Notices
Regional - Mid Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV
View Poll Results: What do you look forward to most in a car show you attend?
Models
11.54%
# of Trophies
19.23%
Contests, Raffles, Activities
7.69%
The vendors & sponsors that attend
7.69%
Hanging out with teams and friends
53.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

2nd Annual Arbutus Volunteer Fire Department Car Show9/14/08

Old 09-19-2008, 04:35 AM
SL Member

Hey everybody,

On behalf of the Arbutus Volunteer Fire Department, the show would not have been as successful without your support. We hope to everyone again next year.

Personally, I want to thank everyone that came out and supported the show!

It was great seeing everyone there. However, I am not going to lie, I barely got to see anyone. I know I saw Brian twice at the show for a total of 16 seconds and then Moises for about 4 seconds with his cute little baby. Give the baby a two second glance. I think I saw Mike B. for a whopping second and a half. And then I had manage forty show staff people helping with everything from parking to registration to food stands. Plus there was drama at the beginning of the show with some individuals getting into verbal rants and arguments about parking issues, a couple of times. I am certain that the immense heat contributed to some of the issues. My point being that I could not really enjoy most of the show due to the fact I was running around with 2 hours of sleep, no food, and a mass of things to do. The conclusion of the show took that to a new level.

I am aware of some concerns in regards to judging, trophies, and the length of time it all took. I am addressing the concerns and I am working with several members to resolve some of the issues we were dealing with and to improve everything for future events.

vettereddie,

There is much truth to what you have said. About five-six months before the show's date, I went over to meet with the management of the Town Hall and they stated they had an event scheduled for the day of the show. So we planned not to be able to use and to try to use other areas. We had been trying to acquire that parking space to make it easier for all the spectators and possibly an overflow area for additional show vehicles.

insaneintenti0n,

Like vettereddie mentioned and I have, future shows will have a revamped trophy list and amount. I am not about to lock myself into any specifics at this time, but we are considering looking into something like Top 40 which would make things potentially easier and MUCH quicker for everyone. I want all future shows to end a lot more smoother than this year. The actual conclusion of the show was definitely not planned to result in such a delay.

I appreciate all feedback and you are all welcome to PM me or send emails to arbutuscarshow@gmail.com

I am looking at several options to improve next year's show. If I am able to retain this year's turnout, I am certain that I will be able to bring enough additional vehicles to overflow the parking lot again. Therefore, I am considering looking at using much larger parking lots for future shows (such as UMBC or the MARC train station, not sure if I can legally do the last one). The only downside to moving to a larger lot would be the loss of the fire department's facilites, AC, etc. I would have tents put up and the fire engines there, but if next year is as hot as last Sunday, a little shade may not be enough for some people.

Let me know what you guys think. I value all of your input and I hope that everyone was able to enjoy the fundraiser for the fire department. All of the members were honored to have such support and such a turnout for our fundraiser.

Thank you all again.

Best regards,

-Mike

PS: Like Brian said, if anyone has any photos of the event, please post them! I saw a few photos from a couple of people that took them quickly with their camera phone and I know I barely got to see any of the vehicles that were there. I was not one of the judges, otherwise I might have seen more of the vehicles than I did. Of the 179 registered vehicles, I barely had time to glance at maybe 20 vehicles. That is why when people show me photos of the vehicles that came, I am like "Cool, that was here?" or "Oh yeah, I was hoping that vehicle would show up!" lol.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really didn't take many. Here's a handful.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And some on another forum... not mine.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:38 PM
SL Member

Nice photos. I definitely did not get to pay attention to several of the rides there... I did not even know that we had a pick-up truck with the firefighter theme going on, pretty cool.

That Scion xD is the most slammed one I have seen so far.

I am glad we had such a variety of vehicles supporting the show. A lot of nice muscle, import, and unique vehicles...