PPC: Vehicles buy or sell cars here...

Other: Honda 2003 RC51 RVT 1000r

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Honda 2003 RC51 RVT 1000r

Devil carbon pipes, power commander, magical racing bodywork (carbon) front and rear fenders, proton flushmount turn signals, sato frame sliders and much, much more.

bike has NEVER been down or dropped, and is prestine condition. This is a 1000cc streetbike, and not for a rookie. I have a 2008 CBR1000RR that is pushing over 170hp, so I dont need three bikes anymore.

I am located in York, PA 17404. I am asking $5,000 firm. Bike just passed our PA inspection last month and needs NOTHING. Tires are near new - with less than 1,000 miles on them. BRAND new battery from Shorai (from brad at superbike supply).

I ride the bike around once every two weeks to work (30 mile ride) to keep it running. I dont need to sell it and I am not parting it out. I welcome anyone to take a look at it. It has atleast $3,500 in upgrades.

My rc51 still has the stock gearing setup. Only selling because I bought a new house, and Id rather see someone else have the bike as I never ride it. I have multiple vehicles to enjoy, and if this does not sell, I will keep riding it every now and then. Not looking for ANY trades except maybe an s2000, type R teg, or 2000-2006 civic SI, Del Sol, or 93-95 MR2 turbo.

Name:  IMG_0002.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  163.5 KB

Old 08-24-2011, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

That's a beautiful bike and a smokin' deal...Shouldn't have a problem selling it
Old 08-24-2011, 01:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah its flawless. If you knew me, you would know the condition of the bike. This thing would run forever. The sound is intoxicating. If you have never heard a vtwin sport bike, think about this:

Harleys are Vtwins. They usually redline at 6,000 rpms or so. My bike redlines at 11,500 rpms, and sounds like a big block v8 motor. ANYTIME I ride with other sport bikes (and they are in front of me) When we stop, all they can say is they could hear my bike the whole time and it sounds amazing. Its semi-exotic... its hard to explain, it does NOT sound like my CBR at all.. no jappy high-pitch "ninja" noise, this thing sounds like a deep, low, loud, old-school muscle car.. and thats at idle.

The RC51 is a semi-rare bike for honda, and it has a pure racing heritage stemming from the rc30, the rc45, then the rc51. This is a SP2 model (they made a SP1 model from 99-02) and mine is lighter, redesigned, smother power delivery, and has a better "paint" scheme on it. The older ones (SP1 models) were strikingly similar, but a a little more harsh for street, and track use.

I guarantee that EVERYTHING on this bike is mint condition, and I could even post some videos I took with my GoPro hero. I have a pretty good one of me destroying a new corvette (z06) at top-end speeds. This bike is soooo much more than your everyday "ninja, r6,r1, or GSXR". At bike nights, EVERYONE comes over to check it out because of the sound/looks. Also, this bike is mega comfy.. I know people dont think sport bikes are, but this one I have taken to Ocean City, MD quite a few times. It does the 150mile ride, no problem - and I only have to stop to get fuel, and stretch once.

I have more pics I will be uploading. A lot of money/time was invested in this bike, and I had this before I had my scion tC, so I did dump a lot of extra cash into it.

If I were to buy the bike - the ONLY thing I would do, would be grab some rims (like from OZ racing). Light weight carbon rims on this bike are about $1,500 or so, and would make the bike a monster on the track.

My wheels are perfect, but obviously they are OEM honda rc51 wheels. Those custom wheels add some bling, and drop unsprung weight. I bought rims for my CBR1000rr, and they made a huge difference.

Also, UNLESS you have a motorcycle license, and $5k in cash - there are no test rides. You can drive along in your car, and I can tag along side you - OR if you have a license, AND cash - you can take it out, and I will bring my CBR and ride behind you.

I just dont want an unlicensed driver to wreck my bike and get hurt, and insurance not pay for anything because you were not supposed to operate the vehicle to begin with.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump for hurricane irene. This bike does great in the storms, and snow also. It makes a good daily vehicle in any condition, unless you have sand in your gina.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

September bump.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bump....
Old 10-02-2011, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump
Old 10-02-2011, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by torqueTc
Yeah its flawless. If you knew me, you would know the condition of the bike. This thing would run forever. The sound is intoxicating. If you have never heard a vtwin sport bike, think about this:

Harleys are Vtwins. They usually redline at 6,000 rpms or so. My bike redlines at 11,500 rpms, and sounds like a big block v8 motor. ANYTIME I ride with other sport bikes (and they are in front of me) When we stop, all they can say is they could hear my bike the whole time and it sounds amazing. Its semi-exotic... its hard to explain, it does NOT sound like my CBR at all.. no jappy high-pitch "ninja" noise, this thing sounds like a deep, low, loud, old-school muscle car.. and thats at idle.

The RC51 is a semi-rare bike for honda, and it has a pure racing heritage stemming from the rc30, the rc45, then the rc51. This is a SP2 model (they made a SP1 model from 99-02) and mine is lighter, redesigned, smother power delivery, and has a better "paint" scheme on it. The older ones (SP1 models) were strikingly similar, but a a little more harsh for street, and track use.

I guarantee that EVERYTHING on this bike is mint condition, and I could even post some videos I took with my GoPro hero. I have a pretty good one of me destroying a new corvette (z06) at top-end speeds. This bike is soooo much more than your everyday "ninja, r6,r1, or GSXR". At bike nights, EVERYONE comes over to check it out because of the sound/looks. Also, this bike is mega comfy.. I know people dont think sport bikes are, but this one I have taken to Ocean City, MD quite a few times. It does the 150mile ride, no problem - and I only have to stop to get fuel, and stretch once.

I have more pics I will be uploading. A lot of money/time was invested in this bike, and I had this before I had my scion tC, so I did dump a lot of extra cash into it.

If I were to buy the bike - the ONLY thing I would do, would be grab some rims (like from OZ racing). Light weight carbon rims on this bike are about $1,500 or so, and would make the bike a monster on the track.

My wheels are perfect, but obviously they are OEM honda rc51 wheels. Those custom wheels add some bling, and drop unsprung weight. I bought rims for my CBR1000rr, and they made a huge difference.

Also, UNLESS you have a motorcycle license, and $5k in cash - there are no test rides. You can drive along in your car, and I can tag along side you - OR if you have a license, AND cash - you can take it out, and I will bring my CBR and ride behind you.

I just dont want an unlicensed driver to wreck my bike and get hurt, and insurance not pay for anything because you were not supposed to operate the vehicle to begin with.
very true..... I have a ducati 1198. Its a v-twin and the sound is AMAZING.. glws
Old 10-11-2011, 12:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Price reduction to $4800. I just bought a civic SI - looking to mod the car so I could use the money twards that.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

$4600 now, or I am taking thousands of dollars of parts off this winter and getting the price down to $4,000.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:31 AM
SL Member

This RC51 is still for sale? People, people, people.

This is a premier Japanese motorcycle that is going to be desired by collectors in the next few years and Torque TC is practically giving it away for $4600!

This community must now be full of BRO-TATO's (people that think R6's are cool and wear DC shoes but have no idea how to change spark plugs in ANY vehicle)

Rant complete, GLWS.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know man.. seriously, this is an iconic piece of sportbike history. This bike was made for racing, then released on the street after several modifications . (That would be the sp1 model) then after a few tweaks and upgrades, in 2003 they released a revised sp1, now dubbed the SP2.

This bike is a beast. It is in mint condition too, and if you took it to bike night, people flock to see the rc51. There are not many vtwin supersport bikes out there that people know of (except ducati's mainly).

Just for kicks, this bikes competitor at the time was the suzuki TLR1000R. Go look those up on ebay, and next to nothing pops up. Its because the bike was a failure. The honda destroyed the TLR in reliability, and power (although, I love the look of the TLR, it looks like an "egg" to me sort of).

There is a huge following for the rc51, parts are easily accessible and there are LOTS of choices for the bike if the buyer wanted to customize it more. I will say this, my devil twin carbon pipes are extremely rare, and I have never ever ever even seen another picture of them on my speedzilla.com (rc51) forum or ebay or anything. They sound so sick!
Old 11-06-2011, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump
Old 11-10-2011, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Final bump before I put the bike up for consignment at Action Motorsports. Once it hits their showroom floor I am not taking less than $5200 due to broker fees.

I just purchased new luxury house, and move in 3 weeks. Not trying to store 4 vehicles over the winter. That being said, I dont have to sell it. If anyone is interested, you have two weeks to come buy the bike. Put the smash down on those stupid little 600 girlie sport bikes.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

less than 2 weeks left until my big move into my new house. Someone come get this bike lol.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BUMP - Last week for sale. I move in 8 days, then I am just keeping it.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bike sold for my asking price today no questions asked. Thread can be locked.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:28 PM

That's a beautiful bike and a smokin' deal. It shouldn't have a problem selling it