Notices
Regional - Great Lakes IL, IN, OH, MI, WI

Question on FRS pricing.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 02:21 PM

Default Question on FRS pricing.

I am a potential buyer and was checking out a new FRS last night. Now I am aware that Scion has this concept of a sticker price that is non-negotiable. I asked the dealer if there was any wiggle room and his first response was 'No.' then he comes back with 'well not much'.
So later I ask him to take the $225 off of the list price. His 'boss' came back with that if they did that they would lose their license.

Is that true?

Thanks
Old 06-18-2013, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, it is a condition of the contract to sell Scion's that they are sold for the MSRP and that is that. At some dealerships you could ask for some kickbacks like maybe a few free accessories or a discount on service contract or something, but not very much really.

You can go and negotiate a deal on a Subaru BRZ if you want though.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm pretty sure that is true. all scion models have always been 'pure pricing'...unless its used (then i've seen dealerships trying to sell used for more than new). the one thing you have to watch is they will throw options on cars that are on the lot to try to raise the price more...so adding an upgraded head unit or floor mats. and then they can 'raise the price' because there are 'options' in it that they usually wont remove (found that out when i was looking at a new car last year. it had the upgraded head unit w/ navi and reverse camera all things i didnt need but wanted the car and they refused to take them out to drop the price)
Old 06-18-2013, 07:27 PM

Default Ok thanks guys

Appreciate the info.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:35 PM

OK so I bought it last night. Was at the dealer late and I took the car in to work. I haven't had a chance to read the owner's manual but I will tonight. So question how do enable to window controls to allow you to leave the windows cracked. I had that ability working on 1 but now they both go either all the way up or if you try to stop it they reverse direction.
I assume it has something to do with the Auto function. Its going to be a hot idea. Can anyone advise me on this?

Thanks