has the power to ban even the wiliest SL member

Speed Eraser : has the ability to make posts vanish at the speed of light

Mad aBANdon : has the ability to penalize oblivious post-ers on a whim

NOTE**** mods: this is all done in fun - please don't ban me! :pray:

Joehnn 05-17-2005 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by unik_one
Don't forget these SuperMods...

Ultra Ban : has the power to ban even the wiliest SL member

Speed Eraser : has the ability to make posts vanish at the speed of light

Mad aBANdon : has the ability to penalize oblivious post-ers on a whim

NOTE**** mods: this is all done in fun - please don't ban me! :pray:

Let's have a contest to see who can identify each mod with his superpower.

One more super power Censor Conversion Beam: The ability to convert vulagity into $^&# on sight.

dgHotLava 05-17-2005 05:57 PM

Re: "Super" Mods?

Originally Posted by ack154
So I have this horrible habit of "thinking" sometimes... and this is what I came across today:

Are there any just plain "Mods"? If not, why have a "Super" group? And what makes them so "Super" anyways? :P

They have to be comparatively super, right? What are they compared to? There aren't any other "Mods" to compare them to. There's no "Mods" group... suddenly they're all "Super"?

:crazy: = me

(oh, I should note, I didn't put this in website discussion b/c it's more of a curiosity... i don't really care, just wondered if anyone else thought about it)

to shed a little light on this...
there are regional mods and club mods (their screen names will be in bold under the forum)...
but then there is a group that can moderate almost anywhere on the site (including the clubs and regionals)...these are super mods.

the few areas that super mods can't do things in. these areas are controlled by the site admins.

ikhonlord 05-17-2005 06:01 PM

^^^^ Exactly! He couldn't have said it any better. Also there are Mod's that only Moderate a section Example: TC General Forum.

BTW - My super power is SuperLock or as many of you call me "LockLord" :wink:

ack154 05-17-2005 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by ikhonlord

The Dancing Lock is an important part of your persona...

:silly:

wyldkard 05-17-2005 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by ikhonlord
^^^^ Exactly! He couldn't have said it any better. Also there are Mod's that only Moderate a section Example: TC General Forum.

That's a great nickname, I don't know why I didn't think of it. All I could ever come up with was IkhonWhore...

^^-----Just kidding Omar, please don't hurt me.

-Z

dgHotLava 05-17-2005 06:07 PM

My super power is SuperMoved....i don't have an AKA...yet...

now, who to try my Banning powers on??? any takers??? unik?

ikhonlord 05-17-2005 06:08 PM

Its funny u say that because my post count is not really that high compared to the other moderators. My problem is that I keep posting in the PPC section when I lock the topics and those posts disspaear..thats why some can not see my contribution to the site..hahah

ack154 05-17-2005 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by dgHotLava
My super power is SuperMoved....i don't have an AKA...yet...

You could be dgHotMover ... ? Sorry, lameness takes over after 2pm.

wyldkard 05-17-2005 06:09 PM

I dub thee......dgHotMova

With the powers "Mega Moved" and "SuperMoved"

-Z

ack154 05-17-2005 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by wyldkard
I dub thee......dgHotMova

With the powers "Mega Moved" and "SuperMoved"

-Z

I was close... this is better though. A little more "flava" ... if you will. :rolling:

unik_one 05-17-2005 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by dgHotLava
now, who to try my Banning powers on??? any takers??? unik?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

<.......if I'm really quiet, maybe he'll think I left >

:nails: :nails:

:rofl: :bow: :rofl:

mikochu 05-17-2005 07:21 PM

Someone called me Dickachu... I'm having a hard time figuring out what it means...
:lalala:

jrv2000 05-17-2005 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by mikochu
Someone called me Dickachu... I'm having a hard time figuring out what it means... :lalala:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I guess you'll never find out since the person who said it mysteriously disappeared the next day. :rofl: :rofl:

mikochu 05-17-2005 07:42 PM

nah, I've never banned anyone. I let Omar do that stuff. :P

ikhonlord 05-17-2005 07:43 PM

Ohhh...C..thats hows the rumors start...hahah