Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Regional - Great Lakes (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-great-lakes-1623/)
-   -   Rocks are being thrown at my car!! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-great-lakes-1623/rocks-being-thrown-my-car-18746/)

J_Bomb 02-23-2005 05:09 AM

Rocks are being thrown at my car!!

If anyone has had any front end mask or "bra" for a long time, I would greatly appreciate a reply. Please reply with any comments.

BLeeK 02-23-2005 06:48 AM

I would never put one on

tjdxscion 02-23-2005 07:06 AM

front end mask, yeah they work alright but only if thats the look your going for!
to be honest i had a front end mask on my 95 jetta for about a year, it saved me from rock chips, scratches and bugs. It did allright, i would take it off every now and then clean it and auto armor it, I thought it looked good on the car> "BUT" when it was off the car i could tell that wind and vibration had been wearing on my paint to the point that it could not be resolved with a buffer! Make your decision based on this! If you think a girl looks hot with tan lines after its all off then go for it> if not then dont and use touch up paint like the rest of us! if your just tring to keep it clean for the long trips then hear this. "It takes a dedicated owner to put a protecter on and off because it is such a pain in the ___!"
hope this helps!
peace tjd!

KYBoy 02-23-2005 07:09 AM

i would never put one on my car
they are ugly!

Lonely_Raven 02-23-2005 01:14 PM

IMHO Japanese paint is too thin, and there is no way to
keep it positivly clean enough underneith.

On the other hand, those 3M clear bra type things are
pretty neat, I considered getting it for my BOP xB, but I'm
opting to save that money and use it to paint something
once the front does eventually get chipped up.

manejounxa 02-23-2005 02:16 PM

I have one and I like so :P

Mista3 02-23-2005 02:31 PM

If there is a magnetic bra that can be applied that might be a better option.

Blue_Estel 02-23-2005 02:56 PM

I have one on my xA, it's saved my roof and windshield from rocks a bunch of times... I took it off for the winter and the very next day, a crushed paint can or some type of metal debris got tossed up by a semi and left a nice scrape down to bare metal right where the bra WAS. It's been on since then, I take it off to clean it out and let it dry every couple days...

I won't drive the Michigan expressways without it now...

~chris

Fujiz_xb 02-23-2005 03:54 PM

i dont like the bra.

i can get a hold of the clear bra kits for anybody interested.

oni424 02-23-2005 04:00 PM

i got it. I like it. It keeps my front end chip free. however. I didnt get it soon enough

Cameron 02-23-2005 04:12 PM

Used it for a year. Black Sand XB. No paint wear.

Saved my XB once. I was ambushed by a tumble-weed in the fast lane on the freeway once. I totally obliterated the bush. Pulled over, cleared out my grill, and was on my way. Not a scratch on the car. True story.

I'd take it off for car washes or summer vacation weeks when I wasn't commuting.

J_Bomb 02-23-2005 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by tjdxscion
If you think a girl looks hot with tan lines after its all off then go for it> if not then dont and use touch up paint like the rest of us!

The question is , would you rather have a pimple faced girl with a good body or would you rather have a girl wearing sunglasses and having tan lines with a good body?

manejounxa 02-23-2005 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by J_Bomb

Originally Posted by tjdxscion
If you think a girl looks hot with tan lines after its all off then go for it> if not then dont and use touch up paint like the rest of us!

The question is , would you rather have a pimple faced girl with a good body or would you rather have a girl wearing sunglasses and having tan lines with a good body?

Yeah terry which would you choose? :P

Fujiz_xb 02-23-2005 07:44 PM

good question

SirScion 02-23-2005 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Fujiz_xb

How much does a clear bara kit cost? and how hard is it too put on, I am new to all this.

avus 02-23-2005 08:08 PM

here is a recommendation from someone else for a clear bra--
this guy comes out to you and you have a choice of 3M or Avary

Body-Skins Inc.
Mobile Service
South Elgin, IL 60177
847-530-8443
ranstadt@sbcglobal.net

raśl...

LauderDog 02-23-2005 08:23 PM

>>The question is , would you rather have a pimple faced girl with a good body or would you rather have a girl wearing sunglasses and having tan lines with a good body?<<

I think this would have a shade more relevance if we were banging our Scions.

:love:

Matt

Dwestxb 02-23-2005 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by SirScion

Originally Posted by Fujiz_xb

How much does a clear bara kit cost? and how hard is it too put on, I am new to all this.

You don't want to do it yourself, let someone that knows how to do it put it on.

TheScionicMan 02-24-2005 12:11 AM

If you're really worried about your car and care for it, it should help. If you want something that takes no effort and will keep things looking great, there isn't anything like that, sorry.

I see it as 6 of one a half-dozen of the other... You can go braless and you'll be repainting the front-end eventually from all the rockchips and such OR you can use the bra and you'll eventually have to repaint the front end from the bra damage... Same thing in the end, but what path do you want to take to get there? Chip-free and rubbed or rub-free and chipped?

If you maintain it properly, a bra should be the better alternative, IMO. and if you're showing your car or things of that nature, you can peel the bra off and be smooth and clean. But like I said, it isn't effortless.

msnlnx 02-24-2005 12:54 AM

I have one and it has saved me a few times, but I also have this damn buzzing. I've taken it off to make sure its the bra...damn thing drives me crazy. Anybody else noticed that?