Notices
Regional - Great Lakes IL, IN, OH, MI, WI

Southeast Michigan Toyota Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 12:31 PM

Default Southeast Michigan Toyota Car Show

Hi everyone,

My name is Rob and I work for Toyota Technical Center in Ann Arbor, MI which is Toyota's North American R&D center. I am also part of a group that organizes an internal car show that we've had for the past three years.

For this particular year, we're looking into inviting some of the public to join us. While this idea is still in the planning stages, I want to get some feedback from local Toyota/Lexus/Scion owners on whether this sounds interesting.

What the idea entails is having local Toyota/Lexus/Scion owners send in info/pics of their car. Our events group would then decide on who would be invited since space will be limited. The participants would then bring their car in for the show (which is usually from 11am-1pm), hangout, and get a chance to meet and with Toyota employees (including program chief engineers). Lunch should be provided, and I'm trying to get approval for some kind of tour of our facility (which is very difficult considering everything is confidential).

So let me know what you guys think and any comments you might have.

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2011, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What date are you thinking of doing this? I would be very interested in participating in this and I know Team Scionara would also be interested.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...190355&page=61

The tour of the facility would be amazing and being a computer aided automotive engineer it would be awesome discussing things with a chief engineer. Also would love to share with the engineers the products I have been help developing with Dare 2B Different Motorwerks and Scionpro.com.

Please pm me more info and your email to get things rolling. Also for sure the date you are looking at so I can get on my painter and share the date with him.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

i would love to do this too. especially, if we go to see the fr-s ;) haha

but i would totally do this. where do you want me to send pictures of my car? It's not anywhere near stock, but i don't know if that's what you're going for or not.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:48 PM

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in updates. Originally we were trying to plan the car show on the same week as the Nascar Sprint/Truck Series at MIS so we could get some of the race cars to come to the event, but it looks like it won't be able to happen. Either way we'll have a date finalized by next Wednesday (6/22) with more info on what activities we'll have and how to submit your info.

Thanks.

Rob
Old 06-17-2011, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

should have some sort of like autocross set up in the parking lot (i don't know what kind of event it is going to be)

But regardless i'll be very interested in going.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

updates?
Old 06-26-2011, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by skinnayyy
should have some sort of like autocross set up in the parking lot (i don't know what kind of event it is going to be)

But regardless i'll be very interested in going.

Their lot does not really have the space for this. Well at least where I think they would hold something like this.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Team Scionara
SL Member

Originally Posted by TTCRob21
Hey guys, sorry for the delay in updates. Originally we were trying to plan the car show on the same week as the Nascar Sprint/Truck Series at MIS so we could get some of the race cars to come to the event, but it looks like it won't be able to happen. Either way we'll have a date finalized by next Wednesday (6/22) with more info on what activities we'll have and how to submit your info

Thanks.

Rob
Hey rob, looking for updates. With this being in our backyard, please keep Team Scionara updated. We are SouthEast Michgan's number 1 Scion Exclusive car club. I'll have everyone post up their info if need be. 786.683.7058 txt me if u hear anything.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:22 PM

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately the executives have decided they would like to keep the show this year internal. So we will not be inviting any of the public this year. However, they did mention the possibility for next year so be on the lookout for that.

Thank you for the interest, and I was really looking forward to checking out the local Scion clubs. Again I apologize for getting anybody's hopes up.

Rob