Notices
Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT

Need some roll cages built anybody know anybody?

Old 11-03-2010, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Need some roll cages built anybody know anybody?

Hey all I need 2 cages built. Im going to put up as much info as i can so you can kinda get an idea what im looking for. Looking to get the 88 MR2 done after the 1st of the year, the 92 a little later down the line.

1st car, I am in the process of building a NASA / SCCA track car and need a full cage built. Car is totally stripped at the moment all the way down to nothing including the steering column. Im looking to have a a 6 point cage installed. (4 on the floor 2 against the firewall) Its an 88 MR2 if that makes a difference. I am not above it being "through the dash" if need be, but i would like to keep it around the dash if possible. Im not 100% sure on the rules for it to be a legal cage but i figured he/she/they should know. This one i want welded in and must have a video cam mount along with harness hook ups. I want to get this done before the car gets sent out for paint so no worries about scratching or whatever and would rather have like a backyard self employed person then a shop do it because i like have that one on one deal.

Now for the 2nd car. For this one, its going in a 92 MR2. This one will run at Bondurant and maybe driving it 2 times a month Saturday nights around town. This one will be a little more involved. Im looking for a 9 point cage. (5 on the floor, 2 on the firewall 2 through the back window down to the rear strut mounts) I dont really know what to call it but im looking for a cross mount from the rear hoop to the passenger side floor kinda like the Lotus super 7's. I dont know if that possible with it going through the glass.

I want to go through the back glass into the bay. All the rear will be pulled and will end up having a Ferrari F40 style rear lid. (were cramming a 2GR with custom made ITB set up. hehe) but HUGE bonus if they can mold in a plexi / Lexan / speed glass / back window because honestly i dont know what to do with a through the glass cage . This one needs to be around the dash. cam mount and harnesses mount as well. This one will be done after the 88.

Also might have another 91 MR2 as well, This one has a 4 point rear roll bar set up, but would want a full cage created from it. This one is a maybe.

Edit: This one will be caged as well

if you know anybody PM me or post it up. The 88 will most likely not have an engine in it at the moment while were building the 20V so just be aware of that.

thanks!

Last edited by kustom_play; 11-07-2010 at 01:29 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:22 PM
T_J
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Kyle Green Fab, in Mesa:

480-415-3763
http://www.kylegreenfab.com/

He does mostly off-road stuff & is a racer himself, but I know he does roll cages & other suspension stuff for all walks of racing. He's a good guy & does top notch work, too.

He built my brother's truck:

http://www.kylegreenfab.com/photogal...cksnissan.html

He does a lot of work for the Team Loco guys...//TJ
Old 11-04-2010, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool, i'll give them a call

some other forums recommended this place as well

http://www.thefuturefab.com/

they look like they do good shiz

i'll call them both and see, thanks for the info
Old 11-07-2010, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

check out my shop that sponsored me called ammo-racing.com they built all of the roll cages for the srd 350zs and they have pricing tell them i sent you and they will hook u up they are located on 7thavenue and dv
Old 11-07-2010, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by agencytc
check out my shop that sponsored me called ammo-racing.com they built all of the roll cages for the srd 350zs and they have pricing tell them i sent you and they will hook u up they are located on 7thavenue and dv
cool man thanks

i will add them to my list

they have a website?
Old 12-01-2010, 06:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Arizona Kustom Concepts does roll cages.. Allen is NHRA certified. He is also the fab guy doing helping do my RWD conversion. His number is (623) 936-7995. He is good on prices since it he owns his own business and shop.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

There is a place that I use as well. It is called AZ Dirtworx. Sean is the owner and builder, His number is 480-246-4553. They build all kinds of off road race trucks. These have to meet spec as well. They are very good at custom cages. They are going to be building mine whenever I find the time to give it up.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool, im going to be sending the 1st one out to get caged mid Jan. I just bought another 87 so ive been really busy with all these cars but I think im going to end up parting it out more then keeping it, unless somebody wants another race car shell.

I will add him to the list

thanks for the info
Old 12-29-2010, 06:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok so I ended up going with JPF Metalwerks Inc.

Cool people, quoted me specs right off the top of his head. Even came up with a better solution and figured out he could go to the back strut tower while leaving the back window in.

Few snaps:

looking for any metal work i would highly recommend them!