Old 12-09-2010, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any up date on tires?
Old 12-10-2010, 01:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll let you know if I decide to sell the tires before the rims.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump
Old 12-16-2010, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump
Old 12-22-2010, 03:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Location: Living in the Omaha, NE area, traveling all over the continent

Are these still for sale?
Old 12-22-2010, 03:53 PM

These rims are killers. Looks like the ones on my sti RS-D
Old 12-23-2010, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ Thanks

Yes, they're still for sale.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

PM sent
Old 12-30-2010, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any update on parting out i need tires..
Old 12-30-2010, 04:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rims and tires have been sold, sorry.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, the rims and tires were sold to me... Except that I've never gotten them.

I transfered $1,675 (the agreed price, including shipping) 2 weeks ago. I have yet to recieve the wheels and tires, nor any tracking number. Not only that - AFTER we agreed on the price, Hydralover tells me that the tires are worn down to about %50, rather than the %80 that it says in the original post. Then, on the Paypal form, he lists them at %45. Then I got tired of waiting for a tracking number so I sent him a message. He told me that his other wheels got damaged, so he's been using the wheels and tires (that I've already paid for) on his car. I told him that I wanted either a $200 refund (the low-end price of a used set of tires) along with the tracking numbers for the 4 packages by today, or I wanted a full refund. I haven't received anything since then. No refund, no tracking numbers, no communication. I've just finished filing a dispute with Paypal.

Buyer beware: apparently, ITrader ratings don't count for much.

~Laken
Old 01-11-2011, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, shady as hell. hope u eventually get em or a full refund.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow okay. I'll reply to this when I have time...
Old 01-11-2011, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Un4Scene View Post
Yes, the rims and tires were sold to me... Except that I've never gotten them.

I transfered $1,675 (the agreed price, including shipping) 2 weeks ago. I have yet to recieve the wheels and tires, nor any tracking number. Not only that - AFTER we agreed on the price, Hydralover tells me that the tires are worn down to about %50, rather than the %80 that it says in the original post. Then, on the Paypal form, he lists them at %45. Then I got tired of waiting for a tracking number so I sent him a message. He told me that his other wheels got damaged, so he's been using the wheels and tires (that I've already paid for) on his car. I told him that I wanted either a $200 refund (the low-end price of a used set of tires) along with the tracking numbers for the 4 packages by today, or I wanted a full refund. I haven't received anything since then. No refund, no tracking numbers, no communication. I've just finished filing a dispute with Paypal.

Buyer beware: apparently, ITrader ratings don't count for much.

~Laken

Hey Laken,

I am the man with the wheels and tires. Hydralover has been my liaison for this transaction, so I am to blame.

During our first few initial messages, there was a misunderstanding on my part. You said that the shipping did not have to be rushed, and that you'd be home in a week or two. I interpreted that as: "take your time to ship these wheels, I won't be home to receive them even if you ship them out ASAP." I apologize for this misunderstanding. As a result, I really did take my time.

Sometime after the payment, I informed you that the tires had a wet track day on them, and that the treadlife was down to about 50%, but I believe I put 45% on the paypal payment request and that was my mistake. You tell me that it was ok, and that it wasn't a deal breaker. I was like OK, cool.

The last payment was sent on Dec 29th, and I appreciate your prompt payment. I spent the 30-31st getting boxes and boxing them up so they could be shipped out on Monday, the 3rd. Obviously nothing was open on that Sat & Sun because it was New Years Day. I was driving on my other set of wheels that weekend and unfortunately hit a piece of big rig tire on the freeway that blew the tire and bent the wheel.

I had to put the Advans back on again that day and I believe this is when the period of miscommunication began. I did not inform you right away that I had to put the Advans back on and I really apologize for that, I know I should have. You said you wanted a refund of $200 or the full refund, and I did not respond directly to your request.

I wasn't sure whether my spare set of wheels was fixable or not, because I had been rejected by two wheel shops already that week. I went to a few more wheel shops that unfortunately rejected me as well, so I've given up on them and am forced to keep the Advans until I can get another spare set of wheels.

You will receive your refund tomorrow, if not, wednesday at the latest. The reason why I cannot refund you the whole amount is because I spent a tiny sum of the money on books for school. I already initiated a transfer of cash from my bank account to Paypal, and Paypal says that it takes 3-5 business days to clear.

I once again apologize for the inconvenience and lack of communication, although I can't say that there was absolutely NO communication as you stated above. I appreciate you being cordial with me through the whole process, and I will update you here whether or not I can refund you the amount tomorrow or wednesday.

If you have any more questions, you can post here, or you can pm me and we'll talk via email.

Thank you for your patience,
Kevin

PS- For those who are curious, these are the Rays G07WT that I had:

Old 01-11-2011, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would prefer to use the Paypal dispute forum for communication about this, but if you want it on here I can deal with that. Just for the record, this is the first time I've heard anything about Hydralover being a third-party liaison. You registered on SL a long time ago, and you've got enough activity to post a classified advertisement (EDIT: my mistake, you don't have enough activity, so you were trying to get around SL's rules. Noted.). Why do you need a liaison to sell your wheels for you? For that matter... I'm kind of curious as to why someone else would be willing to take that risk for you, but that's irrelevant.

First off, I said there was no need to rush the shipping, and that I wasn't home at that time. I immediately followed that statement with "as long as I get them within a couple of weeks." I meant that the slowest and cheapest method of shipping was fine, not that it was ok to wait several weeks to ship them. Why would I pay you that much money and then tell you that it was ok to take your time sending me what I bought? That doesn't even make sense. Along with the shipping address, I told you specifically that it was a business address, and that the packages were to be addressed to someone else, care-of the company that they work for.

Secondly, when I said "no communication", I meant that I hadn't heard anything since the last time I sent you a message and told you that I needed an answer by Monday. I specifically gave you fair warning that if I didn't hear anything by Monday then I would contact Paypal. That's exactly what I did.

Third - I made an offer on the wheels and tires that you have, rather than a different set, specifically because they were listed as having a good set of tires with 80% of the tread left. I needed the tires to last me through at least one season of driving. Per what you have told me, you've worn down 35% of the tread in about 1.5 months (since this thread was started). At 50% tread (note: I didn't say it was ok, I said it was "less than ideal"), I probably could have made them last. If they have less than 45% of the tread left, then they wont last me for one season, which means that I have to buy another set of tires. That is the reason that I said a $200 refund accompanied by the tracking numbers would be acceptable. You declined to respond, so this option is off the table.

Finally - a partial refund is absolutely NOT acceptable. If you can afford $6,000 worth of wheels, a $30,000+ car and college tuition, then you can come up with the "tiny sum" that is the difference between a full refund and a partial refund. I paid you $1,675, and that's exactly what I expect to get back.

~Laken
Old 01-12-2011, 02:45 AM

He sold me a "perfect condition" seibon hood that had cracks like it was opened too far and the corners closest to the windshield were broke off. You deserve to be put in the hospital. I sold that hood for half what I payed because I was honest and showed the damage because I don't like ____ty parts on my car. He wrecked his tC. I wouldn't buy ____ else from him.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

what a piece of s___
Old 01-12-2011, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

was that the hood painted FM?
Originally Posted by 09tc318 View Post
He sold me a "perfect condition" seibon hood that had cracks like it was opened too far and the corners closest to the windshield were broke off. You deserve to be put in the hospital. I sold that hood for half what I payed because I was honest and showed the damage because I don't like ____ty parts on my car. He wrecked his tC. I wouldn't buy ____ else from him.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by DutchOven View Post
The reason why I cannot refund you the whole amount is because I spent a tiny sum of the money on books for school.
prolly the funniest thing i have every read. youre a ____ing moron give the man all his money back he didnt give you the money to buy books he gave it to for rims you are not giving him.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Un4Scene View Post
I would prefer to use the Paypal dispute forum for communication about this, but if you want it on here I can deal with that. Just for the record, this is the first time I've heard anything about Hydralover being a third-party liaison. You registered on SL a long time ago, and you've got enough activity to post a classified advertisement (EDIT: my mistake, you don't have enough activity, so you were trying to get around SL's rules. Noted.). Why do you need a liaison to sell your wheels for you? For that matter... I'm kind of curious as to why someone else would be willing to take that risk for you, but that's irrelevant.

First off, I said there was no need to rush the shipping, and that I wasn't home at that time. I immediately followed that statement with "as long as I get them within a couple of weeks." I meant that the slowest and cheapest method of shipping was fine, not that it was ok to wait several weeks to ship them. Why would I pay you that much money and then tell you that it was ok to take your time sending me what I bought? That doesn't even make sense. Along with the shipping address, I told you specifically that it was a business address, and that the packages were to be addressed to someone else, care-of the company that they work for.

Secondly, when I said "no communication", I meant that I hadn't heard anything since the last time I sent you a message and told you that I needed an answer by Monday. I specifically gave you fair warning that if I didn't hear anything by Monday then I would contact Paypal. That's exactly what I did.

Third - I made an offer on the wheels and tires that you have, rather than a different set, specifically because they were listed as having a good set of tires with 80% of the tread left. I needed the tires to last me through at least one season of driving. Per what you have told me, you've worn down 35% of the tread in about 1.5 months (since this thread was started). At 50% tread (note: I didn't say it was ok, I said it was "less than ideal"), I probably could have made them last. If they have less than 45% of the tread left, then they wont last me for one season, which means that I have to buy another set of tires. That is the reason that I said a $200 refund accompanied by the tracking numbers would be acceptable. You declined to respond, so this option is off the table.

Finally - a partial refund is absolutely NOT acceptable. If you can afford $6,000 worth of wheels, a $30,000+ car and college tuition, then you can come up with the "tiny sum" that is the difference between a full refund and a partial refund. I paid you $1,675, and that's exactly what I expect to get back.

~Laken
If you read my post, you would've seen that I'm going to refund you the FULL AMOUNT. You were the one who decided to go public with this, so public it is.

I did not register a long time ago; I do not consider a membership period of 5 months to be very long. If my primary objective was to scam people of their money, then I would've just made the damn thread myself instead of using a friend as a scapegoat. Damn if I were a scammer at heart, I could just scam your $1675 if I just close my bank account, right?

Whatever wheels you are referring to, are worth nowhere near $6,000.

No communication means no communication. It was purely exaggeration, I know.

It has not been several weeks since payment. It has only been a few weeks. You said couple of weeks.

I already said that I did not respond directly to your request of a $200 refund, but I guess you could repeat it again.

Once again, you will receive your FULL REFUND on Wednesday, January 12, 2011. Full amount means $1675, if you're wondering.

Originally Posted by 09tc318 View Post
You're an idiot. It's your fault for not contacting the seller about the problems. This isn't the thread for it anyway. You see the title? It says ADVAN RS. It means this thread is generally about the sale of ADVAN RS's.

Just thought you should know.

Originally Posted by Luc1f3r View Post
prolly the funniest thing i have every read. youre a ____ing moron give the man all his money back he didnt give you the money to buy books he gave it to for rims you are not giving him.
Your input is not making any contributions to this thread, so therefore it is not needed. Thanks though! But nonetheless, I'm sorry I actually am going to college and learning correct grammar and punctuation. This matter of business is between Laken and I, so why don't you take your head out of your **** and replace it with your sh1tbox on steelies?

Much Love.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ADVAN RS 18x8.5 +48, 5x100 w/ Hankook V12's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.