Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Regional - Lonestar (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-lonestar-1624/)
-   -   NO WARRANTY FOR A TV IF YOU BUY IT FROM A WHOLESALER??? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-lonestar-1624/no-warranty-tv-if-you-buy-wholesaler-61583/)

SCIONrage 06-05-2006 06:28 PM

NO WARRANTY FOR A TV IF YOU BUY IT FROM A WHOLESALER???

what kind of crappola is that???

i'm trying to buy a brand new sony tv online and they're telling me that unless i buy the tv from a retailer, sony doesn't honor the warranty.

wtf?! anyone heard of this before?

M2-Motoring 06-05-2006 06:31 PM

thats notbhing new..a lot of wholesellers here in CA sell refurbed equipment so warranty is NOT honered by manufacturer but should be warrantied by the wholesaler themselves. sony only warrantys products purchased from an approved retail outlet. ie circuit city best buy and etc. al ot of small mom n pop wholesale outlets but the broken or b-lot equipment and fix them themselves.

jbae1221 06-05-2006 06:32 PM

I know that you need to buy car stereo equipement from an authorized dealer online or brick and motar.. but i'm not so sure about tvs.. i would assume that it is the same..

jhend924 06-05-2006 06:45 PM

I sell tv's, along with appliances and various other electronics and no 99% of the time if you cannot trace your purchase to an authorized dealer that they can trace the shipping too(proving it is or isnt refurbished) then you would be buying a "gray good" and they will not warranty the piece...works the same way for many other products but tv's and appliances especially

SCIONrage 06-05-2006 08:15 PM

egh, this sucks. although i'm going to get negative feedback for this, i'm just going to have to back out of the deal.

wish they'd have told me this in their auction...

:( :( :(

jbae1221 06-05-2006 08:47 PM

buy from bestbuy or circuitcity and talk them down.. just because it states 200 dollars on the tag doesn't mean you have to pay 200 dollars.. most of the time thye will drop the price a little if you try..

SCIONrage 06-05-2006 11:03 PM

buying online = not paying tax.

pillage 06-06-2006 02:52 PM

no taxes = no help if it breaks.

Listen to the voices man, is the risk worth what the taxeswould be. Besides you have the option of getting even better coverage though a retailer.

SCIONrage 06-06-2006 03:02 PM

well, you're right about the no help if it breaks...BUT...and this is a sir-mix-alot sized "but," if you buy it from an authorized dealer, REGARDLESS of whether you buy it retail or online, they will cover the item.

pillage 06-07-2006 01:30 AM

IF they are authorized the manufactuer will cover it under basic defects. typically i is 90 days labor 1 yr parts. in some cases 1yr of each. Now in the event it is something major it will not be covered they will not help u. I just want you to make a smart buy. I have been dealing in electronics for about 4 years. I hope that u get what u r looking for.

Good luck