Notices
Regional - Lonestar: DFW Metro Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplitan Area

Newbie Here! Waiting on my new xB!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Newbie Here! Waiting on my new xB!

Good evening all,

Let me start off by introducing myself. I am Phat Matt aka DJ Phat Matt from Dallas. I have been a local mobile and club DJ since I was about 15 (got started very young with some good connections)... Anyways, I have been in a huge rut the past few years with no car.

I had a Civic that I started financing when I was 18 with my Uncle who co signed (he is slightly mentally challenged) and they really took advantage of us on the price, etc... and so I was stuck with used Civic with $330 payments and a total balance of like $15k when I decided I had had enough. At this time my insurance was insanely high due to tickets and I couldnt take the car back or sell it cause of some dagame to the driver side. The dealership said they would help, but stopped returning our calls after they commited to helping us..... Long story short, my uncle took the Civic and his old truck and traded them (combining the leftover Civic price) on a brand new truck. So the Civic didnt get repoed and it shows up on our credit as being fully paid off.

I got very lucky, but on top of this back over 1.5 years ago I had about 5 unpaid speeding tickets on my record. I sat em out in jail and paid some off and decided to just let them stay on my record since I didnt have a car or plan on getting insurance. I have 6 point on my record and have to pay $100 to the State every year. Well, I have been Dr. Marten (ing) and DART (ing) my ___ to work the past Year and a half with plans to get a car every month for the past 3 months. I saw the xB a few years ago and was turned off by the box look, well it finally grew on me and I fell in love.

I decided it would be a great little car I could modify to suit me and would be great to haul my DJ gear. I sat in one at the fair a week ago and today went to the Scion dealership and test drove one. I found out I have decent credit for a 21 year old with a ____ty driving record. They quoted me payments of about $340 a month which I can deal with. Would be $308 if I decided to lease it. I test drove a black one; however, I am really partial to silver which there were none of except Manuel's which I never learned to drive. After 30 mins or so of contimplating I on just getting the black I decided to have them get a Silver from another dealship and just wait another week or 2. I spent 3 hours on DART buses to and from the dealership each way, but it was well worth it for the professionalism and helpfulness these guys provided me at Scion of Plano!

I cant wait to get in my xB and get back on the road (with no more tickets) after 1.5 years. The xB I am getting is pretty much stock right now, Auto, Silver, Ipod Ready, Cruise....

Though after a while I plan on adding
Exhaust
Tires/ Wheels
Sound System
Lights

and possibly
CA Intake and a Body Kit, etc....
!!!!!ALL OF WHICH I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!!!!!

I know to gas em up and take them in for oil changes, that is about it! I want a some extra speed and unique style all my own and hopefully with assistance of this site, the boards, and other local xB drivers I can achieve that. I hope to show up to many events *in my stock xB* (please dont laugh haha)! And hopefully after some time and suggestions customize it some to fit me!

Sorry for carrying on, but you know how it is when your blood is flowing and your psyched about a new car, especially a SCION!

Hope to chat with and meet any of yall soon!

PHAT MATT
Old 10-15-2006, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

just go ahead and bag it and DRAG it baby.. welcome to SL its a crazy place......you will fit in just fine...lol.... HOLLA

POOTY your neighborhood..... street pharmicist....lol
Old 10-15-2006, 03:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Thanks

I am sure I will fit in fine.... crazy is the new normal! Nice xB BTW!
Old 10-15-2006, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Welcome aboard!!
Old 10-16-2006, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks, I just got an insurance quote from another company and its over 1/2 what the cheapest quote I got was.... So thats means more money to play with my xB with!
Old 10-16-2006, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hello to you.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY!!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweet! A new family to mooch off of! LMAO! Not really... I pay all my own! Except I am saving a ton living back with my mom!
Old 10-17-2006, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hey homie, like i said on the Scikotics website, give me a holla with what you need or need installed. Also on the wheels give me a holla as well i work at NTB and we can work on the pricing.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^^Listen to him he is a man of his word.