Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Regional - Great Lakes (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-great-lakes-1623/)
-   -   Bulls steal No.1 draft pick (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-great-lakes-1623/bulls-steal-no-1-draft-pick-138440/)

ryuji16 06-03-2008 05:29 PM

Bulls steal No.1 draft pick

whats up chicago? i live in socal but lived in chicago for most of my childhood and grew up on mj. which also means im a bulls fan for life (and most likely a laker-hater for life since everyone out here is all over kobe's nuts and what not).

i know this past season was a huge disappointment, but with the changes they made and the new changes soon to come, what are your guys' thoughts on the whole situation?

imo, derrick rose should be the pick.

i havent talked to any real bulls fans in a VERY long time, i know you guys are out there

olafpilaf_69 06-03-2008 06:03 PM

'Da Bulls!

Hey ry! It's funny how many Chicago area transplants stay true to their teams long after moving away...Just watch the Cubs when they're on the road and you always see a bunch of Cubbie blue in the stands. Anway, I am stoked about the Bulls getting #1 even though they don't deserve it. Collins as coach again will be announced today or tomorrow. I like that Rose could one day turn out to be something like Chris Paul (maybe better) but the team has been so inconsistent in the low post that it has many wondering whether to go for Beasley or pull off a big trade (Gordon, Deng, Hughes...?) to get a bigger body with experience. Guards tend to be able to have a bigger overall impact as far as directing the rest of a team so Rose gets my vote but I just hope management makes smart moves to give him the right team to do big things here instead of a bunch of self-centered and immature kids. And yeah, Kobe is a badass but nobody will ever take the game, commercially nor dramatically, where Jordan has and I think he knows this to be true.

We'll see how it all plays out in the next few weeks - Should be interesting!

Everyone can visit us at Schaumburg Scion!

ecks 06-03-2008 06:34 PM

I second the rose pick. I've also heard that the bulls may be making a run for shaq, which may be a great addition as long as we're not shelling crazy money over to him.. as more of an educational tool for the younger guys.

ryuji16 06-03-2008 06:48 PM

havent heard anything about shaq, but im on the fence on that one. he might not even bother coming over, we dont have a championship-caliber team yet – hes gonna figure that he has better chances in phoenix.

theres a lot of talk about dwayne wade though. he denies the rumors, but the guy is a free agent in 2010, and is also a chicago native. a rose-wade combo with a more experienced joakim noah in 2010 could be killer... but that depends on how noah develops.

ryuji16 06-20-2008 05:12 PM

draft day is coming up.

i still think derrick rose is our man.

and what do you guys think of hiring del negro? im leaning towards "bad move." the guy has no coaching experience whatsoever, i dont know what theyre thinking in that front office. hopefully vinny can prove me wrong.

i just dont want us to end up losing the number one pick at the end of the season like we did elton brand. i think about that every day.

CRiMiNaL 06-20-2008 06:59 PM

its gonna be DERRICK! atleast i hope so!

we got a run and gin coach! so now we need a run and gun playa!

SchaumburgScionJT3 06-20-2008 07:13 PM

^^yup it better be rose. we defiently need to trade sum our guards for a big man. we need sum muscle unlike noah

SchaumburgScionJT3 06-20-2008 07:14 PM

i trust pax to do whats needed to start winnin now.

olafpilaf_69 06-20-2008 10:09 PM

Bulls!

Okay, okay...So we did not hire Collins and let a couple other highly qualified coaches slip by -What happened with Avery Johnson?- but I am still curious to see what big player moves will be made in the next few weeks. Should the Bulls go with Rose, it is pretty apparent that things will be shaking up in that department. Ben Gordon's pass on the $50 million offered last off season may have management wondering if they dodged a bullet given his inconsistent play during this past season and overall lack of commanding leadership which the team is deeply in need of right now. I will not be completely surprised to see him in another uniform next season, traded to get a better veteran player. During their workouts for Chicago Beasley expressed his desire to play for Chicago and seemed to charm everyone in attendance. I think the Bulls really need that low post muscle but already have guys like Tyrus and (minus the muscle) Noah who can learn to calm down and just make the shot instead of trying to dunk it every look they get. I like both top contenders but feel that Rose may be able to provide the leadership role needed as long as the rest of the team is ready to take orders from a rookie. And therein exists the problem...Between egos, laziness and overall disrespect for management, these guys are shooting themselves in the feet and will get nowhere until they remember that only real teams can go all the way - Just look at the new champs. Too many players on this team seem content to grab a paycheck go about their day win or lose. We need players that want to win above everything else and whichever of these high-hyped players the Bulls choose better be just that or we are in for more of last seasons antics. :relief:

Back to the coaching: Del Negro was affordable and Jerry is a cheap bastard. With Rose picked first, he will be coached by a former guard and that would seem to be a plus given Vinny may identify with Rose on that level. What's done is done and now we have to see if this is one giant crap shoot or unsettling genius at work. The Bulls got lucky with the draft, maybe they'll get lucky with this coach!

Check us out at SchaumburgScion.com

ryuji16 06-20-2008 10:43 PM

i would have loved to get avery johnson. as soon as he was fired, i got excited at the notion of the bulls possibly hiring him, but it looks like he wants to take a year off, and get his free money out that jerk-off mark cuban's pocket. to be honest i would do the same thing.

vinny was a guard, yes, but so was avery johnson. hell, mark jackson was a high profile point guard back in his day. hes been through far more than del negro as a player. there was talk about nabbing him but that ended quickly, for some reason i cannot comprehend. if they were going to take a first-timer, they should have looked further into getting mark jackson.

ben gordon, imo, is not a leader. ive noticed that he cannot perform as a starter, and his numbers seem to shoot up when hes put in the 6th man position. it could be that he is not ready for that responsibility. i still think we need to keep him.

hinrich, on the other hand – wow. he just went cold this season. im thinking we can trade him with a few other players to get ourselves a veteran back up point guard to support/mentor derrick rose. we can spare a few of our dozens of guards to get someone with a proven record.

but depending on who we can get, i could live with losing either gordon or hinrich, just not both of them.

SchaumburgScionJT3 06-20-2008 11:41 PM

all good points. i think gordon puts too much pressure on himself and when he does that he performs well below average. but with rose taking the pressure of being a true point guard that can get to the rim and penetrate, gordon might settle in and become more comfortable. hinrich as much as i like him needs to be traded i think especially when we get rose. ship him with like two other guys for a good down low presence or veterans if we can get a free agent. whos a free agent out there this year anyways?

ryuji16 06-20-2008 11:51 PM

GILBERT ARENAS

last i heard hes opt-ing out of his contract and testing the waters...

a back court of arenas and rose, with ben gordon at the 6th... hopefully a bulkier joakim noah at the 5, tyrus thomas at 4, nocioni at 3. but noc is another guy that plays better off the bench. go figure.

i wonder if we can afford arenas (or if our guy at the top floor even wants to front the cash...)

SchaumburgScionJT3 06-21-2008 12:10 AM

^^^ probaly not haha as history has proved. and yea noc is a great spark off the bench with gordon. i still am not a fan of noah really. be nice if had a like like leon powe from celtics, young hard working and strong

ryuji16 06-21-2008 01:32 AM

we'll see how noah works out next season. after all, it will only be his 2nd year, and most of his first year he was playing off the bench under ben wallace, instead of starting games like al horford and kevin durant. so his experience isnt quite there yet.

i just hope he finds the time to hit the weight room

SchaumburgScionJT3 06-21-2008 02:19 PM

exactly i still think even if he hit the weight room, i like the other guys better. sorry to be a pooper. i dunno i just want a great big man .

olafpilaf_69 06-21-2008 03:28 PM

JT,
Rumor has is that there are a lot of great big men on the north side of Chicago near Belmont and Broadway. You should go check over there! Send us a postcard.

SchaumburgScionJT3 06-21-2008 03:30 PM

lmao wanna come with?

ryuji16 06-21-2008 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by SchaumburgScionJT3
exactly i still think even if he hit the weight room, i like the other guys better. sorry to be a pooper. i dunno i just want a great big man .

most people feel the same way you do, and i dont blame them. i just have a little bit more faith in the guy because i followed him and the rest of his team closely during their NCAA run in florida. his teammate, al horford in atlanta, almost made ROY this year, and so did al thornton on the clippers. the other two guys, corey brewer in minnesota and taurean green at portland (i think hes still there...) have yet to bloom in the NBA but im still pulling for them

SchaumburgScionJT3 06-21-2008 08:22 PM

good point... all that matters is the bulls start making some moves to make this team playoff bound

olafpilaf_69 06-24-2008 04:44 PM

Bulls!

Just a couple more days 'til draft time...Too bad I have to work! Does anyone know if it is going to be broadcast live on the radio in the Chicagoland area? Beyond the #1 pick, I think it will be interesting to see if any big trades are pulled off draft night (among all teams, not just the Bulls). Remember when we traded Elton Brand?..What a great move *sarcastic remark*! Anway, I'm not sure how much worse things could get around Chicago so i'm not too scared about them f**king it up. What type of player should the Bulls go with for their second pick?

Let's hear your thoughts people!

And don't forget to visit us at Schaumburg Scion (IL) or SchaumburgScion.com! :silly: